May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
I'm looking through IP08, and I'm having a hard time finding that flowchart (doesn't seem to be around page 48, that's to do with dependents), but I'd like to see it for my own benefit.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip08-eng.pdf

The one thing I did see was a little statement saying that Canadians have a "RIGHT" to sponsor their spouses. Not a "privilege" to do so. Anyway, thought I'd mention that.

So, if REV2255 got SA, but *did not* get AIP, the only logical recourse is that CIC is having a hard time verifying if their relationship is genuine?
...but CIC made a fingerprint request?

How does that make sense, why are they withholding AIP because of FingerPrints?
Are they going to dust each of them for finger-prints to determine if they've been touching each other?

That's like getting SA but no AIP because your relationship can't be properly assessed till your medical is re-done.
One more possibility is that the applicant simply just doesn't get an AIP. There was no separate AIP back in 2013-2014, and nowadays sometimes they don't send DMs. So it's not so hard to imagine that an applicant gets DM as first response (or landing interview invitation...)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
One more possibility is that the applicant simply just doesn't get an AIP. There was no separate AIP back in 2013-2014, and nowadays sometimes they don't send DMs. So it's not so hard to imagine that an applicant gets DM as first response (or landing interview invitation...)
So CIC has decided that AIP is also something you don't *have* to get?

What is wrong with them?

AIP is actually useful. Provided you don't get DM for the 10 quoted months, AIP is your only access to Health Care.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
That's not true. AIP and SA were coming together, yes, but AIP was in fact going to the applicant's email address. For some unknown reason, CIC started slowing down the AIPs, and applicants were reporting not getting them right away, but CIC did NOT stop issuing AIP.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
That's not true. AIP and SA were coming together, yes, but AIP was in fact going to the applicant's email address. For some unknown reason, CIC started slowing down the AIPs, and applicants were reporting not getting them right away, but CIC did NOT stop issuing AIP.
That's not what I wrote. AFAIK before 2014 CIC didn't send a separate AIP for the applicant, only one email for the sponsor. They started the separate AIP for the applicant sometime in 2014.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
sophieee said:
That's not what I wrote. AFAIK before 2014 CIC didn't send a separate AIP for the applicant, only one email for the sponsor. They started the separate AIP for the applicant sometime in 2014.
That's not true. My wife (the applicant) got a seperate AIP email from me (sponsor) which I got AOR email and we were 2012 inland applicant. So sepearate AIP emails has been going on long before 2014. Granted that AIP and AOR emails were issued within hours of each other but they were still seperate emails given to two different people.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
screech339 said:
That's not true. My wife (the applicant) got a seperate AIP email from me (sponsor) which I got AOR email and we were 2012 inland applicant. So sepearate AIP emails has been going on long before 2014. Granted that AIP and AOR emails were issued within hours of each other but they were still seperate emails given to two different people.
Then I remembered incorrectly. My apologies.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Applicants only seem to get DM after AIP and SA only if they have new Medicals/Police checks, If there is anything out of date then there is always a delay.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
Applicants only seem to get DM after AIP and SA only if they have new Medicals/Police checks, If there is anything out of date then there is always a delay.
That's not always true. My spouse got DM within 7 days of AIP and her criminal check and medical were 1 year and 6 months old at that time, and clearly expired.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
I'm not even sure who I should be quoting at this point, but it's pretty obvious why DM would come some period of time SA, if the application needs something fixed up, like police checks, medical, etc...

What's confusing is why AIP would come some indeterminate time after SA in some cases.

Clearly somethings happening between these two things, and CIC isn't quite divulging what that is.

I'm not ruling out simple incompetence.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
Hello everyone specially the senior members here. I just wanted to update my status regarding my inland app. As you all know we applied last October 2014. We didn't get any email or mail from CIC since then not until yesterday. I got an email from an officer requesting me to submit the immigration medical exam and must be received in their office by October 10, 2015. We finally got the Application Number because it was in the request form (hehehe).

I have a clarification about the email. Below is the email i got.

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

######## - XXXX XXXX XXXX:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. Instructions will be e-mailed to you separately. This must be received at this office by: 2015/10/10

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

Question:
Should i only need to submit the medical exam only or should I also need to include the original police clearances?. I just want to make sure. Please help me. Thanks

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raffylopezcutora said:
Hello everyone specially the senior members here. I just wanted to update my status regarding my inland app. As you all know we applied last October 2014. We didn't get any email or mail from CIC since then not until yesterday. I got an email from an officer requesting me to submit the immigration medical exam and must be received in their office by October 10, 2015. We finally got the Application Number because it was in the request form (hehehe).

I have a clarification about the email. Below is the email i got.

Dear XXXX XXXX XXXX:

This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the Spouse or Common-law Partner in Canada class.

In order to continue processing your application, further information is required. You must complete/submit the following to this office:

######## - XXXX XXXX XXXX:
> Medical: Complete or provide proof of completion of the Immigration medical examination. Instructions will be e-mailed to you separately. This must be received at this office by: 2015/10/10

Unless original documents are specifically requested, please submit copies of supporting documents. All Police Certificates must be original. They will not be returned to you.

Question:
Should i only need to submit the medical exam only or should I also need to include the original police clearances?. I just want to make sure. Please help me. Thanks
Only Submit what they request. If they only request medical then just do that.

raffylopezcutora

Star Member
Jan 10, 2015
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga - inland app
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
October 19, 2014
AOR Received.
September 9, 2015
Med's Request
September 15, 2015
Med's Done....
September 29, 2014 - upfront
Interview........
October 28, 2015
LANDED..........
October 28, 2015
thanks Jamesdavid3. Too bad they didn't consider my upfront medical exam since it will expire this Sept. 29, 2015.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
raffylopezcutora said:
thanks Jamesdavid3. Too bad they didn't consider my upfront medical exam since it will expire this Sept. 29, 2015.
Don't quote me on it, I'm sure someone else will let you know as well.

I know its ridiculous, that your upfront medical is still valid until Sept. 29, 2015 so I am guessing the Officer didn't see when you did it and over-looked it.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
Wow...CIC updated IP08 in May (to now include language about the pilot OWP program) and you're right...the flowchart seems to be missing now.

Try pasting the URL into this site and look for a version from 2014:
https://archive.org/web/
Found the flowchart and uploaded it here for convenience:
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/gpooj/2015-09-11%2011_35_27_zpste6bczzw.png

So, as you said, the only step between SA and AIP is "Determine if Foreign National is a Member of the Class".

Not sure why that would ever take more than minutes.

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
Hello all,

I'm a bit confused as to the sponsor application status. On ECAS it says:

1. We received your application to sponsor NAME on October 27, 2014.
2. We sent you correspondence acknowledging receipt of your application(s) on August 11, 2015.
3. We started processing your application on August 10, 2015.
So the third point, does that mean that the application is in process? Should I request GCMS notes?