+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

jforbus

Mar 1, 2012
My girlfriend and I have been dating long-distance for 6 years now, and while we love each other, neither of us can stand the distance any longer. She's in Ontario and I'm in Texas. We want to get married, and I want to move in with her in Canada.

The only thing is, we would have to be able to be together during the processing of my PR application. It seems like the best way to do that is by applying Inland, because I understand that sometimes an application for an Open Work Permit is included to be approved as soon as the sponsor is approved.

Can just anyone get an open work permit? Are there any risks? We want to get married, but for things to work we have to be fairly certain we'll be able to be together during the sometimes EXTREMELY lengthy approval process.

Any info you can provide would be helpful.

endless82

Sep 15, 2015
I submitted sponsorship PR for my wife in Sept 2014, and

received e-mail that saying this on 11/19/2014

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on
2014/10/21.

I received this e-mail on July 31/ 2015

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/21 on behalf of the following member(s): MY WIFE

and yesterday Sep 14/2015 I had 1 e-mail and my wife got 2 e-mails stating

first e-mail for my wife -

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.

second e-mail for my wife -

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

and e-mail for me -

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of WIFE's NAME and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

I was searching this forum and people were saying that second e-mail my wife got is a DM.
I was expecting to get it mid next year so I am pretty much confused and surprised right now. :eek: we got all 3 e-mails yesterday afternoon.

Is this really a DM ? does this sound good ??

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
endless82 said:

This confirms that your application for Permanent Residence under the Spouse or common-law
partner in Canada class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on
2014/10/21.

This confirms that your application to Sponsor a Member of the Family Class has been received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) on 2014/10/21 on behalf of the following member(s): MY WIFE

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of
your stay in Canada.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

and e-mail for me -

This refers to the Application to Sponsor a Member of the Spouse or Common-Law Partner in Canada
Class you submitted to this office on behalf of WIFE's NAME and family (if applicable).
You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly.
If you received this communication via email, please note that another copy will not be mailed to you.

I was searching this forum and people were saying that second e-mail my wife got is a DM.
I was expecting to get it mid next year so I am pretty much confused and surprised right now. :eek: we got all 3 e-mails yesterday afternoon.

Yeah that's DM. Congratulations, you won the lottery.

Why they are processing September is completely beyond me.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
jwilcanada said:
May 2014 applicant, the 17 month processing time cic quotes seems to be coming around quickly but watching sophieee's timeline i dont see this happening... wtf is going on? Having life on hold is getting the better of me!
CIC is straight up mentally incapable of doing any better.

They are idiots.

The reason they won't be getting to May, ever, is because they're too occupied processing September 2014.

Someone needs to make a separate thread called "Inland Applications September 2014 Lottery Winners" so it's not constantly rubbed in our faces.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:

They are idiots.

The reason they won't be getting to May, ever, is because they're too occupied processing September 2014.

Someone needs to make a separate thread called "Inland Applications September 2014 Lottery Winners" so it's not constantly rubbed in our faces.
I don't think anybody from Sept is rubbing it in your face when they post their update here, they're just excited and see the inland 2014 thread which is the correct place.

You can be angry at CIC for no longer following submit date for processing, because it is unacceptable, but don't be mad at the people, they've been waiting just like we all did. We have to support each other.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
I don't think anybody from Sept is rubbing it in your face when they post their update here, they're just excited and see the inland 2014 thread which is the correct place.

You can be angry at CIC for no longer following submit date for processing, because it is unacceptable, but don't be mad at the people, they've been waiting just like we all did. We have to support each other.
Trust me, I *am* angry with CIC, not the September applicants.

Since CIC has decided that September applications are special, high priority applications, maybe they should have a special thread too, it might spare some grief.
Keep in mind that I'm half joking, because of how ridiculous CIC is.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:

They are idiots.

Man, with the past postings made, you sure got a lot of anger and resentment built up inside you.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
We still don't have the landing letter. We are waiting for Edmonton office to contact us, but nothing so far.

Do you know why it might be taking so long? Has anybody waited for almost 2 weeks since the DM for the landing letter?
A friend of mine had the DM on the same day as us and she got the landing letter one day afterwards from the Edmonton office.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
GustavesF said:
Trust me, I *am* angry with CIC, not the September applicants.

Since CIC has decided that September applications are special, high priority applications, maybe they should have a special thread too, it might spare some grief.
Keep in mind that I'm half joking, because of how ridiculous CIC is.
I think they are just incompetent and the September pile was the closest one to their hand when they reached out for the next file.

Don't forget many others have gone through this same nonsense, including myself (they started processing February 2014 before finishing 2013 or Jan 2014).

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
endless82 said:

2014/10/21.

your stay in Canada.

and e-mail for me -

Congrats! :) Great news, you are extremely lucky! :) Please keep us posted when you receive the landing letter.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jforbus said:
My girlfriend and I have been dating long-distance for 6 years now, and while we love each other, neither of us can stand the distance any longer. She's in Ontario and I'm in Texas. We want to get married, and I want to move in with her in Canada.

The only thing is, we would have to be able to be together during the processing of my PR application. It seems like the best way to do that is by applying Inland, because I understand that sometimes an application for an Open Work Permit is included to be approved as soon as the sponsor is approved.

Can just anyone get an open work permit? Are there any risks? We want to get married, but for things to work we have to be fairly certain we'll be able to be together during the sometimes EXTREMELY lengthy approval process.

Any info you can provide would be helpful.
I would suggest to read this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.ur93mghur78q

Edit: one more thing to consider is that this OWP is a pilot project and it's not assured that it will continue after December, 2015. So if you want to go this way, better hurry up, get married and apply before December.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
Man, with the past postings made, you sure got a lot of anger and resentment built up inside you.
I'm making up for the rest of Canada who is shockingly complacent with the fact that our government processes are executed by a barrel of hamsters.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
automaton82 said:
I think they are just incompetent and the September pile was the closest one to their hand when they reached out for the next file.

Don't forget many others have gone through this same nonsense, including myself (they started processing February 2014 before finishing 2013 or Jan 2014).
Oh I didn't forget, but recall September is 6 months early, while the February's were a paltry 1 or 2 months early.

My explanation for their processing of September is that in an effort to reduce backlog to 12 months, they are simply going to process whatever applications are 12 months old.
Everyone waiting longer than 12 months gets shafted.

Backlog has been getting progressively worse, right now it's worse than it has ever been (I only have data reaching back to 2011).
They have been stuck in March for 3 months now, and their solution is to process September applications instead.

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
Tonight was a big surprise. Received SA and DM after less than 11 months. Not sure what's going on at CIC.

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Cedeel said:
Tonight was a big surprise. Received SA and DM after less than 11 months. Not sure what's going on at CIC.
Wow!! Congrats. That's indeed a "big" news..