SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
chakrab said:
you need to change in both e-cas profiles. if you have done so, then do call CIC. about medical, one doesn't see it till medical stage is reached. that's after AIP.
Thanks again chakrab. I am going to try change my address on ECAS few more times. if it still doesn't work then I will call the call centre agents.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
So even after the "processing window" the call center is still useless?

I had that suspicion.

Well, I'll be calling the center every day, starting as soon as April shows up on the website. So, sometime in January.
I find the each call centre agent are different.
If your processing time has passed, and still getting no news, then you should definitely call them. They cannot answer you anything as to why it's not been processed, but they can send a message to the processing office regarding your application.

Don't call everyday. If somebody confirms that he/she has sent the memo to the processing office, then there's no point of calling everyday... :)

chilkootcee

Champion Member
Mar 3, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
App. Filed.......
03-Jun-2015
Interview........
None required
LANDED..........
01-Apr-2016
hwanlj said:
If your processing time has passed, and still getting no news, then you should definitely call them. They cannot answer you anything as to why it's not been processed, but they can send a message to the processing office regarding your application.

Don't call everyday. If somebody confirms that he/she has sent the memo to the processing office, then there's no point of calling everyday... :)
You (or the sponsor) can also write a letter to your MP requesting the information that you seek. It's ludicrous that they can get information that you cannot. You should probably send along the forms allowing them to get your personal information (same ones you would send to get CAIPS / GCMS notes) to make it simple for them. It's one of the basic services of the MP office (although sadly it shouldn't have to be)

Note that during this time of election campaign, some MP's are saying they cannot perform all of their functions (which I think is ridiculous!)..but it doesn't hurt to ask.

C.

C.

ckash16

Dec 10, 2014
Have been waiting for 4 months since AIP after submitting medical and a second police clearance and haven't heard from CIC. :(
Really don't understand how CIC staff decide which applications to work on.

Date Application Received according to CIC: Feb 4, 2014
Date AOR Received: May 22, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Approval of the applicant (full AIP): May 7, 2015

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hwanlj said:

See, that's what doesn't sit right with me. What is the point of the call center or the processing time if the call center can only "send a message to the processing office"? That's sort of pathetic. If they are too stupid to know which applications they should be processing first (because they don't know when they arrived, apparently) then you calling the call center should be notifying them that they need to stop processing September 2014, and they need to pick up the overdue application, and actually get to work processing it.

Clearly that's not what happened with you, because they just waited a few more months till they got around to your application.
We all know that AIP takes a day to actually process, literally they just pick up your application, check if you're dead, and you get AIP. So why it took 2 months after you called the center for processing is beyond me.

The MP's offices are useless too, all they do is send in an inquiry, and two months later CIC may or may not get back to you. In fact, I believe that when an MP inquires about an application, they just put that inquiry into the file and they address it whenever they're going to address it. For example, I inquired about my missing AOR back in January, a day or two after my MP's office put in their inquiry about why I wasn't getting AOR. Their boilerplate response was that after 10 to 30 working days I'd get a response. After 4 months had passed I got my AOR (10 months after applying for PR). Two days after that I got a response to my inquiry which stated that "we looked into your file and it seems that you got AOR already so you'll have to wait 17 months till you get through first stage". Two days after that I get a response from my MP's office that CIC has informed them that I got my AOR and processing is proceeding as per standards, and I have to wait 17 months for AIP.

Retrospectively, my MP's office is claiming that the reason I had to wait 10 months is because I was one of the lucky applications chosen not to get AOR (you know, to reduce workload) and it was my MP's inquiry that awarded my AOR. What is rather ridiculous is the fact that the inquiry took 4 months to produce anything. So, what drove what? They finally stumbled across my file in the CIC sand box or petting zoo which prompted them to reply to the contained inquiries with "haha, what are you talking about, you dooooo have AOR" or did the inquiries set them on an arduous 4 month endeavor of carefully composing and sending me an email telling me my application arrived. I can't even imagine the toil and long hours that my AOR required of CIC, I'm sure a few agents were hospitalized.

In your case you started inquiring, and instead of them noting their mistake, it seems they just ignored you and processed your app whenever they got to it. The only difference is that the call center told you they "sent a message" (that apparently gets no response?) instead of simply checking eCas and telling you "standard processing, standard processing, I'm a recording, standard processing".

I'm going to call every day till they're motivated to actually do something.

chilkootcee said:
You (or the sponsor) can also write a letter to your MP requesting the information that you seek. It's ludicrous that they can get information that you cannot. You should probably send along the forms allowing them to get your personal information (same ones you would send to get CAIPS / GCMS notes) to make it simple for them. It's one of the basic services of the MP office (although sadly it shouldn't have to be)

Note that during this time of election campaign, some MP's are saying they cannot perform all of their functions (which I think is ridiculous!)..but it doesn't hurt to ask.
I'm already dealing with the MP, and my perspective (shown above) is that they don't actually get anything better than what I can get. Essentially CIC will just get to it whenever they get to it, and nothing anyone does really alters that. My MP took 4 months to get a response from CIC on one query, and 6 months on another. They either get boilerplate responses or diverting assurances that "everything is fine, this is normal".

I find it quite hilarious that they apparently have no power during elections, that's what my local office told me as well. I suppose that means the government completely shuts down during election time.
What I don't understand is if they actually want votes why refuse to help during this period. Seems a bit stupid.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ckash16 said:
Have been waiting for 4 months since AIP after submitting medical and a second police clearance and haven't heard from CIC. :(
Really don't understand how CIC staff decide which applications to work on.

Date Application Received according to CIC: Feb 4, 2014
Date AOR Received: May 22, 2014
Sponsorship approval: May 7, 2015
Approval of the applicant (full AIP): May 7, 2015
I think when they request information again such as a new Medical and Police check you are put right at the bottom of the pile or put into a secondary pile which gets looked at again months later.

I am guessing they have 1 or 2 agents who then just focus on these files which is why it takes so long because since you already have SA and AIP and have sent in the information they need you basically have DM but they need to finally get to your application to let you know... its a stupid process

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I think when they request information again such as a new Medical and Police check you are put right at the bottom of the pile or put into a secondary pile which gets looked at again months later.

I am guessing they have 1 or 2 agents who then just focus on these files which is why it takes so long because since you already have SA and AIP and have sent in the information they need you basically have DM but they need to finally get to your application to let you know... its a stupid process

This makes sense.. After they requested my marriage certificate in early April, I didn't hear anything until last Friday when they sent DM.

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
Hi Everybody,

I received AIP and SA last August 11,2015 together with the email requesting for my medical, and they're giving me 30 days to submit my medical. I did my medical last August 26 thru Emed. How long will it take to for them to update my ecas? I submit my police clearance together with my application package.
Here's my time line:

Application submitted: September 2, 2014
AOR: December 19,2014
OWP received: May 29, 2015
SA and AIP: August 11,2015 (together with the medical request)

Thanks

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
LAKEWOOD said:
Hi Everybody,

I received AIP and SA last August 11,2015 together with the email requesting for my medical, and they're giving me 30 days to submit my medical. I did my medical last August 26 thru Emed. How long will it take to for them to update my ecas? I submit my police clearance together with my application package.
Here's my time line:

Application submitted: September 2, 2014
AOR: December 19,2014
OWP received: May 29, 2015
SA and AIP: August 11,2015 (together with the medical request)

Thanks
Sometimes the ecas won't be updated at all, you might just receive the DM later this month!
and congrats on the SA/AIP!

And it's crazy, ANOTHER September application!

28january

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
MariMari7 said:
Please share your time line???
January 2014 applicant, AOR June 10, AIP June 19 (additional doc requested) :(

MP told me that they only open your application every 3 months.... But from what I read on here that doesn't sound like its the case... Any thoughts?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
See, that's what doesn't sit right with me. What is the point of the call center or the processing time if the call center can only "send a message to the processing office"? That's sort of pathetic.
The point of the call centre is to have a bunch of low wage people instead of more high wage agents. No offense, but lot of applicant write things like "I just gave my usual morning call to CIC...". As long as people who are sitting at home and have nothing else to do but call CIC on a daily basis only to hear that there is nothing that they can be told, I understand that CIC have this "buffer" before they would waste their real agents time.
That's an other thing, that when you have legitimate basis to ask for their help, they should be able to help you.

GustavesF said:
The MP's offices are useless too, all they do is send in an inquiry, and two months later CIC may or may not get back to you.
MPs are different, ours was great. And the point of an inquire made by the MP is that by the answer I could tell that someone really opened my file and really took a look at it, not like when I'm calling the call centre. The inquires our MP made showed up even on the GCMS notes.

amjad3126

Star Member
May 20, 2014
Hi Every one
Me and my spouse receive email for AIP last week. They now requested medical and security check for my spouse. My question is that how long it will take from now before we receive final decision and set up the interview or landing which ever applicable.

Please guide me in this regard.

Once they issue us the PR card, is that condition for few years or its for the full 05 years span. We have one baby boy too.

alexander_Schwartz

Apr 17, 2014
I have a quick question. I just received AIP via the letter below:

"Dear xxxxxx,

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.

It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent

residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that

a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent

resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks

for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they

are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident

until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

IMPORTANT: Passports for yourself and your family members must be valid for the duration of

your stay in Canada."

In this letter it states that you cannot become a permanent resident until all requirements are met. I only received this letter. there was no attachment asking for more documentation such as a new medical and my e-cas says medicals received. Does that mean that I do not need a new medical or send in anything else? If additional item were needed would it have said in this letter? As far as I am understanding, my medicals are fine and my police certificate was acceptable as their is no separate letter or addendum asking for it. I am just looking for others that have received AIP/DM to confer what I am thinking. thank you!

sweetie83

Mar 10, 2014
Hello, I hope someone here can give me a bit of advice. I applied to sponsor my wife May 1, 2014. Today I received meds request but I have not had SA or AIP emails yet... is this normal? Ecas is still showing "In Process" I want to get excited but I'm not sure if I should yet or not? Thanks in advance :)

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetie83 said:
Hello, I hope someone here can give me a bit of advice. I applied to sponsor my wife May 1, 2014. Today I received meds request but I have not had SA or AIP emails yet... is this normal? Ecas is still showing "In Process" I want to get excited but I'm not sure if I should yet or not? Thanks in advance :)
all we can say is that it has happened before. not sure about normal or not.