Aug,07 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
waiting
Feel not happy even it is long weekend.
I got my DM on July 21st and it said the Calgary office will contact me. But almost 2 weeks already, there is no any email or mail. :(

CAdelight

Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi Guys!

I've been a long time lurker on this thread. Hubby is American and we filed inland Feb 2014.

We finally got a letter requesting his medicals be done a few weeks ago, and another one a couple of days ago saying

"Please be advised that your application has been transferred to a Canada lmmigration Centre in Edmonton for further assessment"

Everything I have searched on file transfers is scary :eek: I hear stuff like: "interview" "24 more months" and "good luck"

I would like to know of any experiences with this type of thing??

I'm not worried about being genuine; 12 years and 2 kids later. All we would have to do is take the whole fam down to the interview office. ;D

I don't have to meet any income requirements...
He doesn't have to meet any medical requirements...

The only thing I can think if is my 17yo step son is not getting PR, and I noted on application that we would get medicals if Mom would co-operate. We had him visit last summer and got them done last August.

I'm at a loss?? Does a file transfer always have to be a bad thing?

CAdelight

Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I finally figured out how to log into my sponsor Ecas. It says Decision Made July 13th. I still haven't received anything from them.

CAdelight

Sep 24, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sniper23 said:
do u mind if i ask how??
I chose application number/case number and entered the case number that was on the letter we got from cic. It starts with F000... then used my name and birth date.

May 7, 2015
Hi!

I just have a question. Is it a problem when the passport that CIC have on their record is different from what I have now and will be bringing during the landing interview? I sent a copy of it to CIC through email a month before I got my DM. But I guess they haven't checked it yet coz from my DM letter they stated there that what they have in their record is my old passport (It's still valid by the way. I just renewed my passport too early.) Although I have talked to a CIC call center agent and he said that it's ok as long as I have my old and my new passport. But I'm just wondering if anybody has experience this.

Thanks!

MONTREALADIE

Jun 23, 2015
Just wanted to say a big THANK YOU to all on this forum. You helped me a lot and made this process easier.
I landed a few weeks back, Montreal office. It look approximately 10 minutes. I'm now a PR. Thanks and God's blessings to all.

Rockstarr

May 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-14
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2014
Received our CSQ on July 27th :D

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
My husband and I applied and our application was received on November 13, 2014.
It says we can check our status online, but I take it that won't be active till they're actually processing the application?
My husband is worried that we'll be refused.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
hollywoodcory said:
My husband and I applied and our application was received on November 13, 2014.
It says we can check our status online, but I take it that won't be active till they're actually processing the application?
My husband is worried that we'll be refused.

Why do you think you might be refused? Give us some background imformation. There are lots of people on this forum who can give you advice. Are there any red flags? The only reason you could be refused is if the sponsor is receiving welfare, if the applicant has a criminal record, or does not pass the medical. If CIC has doubts about your relationship being genuine they would request more proof and/or interview you. They can't just refuse you for no reason.

kma

Star Member
Aug 3, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-04-2014
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Hello Montreal applicants,

How long it took to get the landing appointment email after DM? I received the DM on June 23, but I haven't received any landing appointment from Montreal office yet? I saw other land offices do this within a month or less. Thank you.

akikan

Star Member
Jul 15, 2015
kma said:
Hello Montreal applicants,

How long it took to get the landing appointment email after DM? I received the DM on June 23, but I haven't received any landing appointment from Montreal office yet? I saw other land offices do this within a month or less. Thank you.
Same here, i am waiting for the interview letter, got DM on 7th July ( Feb 19 applicant)