App. Filed.......
April, 2014
AOR Received.
August, 2014
Interview........
2015-07-14
LANDED..........
2015-07-14
For sponsored people who live in Quebec and received AIP!

AIP - a letter from CIC saying that you meet the requirements and are eligible to apply for permanent residency.

Medical insurance

You can call RAMQ hot line, the waiting time might be long but eventually they will pick up (phone numbers are here: http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/contact-us/citizens/Pages/contact-us.aspx), explain your situation and they will send you necessary forms to fill out (by snail mail). Probably you can also get them at their office, but I didn't do that.

With these forms, your passport, visa record (I was told it wasn't necessary), CSQ - go to the RAMQ office and complete your application for health insurance card. They will take your photo in the office. This card will be temporary and will start working in three months since the date you got your AIP (I got mine on June, 25, so my coverage starts on the first of September). This temporary coverage will last for a year or till your visa expires. My visitor visa expires in July this year, so a kind lady at RAMQ said she wouldn't attach my visa to the file, since it was not necessary, and therefore I would be covered for a year. You will receive your health insurance card by snail mail.

After you get your permanent resident status, bring the letter that you'll receive at the landing interview to RAMQ, and they will make your coverage permanent. They don't take the original of your CSQ, they make a copy (but you must bring original with you). If, like me, you can't prove address where you live (I don't receive any bills and my name is not on the lease), you must take your sponsor with you, if you live together, and he/she will make a sworn statement there and sign it (the form is available online on RAMQ web site here: http://www.ramq.gouv.qc.ca/en/citizens/Pages/online-services-forms.aspx Use the one that says "used as a proof of residence"). They didn't ask for a copy of the lease, only for sponsor's ID.

You can also take all the papers and go to CLSC instead of RAMQ office and apply there. But you have to bring your photos with you. I didn't go there because I wasn't sure if they would take the original of my CSQ (I need to keep it with me for now because my landing interview is in a few days). Even if they do take any original papers, they will return them by snail mail. Also I'm not sure if they can verify the sworn statement my sponsor made about my address.

French courses
With your CSQ, visa record and AIP letter you can apply for French courses here:
http://www.immigration-quebec.gouv.qc.ca/en/electronic-services/dacf-electronic/index.html
Don't have to wait for the resident status. When filling out the initial application, choose a box that says that you are a person authorized to apply on-site for permanent residency.

Hope it helps! I've been looking for this information online, but hardly anyone seemed to know the details about Quebec. If you have any questions, please send me a message!

Good luck everyone!

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
anng said:
yes it is. I read your older posts that you wernt issued an OWP because your days out of status when you applied but how come there are other applicants who were issued OWP but they are out of status? CIC is inconsistent.
Yeah I haven't really seen anyone granted the OWP on the pilot that were out of status I would love to speak to any of them and hear what they did. It's really difficult without it - our lives are literally on pause.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Bonnella said:
Yeah I haven't really seen anyone granted the OWP on the pilot that were out of status I would love to speak to any of them and hear what they did. It's really difficult without it - our lives are literally on pause.
Yes bonnella there are in the Facebook group.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
dee365 said:
What is the Facebook group? How do I find the Facebook group?
The name of the group is Canada Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Bonnella said:
Yeah I haven't really seen anyone granted the OWP on the pilot that were out of status I would love to speak to any of them and hear what they did. It's really difficult without it - our lives are literally on pause. ??
The only way that a perosn that was out of status can receive an OWP is AFTER they have received AIP. If someone was lucky enough to get theirs before AIP, it was simply a mistake that CIC made...which was certainly good for them!

Bonnella

Jan 27, 2015
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27 May 2014
AOR Received.
8 August 2014
Med's Done....
With Application
Ponga said:
The only way that a perosn that was out of status can receive an OWP is AFTER they have received AIP. If someone was lucky enough to get theirs before AIP, it was simply a mistake that CIC made...which was certainly good for them!
Yeah guess it's the "luck of the draw" but there are a few n the Facebook group who have received before AIP and they were out of status at time of initial application. It's truly frustrating that the systems within CIC are so crappy. Many "mistakes"... It's a broken system...

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
CIC website states that they are working applications received on March 10th, 2014.
It doesn't mean much though, since there are still people from 2012 (!) without a DM, and obviously 2013 isn't completed either.

fupsik

Apr 30, 2014
Montreal
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2014
AOR Received.
August, 2014
Interview........
2015-07-14
LANDED..........
2015-07-14
So starting today, I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada!

Here is how it went:
We arrived a bit too early, 7-40, and waited outside of the building till 8. We presented our invitation letter to the security guy and entered. On the second floor we showed the letter once again, the security/receptionist guy took it from us and told us to sit down and wait in the hall. In 10 minutes or so we were invited by a nice lady and followed her inside of the CIC open work space, to her desk. She took all the papers from me: passport - old one with my initial entry stamp and a current one, CSQ, photos, visitor visa record (she asked for all the records that I had and never gave them back to me - she said they should be destroyed), receipt for $490. She never asked for any other papers or proofs. Here are the questions that she asked:
1. Are me and my sponsor still together
2. My current address
3. She asked my sponsor if he still wants to sponsor me for the next three years
4. If I ever committed any crimes
5. If I have dependent children outside of Canada
6. She asked my sponsor and me about our jobs, not sure why she asked me (she asked if I was in HR), because she knew I couldn't work yet.

She didn't ask anything else at all. Actually, she had quite a lot of information about me prepared: my height, my eye color, my first entry, my profession, etc.!

Then she left for about 10 minutes to prepare a confirmation of permanent residence paper (the one she prepared for our interview contained my old passport number, and though I sent a new passport to CIC, she didn't get it). My husband supposed we could be filmed and watched during this time and got angry with me for a joke I've made (about our possible fraud, which we are not))). But anyway, she returned with 2 copies of the paper, I signed both and got one of them. She said to keep it safe because I will need it through out my life, even when I apply for pension... She congratulated me many times, told us about citizenship, SIN, medical insurance and answered the questions we had. She said that it will take about 3 months for my resident card to arrive in the mail, because they have a lot of requests right now. She also said that the laws for citizenship changed recently and they only count years now starting from the date when you become a resident... She was pretty warm and welcoming!

She also said I could travel now, even without my PR card, just to get back to Canada I have to go to Canadian embassy and they will stamp my passport with visa in an hour or so.

This is Montreal office. No dress code needed, come in slippers and jeans! Everything took us about 30 min.

I wish everyone good luck!!!!!

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
fupsik said:
So starting today, I'm a Permanent Resident of Canada!

Here is how it went:
We arrived a bit too early, 7-40, and waited outside of the building till 8. We presented our invitation letter to the security guy and entered. On the second floor we showed the letter once again, the security/receptionist guy took it from us and told us to sit down and wait in the hall. In 10 minutes or so we were invited by a nice lady and followed her inside of the CIC open work space, to her desk. She took all the papers from me: passport - old one with my initial entry stamp and a current one, CSQ, photos, visitor visa record (she asked for all the records that I had and never gave them back to me - she said they should be destroyed), receipt for $490. She never asked for any other papers or proofs. Here are the questions that she asked:
1. Are me and my sponsor still together
2. My current address
3. She asked my sponsor if he still wants to sponsor me for the next three years
4. If I ever committed any crimes
5. If I have dependent children outside of Canada
6. She asked my sponsor and me about our jobs, not sure why she asked me (she asked if I was in HR), because she knew I couldn't work yet.

She didn't ask anything else at all. Actually, she had quite a lot of information about me prepared: my height, my eye color, my first entry, my profession, etc.!

Then she left for about 10 minutes to prepare a confirmation of permanent residence paper (the one she prepared for our interview contained my old passport number, and though I sent a new passport to CIC, she didn't get it). My husband supposed we could be filmed and watched during this time and got angry with me for a joke I've made (about our possible fraud, which we are not))). But anyway, she returned with 2 copies of the paper, I signed both and got one of them. She said to keep it safe because I will need it through out my life, even when I apply for pension... She congratulated me many times, told us about citizenship, SIN, medical insurance and answered the questions we had. She said that it will take about 3 months for my resident card to arrive in the mail, because they have a lot of requests right now. She also said that the laws for citizenship changed recently and they only count years now starting from the date when you become a resident... She was pretty warm and welcoming!

She also said I could travel now, even without my PR card, just to get back to Canada I have to go to Canadian embassy and they will stamp my passport with visa in an hour or so.

This is Montreal office. No dress code needed, come in slippers and jeans! Everything took us about 30 min.

I wish everyone good luck!!!!!
Congratulations and thanks for sharing your experience

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Hello,

is there any requirement for a person who was on a study permit, then finished the courses and received the OWP, to change the status from student to worker?