+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Jul 19, 2015
hey there
I sponsored my wife on jan 2014 i recieved odsp on feb 2014 i was denied sponsorship because of the 1 month dfference I Mailed CIC and told them actually i was disabled from 2011 as stated on my disability tax credit. While on social assistance it was reason of disability while waiting to apply for ODSp my doc has been signing limited participation medical form which stated my disability although not on ODSP officially . CIC called ODSP and they said it backdates to FEB when i applied on odsp, the sponsorship application was in JAN so that one month difference and they denied me. I find it unreasonable they have done this especially if the CRA Disability tax credit dates back too 2011. THey are causing me alot of pain. So i guess i have to re apply? i went to another lawyer he wanted 5000 to appeal. That isn't fair since I am disabled Why do i have to pay 5000 for a 1 month difference . So i guess i have to apply again? or would a letter from an MP help me?

thanks your help.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
jamique said:
There are a lot of applicants on the spreadsheet who have received SA, AIP & DM. It seems that the spreadsheet isn't being updated as regularly. There are person's from Jan, Feb, Mar & April, who's data hasn't been recorded (From the FB group). For example almost all April (to the 25th) from the spreadsheet have either received requests for docs or AIP's, with the exception of you and 1 other person. I would say roughly 65% of the spreadsheet from Jan to Feb has received some form of correspondence from CIC.
Small consolation. Almost all of April has gotten correspondence, except for 3 of us.
Almost none of March has had any correspondence, and a bit more than half of February and January have correspondence?

Perhaps I sent mine in too early in April, and as a result I'm at the bottom of a pile, so I'll be waiting an extra month or two depending on how lazy CIC is.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Good news , just received DM. Email states application for my PR has been completed and will be contacted by Etobicoke office!!! Anyone know how long till Eticoke will contact me?
Good to all.

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
Feb 3 2014 still nothing

Olasam

Star Member
Aug 28, 2012
GustavesF said:
Small consolation. Almost all of April has gotten correspondence, except for 3 of us.
Almost none of March has had any correspondence, and a bit more than half of February and January have correspondence?

Perhaps I sent mine in too early in April, and as a result I'm at the bottom of a pile, so I'll be waiting an extra month or two depending on how lazy CIC is.
I'm April 2014 too, nothing yet, only AOR

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Stay strong fellow April and pre-April'ers.

Stay vocal as well. No one of importance will take anything seriously unless people complain a lot.

It's absolutely ridiculous that there are still January, February, and 2013's for that matter still waiting.
CIC's "pile-based" system has to go.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I know the caretakers of the spreadsheet is busy, but it would be nice to see "started processing" date added. I think that's what decides when a person's file is processed, rather than just received date.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
chakrab said:
I know the caretakers of the spreadsheet is busy, but it would be nice to see "started processing" date added. I think that's what decides when a person's file is processed, rather than just received date.
The times are based on the "Application Received" date.

"Started Processing" is the meaningless random time CIC arbitrarily appends to your account when they add it to ECAS.
In my case, January 2015.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
The times are based on the "Application Received" date.

"Started Processing" is the meaningless random time CIC arbitrarily appends to your account when they add it to ECAS.
In my case, January 2015.
It's not arbitrary. the processing queue seems to be based on when the name was entered in the database. hence why we see april getting processed even though ppl from january are waiting. going by spreadsheet, people who confirmed that they could enter e-cas first are also the one who are getting processed first.

application receive time comes into effect when the CIC declared processing time shows up on the site and then applicants call CIC. then CIC flags those applications for agents to see and process.

tica1008

Star Member
Jun 10, 2012
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-18-2014
AOR Received.
08-07-2014
Med's Done....
June 2015 got them redone Police Certificate: Sent with application OWP: Sent with application
Interview........
30-09-2015
LANDED..........
30-09-2015
chakrab said:
It's not arbitrary. the processing queue seems to be based on when the name was entered in the database. hence why we see april getting processed even though ppl from january are waiting. going by spreadsheet, people who confirmed that they could enter e-cas first are also the one who are getting processed first.

application receive time comes into effect when the CIC declared processing time shows up on the site and then applicants call CIC. then CIC flags those applications for agents to see and process.
I find it very insignificant. Mine says started processing in oft of 2014. They received it March 18 2014. And there has been no movement in my file. I truly believe is just a random date.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
For some there is no "started processing" at all. For me, it appeared only after I received AIP. So I'm with the others, I don't see a point adding it, as it doesn't mean anything and would just confuse others.

And in my own defense, I add everything to the spreadsheet that the members share in the threads or disclose me in email or PM. The reason the spreadsheet is not up to date is that many members don't share their progress.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
For some there is no "started processing" at all. For me, it appeared only after I received AIP. So I'm with the others, I don't see a point adding it, as it doesn't mean anything and would just confuse others.

And in my own defense, I add everything to the spreadsheet that the members share in the threads or disclose me in email or PM. The reason the spreadsheet is not up to date is that many members don't share their progress.
oh please, you are doing a great amazing job. full kudos to you. 8)

am just trying to find a pattern to the progress :D i see a lot of applicants getting AOR around august 6-8, 2014. hard to tell who got into the queue first. as an analyst, one always wants more data :p

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
oh please, you are doing a great amazing job. full kudos to you. 8)

am just trying to find a pattern to the progress :D i see a lot of applicants getting AOR around august 6-8, 2014. hard to tell who got into the queue first. as an analyst, one always wants more data :p
More data won't help if it's irrelevant. But I totally understand you, I find it outrageous that CIC process 3 months at the same time, and you have to have a "lucky date" in order to be processed before others who sent their package after you. But I'm afraid there is no logic behind it (because if there was, it would the date they received the package), my guess is that they assign different dates for different people, so a wider timeline will be processed at the same time, and the processing time depends on the officer. But that's just a guess...