12-04-2014
Doc's Request.
14-07-2015
AOR Received.
07-08-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2014
Hi friends,
Received open work permit from Pilot Program this morning, application sent out on January 30, 2015.
Good luck to everyone playing this waiting game.....at least it's summer ;).Dobranoc

gem101

May 11, 2015
@Maciej

Please can you guide me on my OWP
I submitted my application without my OWP, But I would like
to submit my OWP this week. What do I need to submit with
my OWP application. please this question is for everyone Thank you all
:D.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
mary63 said:
do you guys know that for the right of permanent residence fee ($490), is it ok to just show them a receipt that we paid 1040 in total? i dont think we have a separate receipt for the $490
anyone can help please?
and the photographs are just for the applicant not the sponsor right?
landing will be june 2nd!

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
mary63 said:
anyone can help please?
and the photographs are just for the applicant not the sponsor right?
landing will be june 2nd!
Hi Mary63,

The picture is only for principal applicant, that to be used in your PR card, make sure you like your photo! Congratulations!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
gem101 said:
@ Maciej

Please can you guide me on my OWP
I submitted my application without my OWP, But I would like
to submit my OWP this week. What do I need to submit with
my OWP application. please this question is for everyone Thank you all
:D.
Read the FAQ from my signature.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Carlaganda23 said:
Hi Mary63,

The picture is only for principal applicant, that to be used in your PR card, make sure you like your photo! Congratulations!!!
thanks! i hope you will land soon

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
mary63 said:
thanks! i hope you will land soon
Hi mary63,

I'm patiently waiting from CIC Halifax to give me the landing appointment, it seems it takes them 5-7 days to contact the applicant based on some applicants experience in here. I should expect to hear from this week, if not I have to call the Call Centre to remind CIC Halifax about my landing appointment. On the other note, I just had an interview for a nursing job and it went well. I should be back to work in a couple of weeks, and moved in into our newly renovated waterfront cottage! There a many exciting stuff going on! I do believe in the saying " when it rains, it pours" Goodluck in your landing appointment...

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
ottawahd said:
Good evening,

We also got SA, AIP today. Feb 20, 2014 application. We also were requested medical. Pissed too that it expired solely due to their own incompetency. That's life, I guess.

One more thing is we are leaving for a 24-day vacation on Thursday and managed to get a medical exam appointment for 6 hours before our flight.
Anyone knows how long it takes to get DM after re-med?
The average is 30-90 days. Does your medical request have a date by which it must be completed? I think the officer looks at your file again on the deadline date they provide. For example, I received a medical and proof of cohabitation request on March 25 and the letter said I should provide the information by April 24. On April 24 is when I heard back from CIC.

BossmanRoss

Sep 30, 2013
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I finally received SA but we still haven't heard anything about my wifes AIP. We received the SA via my email account and in the letter it states they would contact the PR applicant with a decision very shortly. Everyone seems to get both SA and AIP at the same time so I am wondering why there is a hold up on ours? I noticed that a few people in the forum got SA one day and then AIP the next morning but has anyone ever had a longer delay than that?

We have only ever used my email account to communicate with the CIC so wouldn't both my SA and her AIP be sent to that email? Online the only change it shows is that her medicals have been received.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BossmanRoss said:
Good Afternoon Everyone,

Yesterday afternoon I finally received SA but we still haven't heard anything about my wifes AIP. We received the SA via my email account and in the letter it states they would contact the PR applicant with a decision very shortly. Everyone seems to get both SA and AIP at the same time so I am wondering why there is a hold up on ours? I noticed that a few people in the forum got SA one day and then AIP the next morning but has anyone ever had a longer delay than that?

We have only ever used my email account to communicate with the CIC so wouldn't both my SA and her AIP be sent to that email? Online the only change it shows is that her medicals have been received.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Some people receive AIP a few days later, while some receive AIP a few weeks later...and then there are those that receive a letter requesting more information and/or documentation, but do not receive AIP.

Then...there are those that just get a DM letter without ever receiving AIP at all.

Things at CIC seem to be...a bit different...for reasons unknown.

Congratulations on your SA!

BossmanRoss

Sep 30, 2013
Ponga said:
Some people receive AIP a few days later, while some receive AIP a few weeks later...and then there are those that receive a letter requesting more information and/or documentation, but do not receive AIP.

Then...there are those that just get a DM letter without ever receiving AIP at all.

Thanks a lot we are extremely excited this long process is coming to an end and we can get on with our lives! I have listed our timeline below should you want to add it to the spreadsheet.

Category........: FAM
Visa Office......: Mississauga
App. Filed.......: 30-01-2014
AOR Received.: 15-05-2014
SA Approval: 26-05-15 (Officer TD)

Also we did the meds and background check up front.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MissFrowz said:
The average is 30-90 days. Does your medical request have a date by which it must be completed? I think the officer looks at your file again on the deadline date they provide. For example, I received a medical and proof of cohabitation request on March 25 and the letter said I should provide the information by April 24. On April 24 is when I heard back from CIC.
Thanks a lot! Yes, we got one month for the medical test (June 25).

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:

What's really ridiculous is that no one knows if they're someone who is taking eternity to process, or if they're someone who just isn't getting a particular letter due to CIC being a circus.

I think I hold the record for longest time for AOR that actually ended up arriving with no issues.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
What's really ridiculous is that no one knows if they're someone who is taking eternity to process, or if they're someone who just isn't getting a particular letter due to CIC being a circus.

I think I hold the record for longest time for AOR that actually ended up arriving with no issues.
Hey GustavesF, have you heard anything from CIC after your AOR?

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
hwanlj said:
Hey GustavesF, have you heard anything from CIC after your AOR?
That depends on the definition of "heard from CIC".

I've called the call center a few times and their useless response is "blah blah 17 months blah blah" every single time.
My MP's office was trying to contact CIC during their multiple vacations last year since September, and the only response we've ever gotten back is "blah blah standard processing times blah blah".
My ECAS was finally made available a few weeks after getting AOR. Maybe 320-ish day after they received my application.

Back in January, at my MP's request, I emailed the minister's office to inquire about my application and I got the boilerplate response "it will take between 10 and 30 working days till we email you back".
4 months later I got an email explaining that my application was received in April 2014, and blah blah blah standard processing times, blah blah 17 months.

So yes, I suppose I have heard from CIC since my AOR. Keeping in mind that my AOR took 299 days to show up, that's not so bad.