+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
So yes, I suppose I have heard from CIC since my AOR. Keeping in mind that my AOR took 299 days to show up, that's not so bad.
I guess in their [crossed] eyes, they figure waiting 299 days for your AOR is no big deal, since it still shows the day that CIC received your application...which is probably 297 days before it showed up.

They are quite adamant about there being `nothing to see' for an Inland applicant before the sponsor is approved/denied, which takes blah blah blah 16 months anyway.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
That depends on the definition of "heard from CIC".

I've called the call center a few times and their useless response is "blah blah 17 months blah blah" every single time.
My MP's office was trying to contact CIC during their multiple vacations last year since September, and the only response we've ever gotten back is "blah blah standard processing times blah blah".
My ECAS was finally made available a few weeks after getting AOR. Maybe 320-ish day after they received my application.

Back in January, at my MP's request, I emailed the minister's office to inquire about my application and I got the boilerplate response "it will take between 10 and 30 working days till we email you back".
4 months later I got an email explaining that my application was received in April 2014, and blah blah blah standard processing times, blah blah 17 months.

So yes, I suppose I have heard from CIC since my AOR. Keeping in mind that my AOR took 299 days to show up, that's not so bad.

I thought I was reading story of my life...lol
so frustrating that nothing is transparent, or logical..

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
I guess in their [crossed] eyes, they figure waiting 299 days for your AOR is no big deal, since it still shows the day that CIC received your application...which is probably 297 days before it showed up.

They are quite adamant about there being `nothing to see' for an Inland applicant before the sponsor is approved/denied, which takes blah blah blah 16 months anyway.
It's ridiculous. Clearly there is a lot more going on than meets the eye. How does an application package ever get returned if that wasn't the case?

I would be shocked if the whole sponsorship approval process legitimately takes more than an hour:
Sponsor has sponsored someone recently? No
Sponsor paid income tax last year? Yes
Sponsor is not dead? No
Sponsor approved.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:
It's ridiculous. Clearly there is a lot more going on than meets the eye. How does an application package ever get returned if that wasn't the case?

I would be shocked if the whole sponsorship approval process legitimately takes more than an hour:
Sponsor has sponsored someone recently? No
Sponsor paid income tax last year? Yes
Sponsor is not dead? No
Sponsor approved.
But clearly, in order to receive SA (I'm not even sure that this is sponsorship approval) CIC needs to be satisfied with the relationship as well. Usually relationship- or sometimes applicant-related questions trigger an interview, still, in the huge majority of the cases CIC request the interview BEFORE giving even SA.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Updated graphs:

Graph showing that we have finally eliminated the backlog created in 2015, and are back in line with the processing times reported December 2014:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/gpooj/2015-05-28%2011_31_31_zpsl9mdd45t.png

Still sad that we haven't eliminated any of the 2014 backlog yet, which is still pretty pathetic, they have a lot of catching up to do.

Graph showing the expected processing date of a person applying April 1, 2014:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a307/gpooj/2015-05-28%2011_31_20_zps3tyow8pf.png

There are 3 trend lines now:
Linear fit over progress of the last full year, giving an expected AIP time somewhere around June 25, 2016.
Exponential fit over the last full year, showing steadily decreasing efficiency, giving an expected AIP time somewhere around September 8, 2015.
1:1 line, if CIC wasn't a circus, and they processed at the same rate time passes we would see this trend. This trend line intersects with reported data around December 2014, which means we're currently back in line with the expected processing time reported December 2014, instead of the disaster that ensued over the following months.

The 1:1 line shows an expected AIP time somewhere around August 1, 2015.

I'm going to simply shift the 1:1 line around with the website updates. So, if we get a notification that "February 15, 2014 is finally being processed at long last" I'll shift that line to intersect with that date.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
But clearly, in order to receive SA (I'm not even sure that this is sponsorship approval) CIC needs to be satisfied with the relationship as well. Usually relationship- or sometimes applicant-related questions trigger an interview, still, in the huge majority of the cases CIC request the interview BEFORE giving even SA.
Technically, that's not correct. The relationship with the sponsor is assessed sometime after SA and before AIP for an Inland applicant.

This is why some people get SA, but the applicant receives a request from CIC for more proof of the relationship with their sponsor, instead of the AIP letter.

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
Hi to all,
I received my landing interview appointment letter yesterday, one week of getting DM. It will take place in Niagara Falls Office next week. Surprisingly, it coincided with the birth of my baby girl 5 days ago. I was told that I have to advise CIC about the birth before theD interview. Do you by any chance have a contact info, like a fax number or email address? Thanks.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
I'm disappointed with all aspects of this.

Even if they "investigate" a relationship before giving SA, it would appear that CIC takes very little time to do any of this.
They go through 10 points, half of which target Chinese-Canadians, they look at the submitted pictures and that's it. Still, only a few minutes.

In reality the first stage is cleared without almost any effort on CIC's part. Almost nothing they do actually takes time, the wait is merely for staging.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:

Even if they "investigate" a relationship before giving SA, it would appear that CIC takes very little time to do any of this.
They go through 10 points, half of which target Chinese-Canadians, they look at the submitted pictures and that's it. Still, only a few minutes.

In reality the first stage is cleared without almost any effort on CIC's part. Almost nothing they do actually takes time, the wait is merely for staging.
But they DO NOT investigate the relationship before approving the sponsor. This is clearly detailed in ip8 on the processing flowchart on page 44.

All that is needed for SA is:

Verification that the sponsorship application is complete (which receiving AOR would confirm).

Sponsor satisfies R130 requirements.

Sponsor satisfies R133 requirements.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
But they DO NOT investigate the relationship before approving the sponsor. This is clearly detailed in ip8 on the processing flowchart on page 44.

Verification that the sponsorship application is complete (which receiving AOR would confirm).

That's what's odd about this. People typically receive AOR around the 2 month mark.

R130 is proof of age and residency status, passport, birth certificate, etc.
R133 is: Not bankrupt, has income, not in jail, not a sex offender, not on social assistance. These all seem like things CIC should have access to.

The backlog is likely due to the quota they are not allowed to exceed per month.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:

It should work like this, but the timing of the interviews suggests differently. I don't know...

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
GustavesF said:

That manual was from 2007, and it was clearly just a part of a longer document. And don't forget, some people send like 100 pages of chat logs, and who knows what, and the officer should read everything. I recall to read someone's post that their GCMS notes showed that the officer decided to shred some of the proof they sent, because they cannot not read, only if they destroy it, and that officer clearly didn't want to spend a week reading everyday chatting through 500 pages.

I'm not saying, that everyone is sending insane amount of proof, and I agree with you, in most cases it shouldn't take longer than a couple hours. And we pay ~$1000 for that. And I wouldn't mind paying the double amount if they could guarantee to process every file (without serious concern) in ~5-6 months.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
I'm not saying, that everyone is sending insane amount of proof, and I agree with you, in most cases it shouldn't take longer than a couple hours. And we pay ~$1000 for that. And I wouldn't mind paying the double amount if they could guarantee to process every file (without serious concern) in ~5-6 months.
I am sure everyone would love this.

I'd love to pay double to escape the circus. Heck, I'd pay double *right now*, even after waiting 14 months, just to get me to the end of stage 1.

Honestly if the problem is seriously that they don't have the resources to do this all, it'd be easily solved by upping the fees.

Clearly this is an issue of there being a hard limit to the number of acceptances per month. Well, either that or just general incompetency.

Actually scratch all that, I'm pretty sure it's all about them being generally bad at what they do.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
I just received my landing appointment today, I will land in CIC Halifax in June 12th... I'm almost over with this process, Goodluck to those who are still waiting :)

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Carlaganda23 said:
I just received my landing appointment today, I will land in CIC Halifax in June 12th... I'm almost over with this process, Goodluck to those who are still waiting :)
congrats!