+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hwanlj said:
Hi guys, it's been a while I post something again here..

I am a Jan 2014 applicant, and this morning I received an email from CPC-M. They are asking me to submit my marriage certificate which is really odd because I am 200% sure that we had submitted with our PR- we checked at least 10 times before we sent in our PR app and we received AOR in Apr 2014.

In a way I am glad that somebody finally opened and took a loot at my app..
I shared this on FB group already, but I thought I would do it here too..
Hi,

Are you sure you have sent the long form marriage certificate? The short form given to you at the marriage ceremony (at least in Ontario) is not a marriage certificate.

And yes, it is a good news they are looking at Jan applications. Ours is February. Fingers crossed!

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
ottawahd said:
Hi,

Are you sure you have sent the long form marriage certificate? The short form given to you at the marriage ceremony (at least in Ontario) is not a marriage certificate.

And yes, it is a good news they are looking at Jan applications. Ours is February. Fingers crossed!
O My God..

Thanks for letting me know... so you mean the one with clergy registration number, witness signs and banns no. is not the official one?..

I just ordered it on Service Canada's webpage.. It's going to come to our address next week..

Thanks for letting me know..
Wow.. I never knew this was not the certificate.. because on top of it says Marriage Certificate..

Thank you so much.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
At our wedding day we got some unofficial paper from the marriage commissioner, and we got the "large" marriage certificate approx. one month later via snail mail. It looks like this (in BC) :
http://www.vs.gov.bc.ca/images/bigmar.gif
I think everyone receive this and this is the right form to send. There is a more detailed "Genealogy Certificate", but CIC doesn't ask for it. However, it happened more than once that CIC asked for something they already had.
Anyway, it's a good sign that they started to look into the January applications.

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
sophieee said:
At our wedding day we got some unofficial paper from the marriage commissioner, and we got the "large" marriage certificate approx. one month later via snail mail. It looks like this (in BC) :
I think everyone receive this and this is the right form to send. There is a more detailed "Genealogy Certificate", but CIC doesn't ask for it. However, it happened more than once that CIC asked for something they already had.
Anyway, it's a good sign that they started to look into the January applications.
Never knew this exists.. lol

By the way, my owp was approved and it's on the way to our home address. For the first time I heard something positive from CIC call centre..

They received my owp app on Dec 24, 2014 fyi..

yuyu1988

Apr 16, 2015
Hi guys,
Cic received my inland common law sponsorship in sep 2014, but I can not check status on cic website. Does anybody have idea? Thanks a lot

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
In Ontario, you do not automatically receive the long form. You need to pay $22 for it and you can apply only after more than 4 months after your marriage ceremony.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ottawahd said:
In Ontario, you do not automatically receive the long form. You need to pay $22 for it and you can apply only after more than 4 months after your marriage ceremony.
Thanks for the info, I didn't know that.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
i talked to a cic agent yesterday and was told that my work permit was approved and mailed to me yesterday. work permit application was submitted separately, received by cic dec 29 2014. hopefully it will come in a week.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Good morning all, devastating news this morning...called CIC to inquire about the status of my husbands OWP (after being told that they couldn't give us any information until today - 4 months from submission). We were told that the OWP application was being returned to us because the form we used (printed on December 19th, received by CIC on December 22nd 2014) was out of date. Is this possible?

1) Did they change the form between December 19th and 22nd 2014?
2) If so, what form are we supposed to use because the one available online looks exactly the same as the one we submitted.
3) Should we now include the additional $100 that they are now charging?
4) Is there any benefit to applying online rather than physically mailing the new (re-submitted) application to Vegreville?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
TeamDandC said:
Good morning all, devastating news this morning...called CIC to inquire about the status of my husbands OWP (after being told that they couldn't give us any information until today - 4 months from submission). We were told that the OWP application was being returned to us because the form we used (printed on December 19th, received by CIC on December 22nd 2014) was out of date. Is this possible?

1) Did they change the form between December 19th and 22nd 2014?
2) If so, what form are we supposed to use because the one available online looks exactly the same as the one we submitted.
3) Should we now include the additional $100 that they are now charging?
4) Is there any benefit to applying online rather than physically mailing the new (re-submitted) application to Vegreville?
I'm sorry that this is happening to you. According their website the IMM5556 has changed in February and the IMM5710 in March, unfortunately I don't know if anything changed in December. Your only chance is to contact your MP and ask them to deal with CIC. There is a chance that there was no update at all in December and they asking for the new forms from February and March. If that's the case, then there is a slight chance that your MP might be able to do something. If there was an update in December, I'm afraid there is nothing they could do (even if it's happened on Dec 22). Give it a try!

If you have to apply again, you need to follow CIC's instructions. You can't apply online, only through paper, you need to send your papers they dedicated to the pilot program. And you have to pay the extra fee, as everything needs to be up to date in your new application.

TeamDandC

Dec 20, 2014
Thanks Sophie,

I'm not at home right now but when I get home I'll double check the date on the IMM5710 application, but I can't remember seeing any update that occurred in December...only the one in March. My MP is kind of useless so I think it might be faster to just resubmit or...basically start from scratch again (with respect to the work permit). At least they didn't return the PR application...yet.

I wasn't sure about submitting the OWP online but the call center agent this morning told me I could. Is he wrong??