Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-07-14
AOR Received.
08-06-2015
Med's Done....
01-06-2014
apiafika said:
CIC received my SPA on the 23rd of April last year.
I was curious to know if anyone who applied after June of last year got the request already ::)

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
sniper23 said:
Any 2014 receiving aproval yet
there was one june 2014 who has received it from FB.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
Since you included the OWP WITH the Inland application (same envelope), and both were received by CIC prior to your visitor record expiring...you don't need to do anything.

You are covered by `Implied Status', which will last throughout the PR process. You cannot work, obviously, until you receive your OWP.

If you choose to leave Canada, your implied status would end.

Don't send anything unless you are asked to do so by CIC. However, if your passport has expired, you will want to contact them ASAP to find out how to best provide them with a copy of the new one.
My understanding was that the reason that applying for OWP gave you implied status only if you applied with the PR is because you were not eligible for an OWP before you get AIP. But now, basically you are eligible to apply as soon as you sent your PR app. And since you apply for something that you are eligible for right away, I would think that you will have implied status even if you send them separately.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
My understanding was that the reason that applying for OWP gave you implied status only if you applied with the PR is because you were not eligible for an OWP before you get AIP. But now, basically you are eligible to apply as soon as you sent your PR app. And since you apply for something that you are eligible for right away, I would think that you will have implied status even if you send them separately.
The way that I understand it, is by including an OWP at the same time as an Inland application, it gives the person implied status, provided they still have legal status when both are received by CIC. An Inland applicant is not eligible for the OWP prior to AIP, so the implied status simply keeps them in a legal status, per se, in case their visitor visa, WP or Study Permit expires before they get their PR. In many cases the implied status does NOT allow the person to continue to work.

It is now the pilot program OWP that enables an Inland PR applicant to receive one prior to AIP, as long as they have maintained their legal status. The person must have legal status when the pilot OWP is received by CIC for it to be processed. If they do not, they must wait for AIP before their OWP would be processed.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
The way that I understand it, is by including an OWP at the same time as an Inland application, it gives the person implied status, provided they still have legal status when both are received by CIC. An Inland applicant is not eligible for the OWP prior to AIP, so the implied status simply keeps them in a legal status, per se, in case their visitor visa, WP or Study Permit expires before they get their PR. In many cases the implied status does NOT allow the person to continue to work.

It is now the pilot program OWP that enables an Inland PR applicant to receive one prior to AIP, as long as they have maintained their legal status. The person must have legal status when the pilot OWP is received by CIC for it to be processed. If they do not, they must wait for AIP before their OWP would be processed.
But let's say, if someone has valid, legal status till May, and she sends the PR app in January, then sends the OWP app separately in March, with the new pilot program, I think she will have implied status after May, even if she didn't send the OWP with the PR.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
But let's say, if someone has valid, legal status till May, and she sends the PR app in January, then sends the OWP app separately in March, with the new pilot program, I think she will have implied status after May, even if she didn't send the OWP with the PR.
I can certainly see your logic, but I'm afraid that I honestly don't know how this new pilot OWP changes the way implied status once worked regarding the Inland application. It's always been reported that they needed to be sent together, but...maybe that's changed?

There have been people that have received an OWP with something on it to indicate that it does not confer temporary residency (or similar).

Aqsamunir

Star Member
Mar 14, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-10-14
AOR Received.
03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
anng said:
there was one june 2014 who has received it from FB.
Hi, can you please send me the link of FB page?

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Aqsamunir said:
Hi, can you please send me the link of FB page?
hi the name of the group is Canada Inland Spousal Sponsorship Petitioners.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi, my husband saw already that our application is on process, we applied July 2014 and got application number August 2014. We are happy to know and see it on the CIC site. Also, We applied but we didn't include the OWP application and we are about to send it, I want to ask who knows how much to pay for the SOWP? And how long it will take since we already got our application, just will apply for OWP. Thank you in advance to those to can answer.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
sophieee said:
I can confirm that this is true, because this is exactly what I did. My PR application (without the OWP) was received in May. My visitor status would expire by late October, and I sent my OWP during the last week of September, and it was received in early October. I got my OWP in January. I was under implied status, despite sending both of them separately.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
Hi, need help for a friend please.. Her working visa status expired last January 1st, and it was late before she found out that she need valid status to stay in Canada, she already applied under spousal sponsorship last year July and received AOR last August 2015, her papers already on process, is she still can apply OWP to follow even her permit expired last Januray? Please reply to those who knows or had the same situation. Thank you in advance.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Milen said:
Hi, need help for a friend please.. Her working visa status expired last January 1st, and it was late before she found out that she need valid status to stay in Canada, she already applied under spousal sponsorship last year July and received AOR last August 2015, her papers already on process, is she still can apply OWP to follow even her permit expired last Januray? Please reply to those who knows or had the same situation. Thank you in advance.
She can apply, but her OWP will be processed only after the first stage approval. She doesn't qualify for the pilot program, and as more than 90 days passed since Jan 1, she can't restore her status anymore. She can stay in Canada, but she can't do anything before the AIP.

See the FAQ in my signature for more information about the OWP and about the overall process.

BriaN_90

Mar 27, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Vergerville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
10-04-2015
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience.

They received the application on Jan 14 2014
Medical Results received on April 10 2015 (I sent them together with the application, not sure why they received them a year later)
Decision Made on April 25 2015

Now it says they will contact me in regards of the decision. I am soooo worried.. I hope everything went well. I hate the fact that they can't put the result of the decision on the site!!!

Do you guys know more on less how long it will take to receive their decision?

Thanks.

Milen

Oct 15, 2014
sophieee said:
She can apply, but her OWP will be processed only after the first stage approval. She doesn't qualify for the pilot program, and as more than 90 days passed since Jan 1, she can't restore her status anymore. She can stay in Canada, but she can't do anything before the AIP.

See the FAQ in my signature for more information about the OWP and about the overall process.

Thank you so much Sophieee, this is such a big help to find answer for her. I think she is willing to wait for the first stage approval of the case is not possible for her to restore her status. She was just afraid the she couldn't stay for that reason. Thank you again. This forum is helping a lot more than the call center operator that they don't even know and understand the exact situation of every applicant. :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
BriaN_90 said:
Hi All,

Just wanted to share my experience.

They received the application on Jan 14 2014
Medical Results received on April 10 2015 (I sent them together with the application, not sure why they received them a year later)
Decision Made on April 25 2015

Now it says they will contact me in regards of the decision. I am soooo worried.. I hope everything went well. I hate the fact that they can't put the result of the decision on the site!!!

Do you guys know more on less how long it will take to receive their decision?

Thanks.
Hi,

First of all, congrats! :) Have you received more emails, you and your sponsor? Today was the first communication you received since the AOR?
The time between the DM and the landing interview depends on the landing office, nowadays it's pretty fast (1-2 months).