Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
rosalee said:
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am applying under spouse class in January. I can see on the cic homepage under the timelines that spousal sponsorship Inland takes about 16 months at the moment. I read here a lot about a AOR, what exactly is that and when will I receive it ? When we receice AOR does that mean that my boyfriend (in 2 weeks we getting married) is as a sponsor approved ? thank you everybody for any answers.
AOR (Acknowledgement of Receipt) is just an email in which CIC inform you that they received your application on a specific day and usually gives you a UCI (unique client identifier) and a file number that you are able to check your application in the eCAS with.
The sponsorship approval is the part of Approval in Principle / First stage approval, but in order to get the full AIP the applicant is also need to meet the requirement to apply for permanent residency.
Right now it takes about 1 months to get AOR, but with the new pilot program it can be longer.
The AIP is 16 months now, but CIC process only 2-3 days of apps in a week, so it became one months longer in every second month or so. This can also change in January, it can better or worse.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
femago24 said:
when I submit my inland app in aug my status was a worker ended last sept 2014. Since my employer didnt renew my contract had to restore my status as a visitor. The question is do I need to submit my visitor record to let them know that im not out of status? Kind a bit worried coz owp app not attached to my inland app?
Did you send them a copy of your visitor record when applying for OWP?

rosalee

Dec 30, 2014
Oh ok, I understand now. So AOR means only that cic received the application but all the background checks etc. (also sponsor eligibility) I will only receive after a few months (first stage approval). Thank you Sophie for your answer.

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
jmd2014 said:
If that's what you got from the Ministry of Health website, that should be the official information. When you go to the Service Ontario location you should have your TRV, AOR and OWP in hand. Some of the Service Ontario locations in smaller towns really have no experience or clue about dealing with visa applicants. If you're in one of the cities, it should be pretty easy.
Thank you so much jmd2014 for the advice. Happy new year!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
femago24 said:
Than you will be fine, you're eligible to get an OWP, and you don't need to send a notice that your status has changed, it's not important to your PR app.

kringtonsy

Dec 4, 2014
need help!

my husband and i got married last may 2014. my trv expires last july 2014, so I'm out-of-status when
he filled the PR/spouse sponsorship application last dec. 4, 2014. we didn't include the OWP in the application.
we still don't have a AOR. do i have to wait for AOR before i apply for OWP in pilot program? or am i qualify in pilot program?

jmd2014

Apr 8, 2014
kringtonsy said:
need help!

my husband and i got married last may 2014. my trv expires last july 2014, so I'm out-of-status when
he filled the PR/spouse sponsorship application last dec. 4, 2014. we didn't include the OWP in the application.
we still don't have a AOR. do i have to wait for AOR before i apply for OWP in pilot program? or am i qualify in pilot program?
The way I understand it is that since your TRV expired in July and you were out of status when you did the PR application, you do not have implied status. You are also past the 90 day window to apply to have your status reinstated. Therefore you have no current legal status and are thus not eligible for the pilot program.

But you do not have to wait for the AOR before applying for an OWP

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
jmd2014 said:
The way I understand it is that since your TRV expired in July and you were out of status when you did the PR application, you do not have implied status. You are also past the 90 day window to apply to have your status reinstated. Therefore you have no current legal status and are thus not eligible for the pilot program.

But you do not have to wait for the AOR before applying for an OWP
Actually, she should wait till AIP because she won't be eligible before that and if she apply CIC will just reject the application.

Kringtonsy, you can try and send an OWP application to Mississauga and ask them to attach it to your PR app and process it only after AIP. But it won't give you implied status, won't help to get OWP faster, it won't really do anything. But if you still want to send it you really should wait till your AOR because without a file number CIC can lost or misplace it easily.
You should get your AOR sometime in January.

kringtonsy

Dec 4, 2014
sophieee said:
Actually, she should wait till AIP because she won't be eligible before that and if she apply CIC will just reject the application.

Kringtonsy, you can try and send an OWP application to Mississauga and ask them to attach it to your PR app and process it only after AIP. But it won't give you implied status, won't help to get OWP faster, it won't really do anything. But if you still want to send it you really should wait till your AOR because without a file number CIC can lost or misplace it easily.
You should get your AOR sometime in January.
thanks sophieee! I'm hoping that they will accept my application. I'm really worried.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kringtonsy said:
thanks sophieee! I'm hoping that they will accept my application. I'm really worried.
Hopefully, they will accept your sponsorship application, even though you no longer have legal status.

As you may know, the language in the Inland Guide now states that a person must have legal status to be eligible for sponsorship. That language wasn't there before they updated the guide in September of this year. At this point, nobody seems to know what that really means, since it's the only place where that new information has been found.

Good luck!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
In skimming through CIC 2014 news, hoping to provide proper negative commentary as feedback to the overly-optimistic state of affairs at the beginning of 2014 I came across this blurb:

Two year legitimate relationship regulation – Spouses or partners who have been in a relationship for two years of less, and who have no children together, will receive conditional permanent residency. They must prove that they continue to live with their spouse or partner in Canada, in a legitimate relationship, for two years before full permanent residency is received.

Does this even make sense given the current processing times?
Is it even possible that anyone in 2014 has received "conditional permanent residency?".

If you submit you application the day after you marry a complete stranger it'll still be nearly 2 years before anything sounding like "permanent residency" happens.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
GustavesF said:
In skimming through CIC 2014 news, hoping to provide proper negative commentary as feedback to the overly-optimistic state of affairs at the beginning of 2014 I came across this blurb:

Two year legitimate relationship regulation – Spouses or partners who have been in a relationship for two years of less, and who have no children together, will receive conditional permanent residency. They must prove that they continue to live with their spouse or partner in Canada, in a legitimate relationship, for two years before full permanent residency is received.

Does this even make sense given the current processing times?
Is it even possible that anyone in 2014 has received "conditional permanent residency?".

If you submit you application the day after you marry a complete stranger it'll still be nearly 2 years before anything sounding like "permanent residency" happens.
That change was implemented in late 2012 and is known as Condition 51 (Conditional PR).

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Ponga said:
That change was implemented in late 2012 and is known as Condition 51 (Conditional PR).
Good call! I miss-read it. The article is a bit misleading. I read "Two major changes came into effect ... and it is anticipated that they will remain in place for 2014. They are:" as "Two major changes are:".