Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
jay12345 said:
Hi All,

Little about me and my Luck!!!!

I came to Canada on a Study permit and after finishing my school I received a OWP for 3 yrs. Within that time I got married to a Canadian Citizen and applied for my PR through Inland Spousal sponsorship. At the time when I applied for my PR I was on a valid work permit and at that time processing time was only 6Months (Oh god!!) due to that and also at that time I was not aware that I should sent in my work permit app in order to gain implied status. SO basically I didn't include OWP with my PR app (My Bad luck) now my work permit has expired :-[ and Im out of status in Canada. I did apply to restoration of status as a visitor (with in 90 days) but haven't heard any thing back from CIC.
I am from a Visa exempt county (England).

What do you guys recommend ? Can I stay in Canada without legal status while PR app is in process. Every time I call CIC I get different answers from different agents.

I hope someone can help. If any one is in similar situation as mine ( I hope not).

Thank you and Happy New Year.
Hi! As long as you submit your restoration as visitor within 90 days you will be fine, you can stay here in Canada and just wait for your TRV.

jay12345

Nov 25, 2014
Serenity03 said:
Hi! As long as you submit your restoration as visitor within 90 days you will be fine, you can stay here in Canada and just wait for your TRV.

Thanks for your reply Serenity, I hope they approve my restoration as a visitor from worker.
And I hope CIC does something about his painful inland backlog.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi guys. Just a quick info its possible to extend your health card in Saskatchewan while on implied status by just having an AOR. My husband got his just today.

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
jay12345 said:
Thanks for your reply Serenity, I hope they approve my restoration as a visitor from worker.
And I hope CIC does something about his painful inland backlog.
No problem jay12345! I submit my Restoration as Visitor application September 19, 2014 through mail then I received my TRV December 29, 2014. I'm not expecting to get it soon because in CIC website they are still processing the September 12, 2014 application and it takes 90 days. Now I'm happy because I have my Alberta Health Care Insurance again. I hope you'll get yours soon.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
anng said:
Hi guys. Just a quick info its possible to extend your health card in Saskatchewan while on implied status by just having an AOR. My husband got his just today.
Nice. Here in Alberta they don't accept AOR

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
nismopinoy said:
Nice. Here in Alberta they don't accept AOR
you can extend you health card for 3 months only. and also the agent told me that you can add your spouse in your health card

here's the form--> http://www.health.alberta.ca/documents/AHCIP-form-AHC2212.pdf

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
lheenj said:
you can extend you health card for 3 months only. and also the agent told me that you can add your spouse in your health card

here's the form--> http://www.health.alberta.ca/documents/AHCIP-form-AHC2212.pdf
As long as you have a valid status, you can extend your health card for however long your visa is. Im on my second year now.

jay12345

Nov 25, 2014
Serenity03 said:
No problem jay12345! I submit my Restoration as Visitor application September 19, 2014 through mail then I received my TRV December 29, 2014. I'm not expecting to get it soon because in CIC website they are still processing the September 12, 2014 application and it takes 90 days. Now I'm happy because I have my Alberta Health Care Insurance again. I hope you'll get yours soon.
[/

I hope they restore my status sooner but CIC is on a crazy backlog.

I wonder how and why they are so delayed on inland spousal apps, I'm a Jan, 2014 applicant and the way it's going not sure when I'm going to get my AIP. God please help us.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
lheenj said:

Is just in Alberta health card can add spouse in health card?
How bout Ontario? I guess not eh, hope the pilot program OWP can renew Ohip.

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
lheenj said:

You mean to say, if i added my wife in my health card is she will be covered already while waiting for OWP and AIP?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
shyla36 said:
As long as you have a valid status, you can extend your health card for however long your visa is. Im on my second year now.
My wife extended her healthcare already. She's on implied status. I don't think they will grant her healthcare no more

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
nismopinoy said:
My wife extended her healthcare already. She's on implied status. I don't think they will grant her healthcare no mor
I brought my valid visitor's visa, and they extended mine for another 1 year. As i mentioned, as long as you have a valid visa, your wife should be ok to have health care, for alberta that is.

Skyline29

Aug 11, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19-02-2014
Doc's Request.
Dependant fill out form & sent documents
AOR Received.
File in Ecas feb 19, 2014
Med's Request
Upfront medical
Med's Done....
Done
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
shyla36 said:
I brought my valid visitor's visa, and they extended mine for another 1 year. As i mentioned, as long as you have a valid visa, your wife should be ok to have health care, for alberta that is.
How I wish same as Ontarion but I guess not just hoping My OWP will renew my Heath card:)
God bless & good luck to all:)

jay12345

Nov 25, 2014
Hi all ,

Happy new year.

Quick question.

My wife sponsored me through inland Jan-2014 but since than god has blessed us with baby boy. Should I contact cic and send in his birth certificate??? I know by sending in his birth certificate it will make our case stronger but I'm just worried incase they ask us to fill addition forms or send in new app with son information added into it (even tho he is Canadian)..

Please suggest what you guys think or if anyone else been in this scenario. Please advise,

Thank you,
Jay

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
jay12345 said:
Hi All,

Little about me and my Luck!!!!

I came to Canada on a Study permit and after finishing my school I received a OWP for 3 yrs. Within that time I got married to a Canadian Citizen and applied for my PR through Inland Spousal sponsorship. At the time when I applied for my PR I was on a valid work permit and at that time processing time was only 6Months (Oh god!!) due to that and also at that time I was not aware that I should sent in my work permit app in order to gain implied status. SO basically I didn't include OWP with my PR app (My Bad luck) now my work permit has expired :-[ and Im out of status in Canada. I did apply to restoration of status as a visitor (with in 90 days) but haven't heard any thing back from CIC.
I am from a Visa exempt county (England).

What do you guys recommend ? Can I stay in Canada without legal status while PR app is in process. Every time I call CIC I get different answers from different agents.

I hope someone can help. If any one is in similar situation as mine ( I hope not).

Thank you and Happy New Year.
I have heard from many people that when you apply to restoration of status as a visitor (with in 90 days) You dont hear anything back from them... You just submit the forms and that is it...