Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
A lof of March-April applicant can't log in, CIC must have done something differently with those applications. This whole process is awfully inconsistent :(
But it's still not true that they haven't opened those files, e.g. a couple member got back their package or was asked to send again some forms.
Consistency would make this black magic seem too easy.

I'm a March applicant, no AOR, no ECas, nothing.

We're getting our CIC updates through Facebook, and call center agents aren't consistent. Even my MP's office expresses frustration with the fact that each of their inquiries into my file has resulted in a different excuse coupled with some assurance that items are proceeding as expected at the moment.

We pay for this, there's no reason we can't get proper, legitimate updates from qualified sources. Sears calls me if my goods are back-ordered, why can't CIC email me when they accidentally spend 6 months picking their nose?

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
So I'm guessing that where it says to include the appropriate fee (in regards to the pilot), it means to pay the fee online and attach with the form the receipt? Is the fee $155 for a work permit?

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
Sophia_N said:
So I'm guessing that where it says to include the appropriate fee (in regards to the pilot), it means to pay the fee online and attach with the form the receipt? Is the fee $155 for a work permit?

That's what I did. :)

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
hello,
can an inland applicant be eligible for OHIP with the new OWP only?
I am really confused because some said that we can't get OWP without AIP and others said that we can be eligible for OHIP with the new OWP and we don't even need to get employed. I called service Ontario and was told that i should submit a letter of the employer with the OWP, I am 6 months pregnant and I can't work.
In the Ontario ministry of health web site, I found this:

If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :

-CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
-CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence; or
- A Work Permit case type 27, which are issued solely to individuals who have applied for permanent residence within Canada.

Does someone have the official information?

zemphir

Jun 28, 2014
Hi everyone!
Regarding the new work permits pilot I have a question about application imm5710e:
I do not have any work offer right now so what should I write in answer to questions

Details of intended work in Canada:

2.(NAME AND ADDRESS OF EMPLOYER) ,
3. (INTENDED LOCATION OF EMPLOYMENT IN CANADA),
4. (MY OCCUPATION IN CANADA WILL BE),
5. (DURATION OF EXPECTED EMPLOYMENT)
6. (LMO NUMBER)

ckwilson93

Jul 19, 2014
Edmonton
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zemphir said:
Hi everyone!
Regarding the new work permits pilot I have a question about application imm5710e:
I do not have any work offer right now so what should I write in answer to questions

6. (LMO NUMBER)
I left them blank.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
zemphir said:
Hi everyone!

6. (LMO NUMBER)
I've read somewhere that it's not advised to leave anything blank, so I put N/A for the name and address of the employer.

amirbutt28

Star Member
Jan 4, 2013
hey i have a quick question that my app received 0n 23 dec 2013 so i can apply for OWP under pilot program how i can apply for that i couldnt find how will i apply for it please let me know

Serenity03

Oct 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Nov. 4, 2014
AOR Received.
Dec. 19, 2014 / Aug. 27, 2015
Med's Done....
January 8, 2016
amirbutt28 said:
hey i have a quick question that my app received 0n 23 dec 2013 so i can apply for OWP under pilot program how i can apply for that i couldnt find how will i apply for it please let me know

Hi!

You can try here.. http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/updates/2014/2014-12-22.asp

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
sophieee said:
A lof of March-April applicant can't log in, CIC must have done something differently with those applications. This whole process is awfully inconsistent :(
But it's still not true that they haven't opened those files, e.g. a couple member got back their package or was asked to send again some forms.
Hi Sophiee,
So I called again today to re-confirm on whether they have the OWP app properly attached.
The agent again said the same thing; because they're still working on app from Aug 2013, mine still hasn't been opened yet.
However, this agent said that she can check whether the OWP is being handled by Mississauga office or other (Vegreville perhaps?) as long as I provided her with the receipt number for the payment I made.

After I gave her the receipt number for the OWP, she confirmed that the app is being handled in Mississauga which means that it has been properly attached to the inland sponsorship. YAY!!! :D

Thank you for all your advice and constant updates, Sophiee. It's really really appreciated.

For those who want to confirm whether your OWP is properly attached to your inland app, have your OWP app receipt # ready. As long as the OWP app is being processed in Mississauga, that means that it has been properly attached to your inland app.

jmd2014

Apr 8, 2014
dassine2013 said:
hello,
can an inland applicant be eligible for OHIP with the new OWP only?
I am really confused because some said that we can't get OWP without AIP and others said that we can be eligible for OHIP with the new OWP and we don't even need to get employed. I called service Ontario and was told that i should submit a letter of the employer with the OWP, I am 6 months pregnant and I can't work.
In the Ontario ministry of health web site, I found this:

If you are applying for Ontario health insurance coverage as an Applicant for Permanent Residence, you are required to present written confirmation from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) that you are eligible to apply for permanent residence in Canada, which may be one of the following :

-CIC Confirmation Letter – letter on CIC letterhead addressed to the Applicant for Permanent Residence that confirms that the applicant is eligible to apply for permanent residency in Canada;
-CIC Immigration document such as a Work Permit, Visitor Record, Temporary Resident Permit or Study Permit with note in the “Remarks Section” that indicates that you have applied for permanent residence; or
- A Work Permit case type 27, which are issued solely to individuals who have applied for permanent residence within Canada.

Does someone have the official information?
If that's what you got from the Ministry of Health website, that should be the official information. When you go to the Service Ontario location you should have your TRV, AOR and OWP in hand. Some of the Service Ontario locations in smaller towns really have no experience or clue about dealing with visa applicants. If you're in one of the cities, it should be pretty easy.

rosalee

Dec 30, 2014
Hello,

I am new to this forum. I am applying under spouse class in January. I can see on the cic homepage under the timelines that spousal sponsorship Inland takes about 16 months at the moment. I read here a lot about a AOR, what exactly is that and when will I receive it ? When we receice AOR does that mean that my boyfriend (in 2 weeks we getting married) is as a sponsor approved ? thank you everybody for any answers.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
atanto said:
Hi Sophiee,
So I called again today to re-confirm on whether they have the OWP app properly attached.
The agent again said the same thing; because they're still working on app from Aug 2013, mine still hasn't been opened yet.
However, this agent said that she can check whether the OWP is being handled by Mississauga office or other (Vegreville perhaps?) as long as I provided her with the receipt number for the payment I made.

After I gave her the receipt number for the OWP, she confirmed that the app is being handled in Mississauga which means that it has been properly attached to the inland sponsorship. YAY!!! :D

Thank you for all your advice and constant updates, Sophiee. It's really really appreciated.

For those who want to confirm whether your OWP is properly attached to your inland app, have your OWP app receipt # ready. As long as the OWP app is being processed in Mississauga, that means that it has been properly attached to your inland app.
I'm glad that you finally got a proper answer and that everything is okay with your OWP app:)

femago24

Oct 16, 2014
when I submit my inland app in aug my status was a worker ended last sept 2014. Since my employer didnt renew my contract had to restore my status as a visitor. The question is do I need to submit my visitor record to let them know that im not out of status? Kind a bit worried coz owp app not attached to my inland app?