Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
So you reckon I could swing an open work permit at the USA/Canada border given the new pilot situation?

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
rhcohen2014 said:
I'm curious what's stopping applicants from applying for a new owp per the specifications of the pilot program regardless if they already submitted with the original app? don't the new applications go to a different office? since the new one is quicker to process, by the time they got around to the original, the owp would already been approved, the original fee would then be reimbursed, and CIC would just discard the original. it seems to be somewhat of a "loophole" for those in-status applicants who will be left in the dark for some time. just a thought...
You cant apply for new owp under the pilot program if you submitted your owp application together with the pr apo as your file ia already in their system. I asked this before Christmas break.

bored_waiting

Aug 30, 2014
nismopinoy said:
You cant apply for new owp under the pilot program if you submitted your owp application together with the pr apo as your file ia already in their system. I asked this before Christmas break.
you can also apply after you sent your PR app but you need to have valid status and processing time will be about 4 months.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
nismopinoy said:
right, but for those who are still waiting for their application to be opened. if the application has not been opened, then how would CIC know there is an app for OWP already in there? you see what I mean? even though those are the "rules", can't some people kind of sneak through this silly loophole so they can get it quicker? or are a majority of applications already opened/received and they are just back in a pile waiting for processing of AIP?

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
This is not true.
Stop spreading misinformation.

Jamesdavid3 said:
Yes that is what I was told by a CIC Agent any applications after Dec 22nd only count towards the pilot program, so that means anyone before then (Almost everyone effected) would be in trouble!!

But I guess since then that has been cleared up and is not the case as the Agents were getting it wrong

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
UPDATE FROM Chris Day: "I am told that all applications in the system, (ie., they have a pending FC and open WP) will be blitzed in the new year. Applicants don't have to do anything. Anyone who hasn't submitted an open WP application follows the direction in the OB. Average processing will be 4 months as an upper limit. Meds are only required if the job requires it (medical profession, working with kids, etc)."
Chris Day is the Chief of Staff at CIC, Eric Laine is in contact with him.

Also from Eric Laine: you can call the call centre and aks them to check the status of file and see if the OWP application has been properly attached to spousal sponsorship and is in queue for processing. If everything is alright, than only thing you have to do is wait.

I get all my information from here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/615312178589951/

And one more thing if you talk to a call centre agent who speaks gibberish:
"CIC just advised us that the details have been made public minutes ago and sent to all operational network. If any Call Centre tells you otherwise, please ask for name and employee # and PM me, Chris Day will be interested to know who are not complying with the Minister's Office."
Here is the guy you can PM the info:
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100004945368021

lsj2767

Star Member
Jul 13, 2013
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-10-2014
AOR Received.
No AOR
susana said:
What is a none-illegal criminal record in Canada ? And why is an indictable offense ? If you have a criminal record and you are inadmissible and caught you will be deported, but I stlll don't know what you are talking about. Having a criminal record is not bad luck, is bad choices.
My criminal record is totally my fault.

My point was that my criminal record is not illegal at all in Canada. And I wasn't inadmissible when I came here.
But somehow cic refused my application after giving me AIP and OWP approval and they said it was indictable.

spyro02

Nov 12, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-11-2014
AOR Received.
19-12-2014
lsj2767, can you cite or quote the original statute you were convicted under?
In addition to the statute, did you admit to CIC any facts surounding the offense?

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
sophieee said:
Also from Eric Laine: you can call the call centre and aks them to check the status of file and see if the OWP application has been properly attached to spousal sponsorship and is in queue for processing. If everything is alright, than only thing you have to do is wait.
I tried doing this today. Spoke to an agent named Wendy.
She said if my app is sent after Aug 28th, 2013 it hasn't been opened yet therefore she's not able to verify whether or not the OWP has been properly attached.
She did say that if I had sent it in the same envelope, it should be fine.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
atanto said:
I tried doing this today. Spoke to an agent named Wendy.
She said if my app is sent after Aug 28th, 2013 it hasn't been opened yet therefore she's not able to verify whether or not the OWP has been properly attached.
She did say that if I had sent it in the same envelope, it should be fine.
Some 2014 November applicants already got AOR and are able to log in to eCAS, so it's hard to believe that their application isn't opened yet.

atanto

Apr 2, 2013
sophieee said:
Some 2014 November applicants already got AOR and are able to log in to eCAS, so it's hard to believe that their application isn't opened yet.
That's odd. I'm April applicant and cant log in to ecas yet. :(

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
atanto said:
That's odd. I'm April applicant and cant log in to ecas yet. :(
A lof of March-April applicant can't log in, CIC must have done something differently with those applications. This whole process is awfully inconsistent :(
But it's still not true that they haven't opened those files, e.g. a couple member got back their package or was asked to send again some forms.

marcyb25

Oct 7, 2014
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2014
AOR Received.
10-10-2014
When you logged into eCAS did you enter your information or the applicant
Do you have a file number begining with "F" is that what you used to login or was there a UCI number.
did you submit any sort of immigration related forms in the past where your information would have already been in their system or was this your first application with CIC
I am May 2014 and I still cant login

LAKEWOOD said:
Hello forum members!!!

I am so happy that i can now log in to my ecas, i submitted my application last August 29, 2014 through Canada Post. CIC received my application package on September 2, 1014 (i knew that they received it coz' of the signature online from canada post). I received the email last December 19, 2014, stating that they received my application last September 2, 2014 (is this the AOR)?
By the way i am the sponsor.
There are two lines now on my E-cas
1. We received your application to sponsor on September 2, 2014.
2. We started processing your application on December 18, 2014.

I know that i have to wait for 16 months to process the sponsor's paper. (When will the processing starts? September or December. Thanks.
We also applied for the OWP together with the application package.

Regards,
Lakewood