App. Filed.......
16-03-2016
AOR Received.
04-05-2016
Med's Request
25-03-2017
Med's Done....
31-03-2017
When I searched the processing time for inland, I found this petition about improving process time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant open work permit upon AOR. I'm not sure it helps or anyone posted before. I just signed ;)

It doesn't make any sense when the spouse of a study/work permit holder can apply OWP, while the applicant can apply it until AIP.

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
luckygirll said:
It doesn't make any sense when the spouse of a study/work permit holder can apply OWP, while the applicant can apply it until AIP.
The difference is that those on work/study permit are only in Canada temporarily. So the spouse of work/study visa can get OWP because CIC knows they are only here temporary.

Whereas those applying for PR are planning to stay permanently. So a higher standard/tighter requirement is needed. I know it is unfair and it is. But I think that is where their reasoning comes from.

Screech339

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
luckygirll said:
When I searched the processing time for inland, I found this petition about improving process time for inland spousal sponsorship and grant open work permit upon AOR. I'm not sure it helps or anyone posted before. I just signed ;)

https://www.change.org/p/citizenship-and-immigration-canada-improve-processing-time-for-inland-spousal-sponsorship-and-grant-open-work-permit-upon-aor
The uncomfortable truth is that this petition has only attracted just under 1600 votes since it started on May 9th. It's way below background noise to CIC.

arump

Oct 2, 2014
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Well, i have completed everything and i will resubmit my application again this week and see how it goes. My police clearance is expired on November, I will send request to extend the new one from my country.

arum

sophieee said:
I'm sorry for that happened. Make sure when you are sending your app again that every form is the most recent and signed at the right place. If you paid the Sponsorship application and Principal applicant fee, than you don't have to worry about that just send the receipt again. Try to get a copy of your medical from your doctor and send it. If your police check is expired, send it anyway with an explanation letter, but order a new one.
I don't know what will happen with your OWP, I'm afraid that CIC won't be able to join that up with your new PR app.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arump said:
Hi,

Thanks for replying. Well, i have completed everything and i will resubmit my application again this week and see how it goes. My police clearance is expired on November, I will send request to extend the new one from my country.

arum
You don't need to send a new police report. You only need to submit it once to CIC within 3 months after the report was made.

It's the medical report that can be asked to redo. You would have to land before your medical result expires.

Screech339

arump

Oct 2, 2014
screech339 said:
You don't need to send a new police report. You only need to submit it once to CIC within 3 months after the report was made.

It's the medical report that can be asked to redo. You would have to land before your medical result expires.

Screech339
Hi Screech,

Thank you I will do it and resend my application tomorrow

Arum

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
arump said:
Hi Screech,

Thank you I will do it and resend my application tomorrow

Arum
I didn't know you will be resubmitting your application. You may need to get a new pcc if it has been more than 3 months since you submitted the last application. Chances are since your police report has expired, you will need to do a new police report.

Screech339

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I have a question,

I see many people on here seem to have a UCI or Application number for themselves, the one being sponsored which I guess is normal. But then their Canadian partners also getting a UCI or Application number?

I have always thought that only the person being sponsored is the one who gets this?

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a question,

I see many people on here seem to have a UCI or Application number for themselves, the one being sponsored which I guess is normal. But then their Canadian partners also getting a UCI or Application number?

I have always thought that only the person being sponsored is the one who gets this?
I got a little confused by this as well. When we received our SA the email was sent to my wife (sponsor) and she was allocated a UCI number which has allowed us to log in and check the application. I believe....and someone can correct me if I'm wrong on this but once the PR application gets underway the correspondence should be with the applicant and hence they would get a seperate number. However, in saying all of that some people have experienced difficulties logging on with a UCI number and have used alternative methods. It all depends on how CIC update their systems on the progression of the applciation.

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
omariewk1 said:
at the rate at which they are going roughly what time will CIC start issuing AIP and open work permits to 2014 inland applicants?
What rate? Processing a single day every week?

If this completely unacceptable rate doesn't change, it'll be about 3 years.

They're still processing August 2013, it takes them a full month to process 4 days.
It will likely take another 2 months for them to start processing September.

2013 still has 4 months left, which at this pathetic rate will take 30 months to process, or 2.5 years.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
GustavesF said:
What rate? Processing a single day every week?

If this completely unacceptable rate doesn't change, it'll be about 3 years.

They're still processing August 2013, it takes them a full month to process 4 days.
It will likely take another 2 months for them to start processing September.

2013 still has 4 months left, which at this pathetic rate will take 30 months to process, or 2.5 years.
Something will have to give eventually they cant allow this wait time to continue to rise. The whole policy is a complete mess...call centre agents telling people to apply inland when they can apply outland but that is not made clear, changes to the wording of applying 'out of status' etc, it just doesnt make any logical sense.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a question,

The sponsor will also get UCI as well. If the sponsor is a PR or naturalized Canadian, it will be the same UCI as they originally assigned. If the sponsor is Canadian born, then a new UCI will be assigned to the Canadian sponsor. I was assigned an UCI when I gotten sponsor approval.

Screech339

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Jamesdavid3 said:
I have a question,

I believe UCI stands for something like Unique Client Identifier, and this is given to ANYONE sending in an application to CIC, no matter what it's for. I imagine this is how CIC can identify a person and see their application history in the system. The sponsor sends in an application to be approved as a sponsor, therefore, yes, they will get their own UCI. The applicant will also get one for their own applications to CIC. The file number is what the 2 people share when they are applying together. There will be 2 UCI #s (or more if there are dependants) and 1 file number for a PR application.

Alwaysfresh85

Jun 3, 2013
Hello Everyone,

Im looking for some feedback, hope some of you could please help out.

Application recieved on August 2nd, 2013, on October 10th, 2014 I recieved a letter from the government letting me know that i was eligible to sponsor my wife for Permanent Residency, and a seperate letter was being sent to her.

On her letter, they let her know that they required further documents to proceed with her application - marriage liscense, lease agreement etc, stuff that we had already sent in initially. Either way, we sent in the required documents again.

Im assuming this means i still havent finished Stage 1 of this process. I thought because the first stage was strictly related to assessing the sponsor, i was complete, but a family member recently told me that stage 1 isnt officially completed until she gets a letter saying that she is approved in principal. Good news turned to bad news.

Can someone who is been in a similar situation please advise? Is this common? Is the processing time long for the 1st stage to be completed from where i stand right now?

Thanks in advance!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Alwaysfresh85 said:
Hello Everyone,

Im looking for some feedback, hope some of you could please help out.

Application recieved on August 2nd, 2013, on October 10th, 2014 I recieved a letter from the government letting me know that i was eligible to sponsor my wife for Permanent Residency, and a seperate letter was being sent to her.

On her letter, they let her know that they required further documents to proceed with her application - marriage liscense, lease agreement etc, stuff that we had already sent in initially. Either way, we sent in the required documents again.

Im assuming this means i still havent finished Stage 1 of this process. I thought because the first stage was strictly related to assessing the sponsor, i was complete, but a family member recently told me that stage 1 isnt officially completed until she gets a letter saying that she is approved in principal. Good news turned to bad news.

Can someone who is been in a similar situation please advise? Is this common? Is the processing time long for the 1st stage to be completed from where i stand right now?

Thanks in advance!
You will probably get more replies in the 2013 Inland thread. :)

However, the answer is unfortunately no. Until your wife (the applicant) gets her email of approval, that is AIP (Approval In Principal), THEN the 1st Stage is complete. Since they are asking for additional information, it will be after that information is received and processed.

We are in a similar situation, I, the Sponsor, received my SA (Sponsorship Approval), but my husband has not yet received his AIP. They are not awaiting extra documents from us though. They used to always issue SA and AIP the same day, but seems they are changing this process.