Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
brucem said:
Sophia, I know you have been through this on the threads already but given the ever increasing times for Inland I would seriously consider applying outland again. Your going to lose the will as these wait times are just going up and up!
I was joking, but truth be told I'm aware that if I withdraw and re-apply I could mess something up on the second application and I'll have to be asked to provide extra things and delay the process so much so that it would be the same amount of waiting time anyway.

Besides, I know a lot of people have had their decisions made quickly via outland but that still does not guarantee that I will. It doesn't. At all.

What I can guarantee is that the length of time I'll be waiting for my inland to go through will be the same amount of time I could be waiting for my outland to go through (and all I'm looking forward to is the ability to work, having a PR card can come later, AIP will do for me)

What I can guarantee now is that my inland application package was thorough and put together very very well and it took a hell of a lot of time and energy to do. Going two months without the stress of doing another package and gathering documents is worth an extra 2 or 3 months without word from CIC. I understand that a lot of people don't see it the same way, but if I want to leave it as it is for the sake of my sanity and wait a little longer, please don't hold it against me.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Sophia_N said:
I was joking, but truth be told I'm aware that if I withdraw and re-apply I could mess something up on the second application and I'll have to be asked to provide extra things and delay the process so much so that it would be the same amount of waiting time anyway.

Besides, I know a lot of people have had their decisions made quickly via outland but that still does not guarantee that I will. It doesn't. At all.

What I can guarantee is that the length of time I'll be waiting for my inland to go through will be the same amount of time I could be waiting for my outland to go through (and all I'm looking forward to is the ability to work, having a PR card can come later, AIP will do for me)

What I can guarantee now is that my inland application package was thorough and put together very very well and it took a hell of a lot of time and energy to do. Going two months without the stress of doing another package and gathering documents is worth an extra 2 or 3 months without word from CIC. I understand that a lot of people don't see it the same way, but if I want to leave it as it is for the sake of my sanity and wait a little longer, please don't hold it against me.
That's your decision! Everyone here just want the best for you, but you are the only one who can see the whole picture from your perspective, so go with what you feel the best. Just be prepared that this inland route can be much more longer than 14 months till the AIP. They processed 2 months in the past 9 months, so it won't be a surprise if it will be much longer while your turn is coming.

brucem

Apr 21, 2014
Edinburgh
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-07-2014
Doc's Request.
23-01-2015
AOR Received.
22-08-2014
File Transfer...
22-08-2014
Med's Done....
26-06-2014
VISA ISSUED...
08-05-2015
LANDED..........
08-07-2015
Sophia_N said:

I figured you were just kidding and nobody is holding anything against you! Everyone makes up their own mind and you have all the facts now and I totally see where your coming from in terms of how long it takes to put things together....but....and you knew it was coming I think what everyone is saying that 12 months...14 months...2 years down the line at the moment and you might be in the same position. As long as your cool with that then you can tell everyone to get stuffed but I'm an impatient kind of person so it would drive me round the twist. I promise I'm not trying to get at you I just dont like to see people suffer because of bad advice :D

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
do we have cases/examples here on campus where applicants from visa required countries have applied outland while staying in canada. i know that passports need to be sent through courier to the home country vo. but if let's say the applicant is in canada legally, do they process it through ottawa or send them to home country anyway? i am talking about applicants who have long term study permits or work permits.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
do we have cases/examples here on campus where applicants from visa required countries have applied outland while staying in canada. i know that passports need to be sent through courier to the home country vo. but if let's say the applicant is in canada legally, do they process it through ottawa or send them to home country anyway? i am talking about applicants who have long term study permits or work permits.
If you are legally admitted to Canada for at least 12 months (in the time you submit your application you have a study/work permit that valid for 12 months from then) than you can choose Ottawa as your VO.

ALEJOMOR

Nov 20, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Hello Inlanders,

I applied on February 27th, 2014 and received AOR on August 2014. Good luck to everyone! As far as I know, they are still working on applications received by August 21st, 2013. Hopefully, they speed it up in order to finish 2013 before the end of this year. Has any 2014 inlander received AIP already?

Cheers.

Sophia_N

Nov 10, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 14, 2014
AOR Received.
Oct 20, 2014
Med's Done....
Upfront
sophieee said:
That's your decision! Everyone here just want the best for you, but you are the only one who can see the whole picture from your perspective, so go with what you feel the best. Just be prepared that this inland route can be much more longer than 14 months till the AIP. They processed 2 months in the past 9 months, so it won't be a surprise if it will be much longer while your turn is coming.
I know all of you guys mean well and believe me I appreciate anybody giving me encouragement while I'm going through this process and your advice completely has weight behind it. I think if anything gets sent back to me and I have to complete more forms etc, then I'll probably just do it all again via outland. Let's wait and see! :)

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
screech339 said:
CIC does encourage everyone to apply outland as they do have an advantageous of quick processing time over inland. They have been recommending it for a long long time.
I don't understand why CIC would encourage everyone to apply Outland. Is it because they have no ability to shift any resources over to Inland? They already only have one person working on Outland, and no one ever applies that way?

I personally was encouraged by CIC to apply Inland.

OlgaD

Nov 21, 2014
kszhang said:
Hey everyone,

Just a question. Me and my wife have submitted the inland application and we have got the AOR. My wife currently has a work permit and employed, but the expiration date of the work permit will be May, 2015. As the stage 1 processing time becomes longer and longer, we do not believe we can obtain the AIP before the work permit expiration date. Can we submit OWP application before AIP? Since we really do not want to lose the job due to invalid work permit. BTW, her employer does not want to do the LMO...

Thank you so much for any advices. :)
Hi,
I was in the same situation my work permit expired in March 2014.. so I had to quit ( my employer didn't apply for LMO).
You are ineligible to apply for OWP as there is no category that fits your case. All you need to apply is AIP that takes a lot to receive.

kszhang

Nov 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-04-2014
OlgaD said:
Hi,
I was in the same situation my work permit expired in March 2014.. so I had to quit ( my employer didn't apply for LMO).
You are ineligible to apply for OWP as there is no category that fits your case. All you need to apply is AIP that takes a lot to receive.
Thank you for sharing your experience, did you try to submit the separate OWP application before AIP and get rejected?

femago24

Oct 16, 2014
Submitted inland application aug 12, 2014 and got AOR aug 15, 2014 not including OWP app. My work permit expired sept and I applied for restoration of status as a visitor. My visitor record just approved for 6mos thats what I asked for. Is it possible to submit an application for OWP now attaching my temporay resident with my application so they can process my OWP after AIP so I will get an implied status? Or do i still have to wait till AIP before applying OWP?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
femago24 said:
Submitted inland application aug 12, 2014 and got AOR aug 15, 2014 not including OWP app. My work permit expired sept and I applied for restoration of status as a visitor. My visitor record just approved for 6mos thats what I asked for. Is it possible to submit an application for OWP now attaching my temporay resident with my application so they can process my OWP after AIP so I will get an implied status? Or do i still have to wait till AIP before applying OWP?
You cannot submit the OWP until you have AIP, therefore you will not benefit from implied status.

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
at the rate at which they are going roughly what time will CIC start issuing AIP and open work permits to 2014 inland applicants?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
omariewk1 said:
at the rate at which they are going roughly what time will CIC start issuing AIP and open work permits to 2014 inland applicants?
Since the processing time right now is 15 months, I'd `guess' that the first 2014 applicant might see AIP and OWP in April/May 2015...unless CIC slows down even more!

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
does the government even give the staff and management at CIC performance appraisals? I would love to see the quantifiable objectives that they have set out for the year 2014. should be a dismal failure