+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

STHT

Oct 13, 2014
Rusalka said:
by the way about police report.
I received it in June in my country (Russia), in July I entered Canada as visitor (multiple visitor visa). Then in December we flew to Hawaii for Christmas for 2 weeks and I reentered Canada on December 30th. And I applied for PR from Canada at the end of January. Will be my police report valid? I have not been in my country since the beginning of July, so I will not be able to make any criminal affairs :) How strict are they usual with police reports?
Can I ask if you applied for the PR from Canada with an inland application? Did you also apply to extend your visitor status at the same time or how did that work our for you?

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hello everyone,

I appologize up front if I double post my question, I did not thought about it, that there is a special section for inland applicants :-[

If my visitor visa extension gets denied, due to the fact that I cant include a copy of my inland PR application in the visitor visa extension, that means that my PR application will be refused, even when I include a OWP in the PR application ? Thats what I could already figure out thanks to a anwers from a member. My visitor record ends on the 5th of November and I probably wont make it in time to send the PR application before my status expires (cause some documents got lost on the post way from europe to canada). But I dont understand one thing, I was reading in an other post, that a person what is already without legal status for 10 years in Canada can remain legaly in Canada after submitting an PR application when including a OWP. I am kind of confused. thank you everybody for any anwers !

best wishes

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
dadoB said:
hello everyone,

I appologize up front if I double post my question, I did not thought about it, that there is a special section for inland applicants :-[

If my visitor visa extension gets denied, due to the fact that I cant include a copy of my inland PR application in the visitor visa extension, that means that my PR application will be refused, even when I include a OWP in the PR application ? Thats what I could already figure out thanks to a anwers from a member. My visitor record ends on the 5th of November and I probably wont make it in time to send the PR application before my status expires (cause some documents got lost on the post way from europe to canada). But I dont understand one thing, I was reading in an other post, that a person what is already without legal status for 10 years in Canada can remain legaly in Canada after submitting an PR application when including a OWP. I am kind of confused. thank you everybody for any anwers !

best wishes
At this point you have "Implied" status, regardless of a visitor extension! You do not need a visitor pass AND you can allow it to expire; its not needed. (Implied status, If you apply to extend your permit, and your visitor visa expires while you are waiting for a decision, you still have temporary resident (visitor) status. This is known as implied status). Some people do like having the visitor visa in order to renew a temporary drivers license, however it is not needed IF you applied inland.

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
thank you michminn !

so i wont need to make a new visitor extension ? as said, it expires on 5th of November and as mentioned, I can probably only submit the inland PR application after the 5th. that means i would be out of status, even though it would be only a short time, but still its out of status. So the fact that i include a open work permit would give me automatically implied status even without a visa extension ? sorry if i ask too much and if i sound a little lost, well indeed i am. thank you very much ! best wishes

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
i did some quick calculations and with current working rate of CIC (one day of applications are processed in a week), it will take almost 5 years before it's my turn!!!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
dadoB said:
thank you michminn !

so i wont need to make a new visitor extension ? as said, it expires on 5th of November and as mentioned, I can probably only submit the inland PR application after the 5th. that means i would be out of status, even though it would be only a short time, but still its out of status. So the fact that i include a open work permit would give me automatically implied status even without a visa extension ? sorry if i ask too much and if i sound a little lost, well indeed i am. thank you very much ! best wishes
I'm afraid, that you won't have implied status, if you will be out of status by the time you are sending your PR app. I think the best you can do is to apply for visitor extension even if you haven't sent your PR app. You can send an explanation that you are about to send your PR app in one week, or two weeks. If you are from Europe and from a visa-exempt country, than it's very unlikely that your extension will be denied. My best guess that you will get a sort extension, like 3 or 6 months, but it doesn't matter, once you sent your PR app along with an OWP you will have implied status.
I wouldn't recommend to go out of status, even it doesn't have anything to do with your PR app, you can have problems with CBSA.

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
Out of status for almost 7months before submiting PR application .

dadoB

Jul 21, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jabs 77 said:
Out of status for almost 7months before submiting PR application .
you mean you are 7 months out of status ?

and thank you for the anwers !

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
dadoB said:
thank you michminn !

I would suggest you to apply for an extension before your visa stay expires. This way you are under "implied status" once your visa expires, assuming CIC gets your extension application before the expire date. Once your visa "expires" you will be under "implied status". When you get your papers required for your PR application, submit your OWP with the application. Now sure how it would all fit together in terms of "implied status" but at least you won't be out of status while waiting for PR documentations for sponsorship to come.

The last thing you want to be is "out of status". So by submitting a new visa extension to CIC, it will cover your butt in not being out of status.

angela04

May 13, 2013
Hi everybody,

could somebody add me in the excel sheet?

Application sent on 22th of January 2014
Application received on 23rd of January 2014
AOR received on 10th of April 2014

Jabs 77

Star Member
Jan 10, 2013
BC
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-02-14
AOR Received.
14-02-14
I was , it's been 8months now waiting for first stage.

michminn

Aug 26, 2014
Nanaimo, BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP - Miss to Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23/09/2014
AOR Received.
05/12/2014
File Transfer...
05/12/2014
Med's Done....
18/03/2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
Waives/US citizen
VISA ISSUED...
COPR 17/6/2015
LANDED..........
Soon... 25/6/2015 !!!!!!!!!!! Anticipated
sophieee said:
I'm afraid, that you won't have implied status, if you will be out of status by the time you are sending your PR app. I think the best you can do is to apply for visitor extension even if you haven't sent your PR app. You can send an explanation that you are about to send your PR app in one week, or two weeks. If you are from Europe and from a visa-exempt country, than it's very unlikely that your extension will be denied. My best guess that you will get a sort extension, like 3 or 6 months, but it doesn't matter, once you sent your PR app along with an OWP you will have implied status.
I wouldn't recommend to go out of status, even it doesn't have anything to do with your PR app, you can have problems with CBSA.
'

I misread regarding your NOT sending the app in as of yet! If you are truly worried, just send what you have now; that WILL grant you implied status, you can send the other documents in when they request them. Otherwise get on line NOW and extend your visitor visa :)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
michminn said:
'

I misread regarding your NOT sending the app in as of yet! If you are truly worried, just send what you have now; that WILL grant you implied status, you can send the other documents in when they request them. Otherwise get on line NOW and extend your visitor visa :)
But a couple of the requested documents are mandatory and could lead to the entire application being returned if they are not sent with the application.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
sophieee said:
Actually, one of the reasons to use the Inland process is that an applicant can be out of status. The Public Policy is that an applicant that entered Canada legally but is now out of status will not be removed by CBSA with an Inland application in process. There are limits to this (it's a public policy, not a law or regulation) and if you are already in the process of being removed the Inland process may not stop the removal. Similarly, if you run into legal issues (criminality, mainly) then CBSA may choose to proceed with removal anyway.

The Inland application provides a path for someone currently out of status to return to status without leaving Canada.