+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
Hi, my husband and I were married in the states in August 2013. I came to Canada with him and was given a visitor record allowing me to stay in the country until October 2014. We filed all of our paperwork for Sponsorship and PR at the same time. We first submitted our application in early January 2014 through a lawyer, but apparently we didn't have the most up to date form and it was sent back. We resubmitted it in mid-February 2014. We have heard nothing since. Our lawyer told us in June that an application submitted by a couple a few weeks before us was already in process and she hoped to hear about ours within the next month. To date, we still have not heard anything. My visitor record expires in October. Should we be worried that we have not received an AOR?

Also, we would like to travel to the US to visit my family as it has been a year since we have seen most of them. Is it advisable for me to leave Canada or do I need to wait until after I have been granted PR status? Are there any other Americans that have found themselves in the same situation?

We are really frustrated. Our lawyer is now out on maternity leave and it is proving almost impossible for us to get a reply from anyone at her firm as to what to do. We are hoping that my application will be processed quickly, but from everything I am reading, that appears to be unrealistic.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
miamore_lili said:
Hi,

My husband and I got married in Iran (a religious marriage) and we have a iranian marriage certificate. He is an international student here and we are living together in Canada. Can we apply for inland sponsorship? I see in the instructions page for inland sponsorship they state:

"If you are married

You can sponsor the person as your spouse if your marriage is a legally valid civil marriage."

What does a legally valid civil marriage mean? Is there anyone here who got religiously married outside of Canada and successfully applied inland?

Hi,

Welcome to the forum. A translation of your Iranian marriage certificate should suffice. I got married here in Canada but my friends did not have an issue with their marriage certificates from Iran.

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
mahmow said:
No luck here, We didn't add an email for the applicant ... all i have is a file number that starts with a "T" followed by 12 numbers, which i received when I called in, Can't put that file number in ecas under any options.

Apparently file number that start with T shows that the app has been received and scanned, and file numbers that begin with "F" means that they have been scanned and created.
I called CIC call centre and they provided me file number starts with XF with 9 digits... what does it mean. I noticed everyone's file number starts with one letter then why I got with 2 letters. just curious

Vlad1234

Aug 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21 February
Doc's Request.
Send with application
Did anyone so far get AIP or OWP, everybody talking about AOR!!!???Stil July 30 :-(

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
canusa2014 said:
Hi, my husband and I were married in the states in August 2013. I came to Canada with him and was given a visitor record allowing me to stay in the country until October 2014. We filed all of our paperwork for Sponsorship and PR at the same time. We first submitted our application in early January 2014 through a lawyer, but apparently we didn't have the most up to date form and it was sent back. We resubmitted it in mid-February 2014. We have heard nothing since. Our lawyer told us in June that an application submitted by a couple a few weeks before us was already in process and she hoped to hear about ours within the next month. To date, we still have not heard anything. My visitor record expires in October. Should we be worried that we have not received an AOR?

Also, we would like to travel to the US to visit my family as it has been a year since we have seen most of them. Is it advisable for me to leave Canada or do I need to wait until after I have been granted PR status? Are there any other Americans that have found themselves in the same situation?

We are really frustrated. Our lawyer is now out on maternity leave and it is proving almost impossible for us to get a reply from anyone at her firm as to what to do. We are hoping that my application will be processed quickly, but from everything I am reading, that appears to be unrealistic.
I know it's too late for this kind of advise, but you should have applied outland. Someone who applied in May have already got her PR. With inland it's recommended to not leave Canada. A lot of people go for a vacation, or go for the States with no problem, but if the officer you are dealing with has a bad day and decide not to let you re-entry, then you can't complete your inland app and have to re-apply outland.
Have you applied for an OWP along with your PR app? If yes, than you will be fine until you get AIP; if not, than you need to apply for visitor extension before your current one expires.
As for your AOR, you should have got one, but maybe it was sent to your lawyer's email address. You can call CIC and ask for you file# and UCI.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
missworld13 said:
I know about cancel representative form but On cancel representative form they didnt provide email address section, how can I give my own email address... plz highlight
Did you include your email in the PR application itself? There is a spot to list personal email. So when the representative get cancelled, CIC will use the email listed in the PR application.

Screech339

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
screech339 said:
Did you include your email in the PR application itself? There is a spot to list personal email. So when the representative get cancelled, CIC will use the email listed in the PR application.

Screech339
Yes on generic form I put my email address but for current mailing address its my representative address. so first thing toorrow orning i will send cancellation form. I dont need his services at all. not satisfied

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
missworld13 said:
Yes on generic form I put my email address but for current mailing address its my representative address. so first thing toorrow orning i will send cancellation form. I dont need his services at all. not satisfied
They should automatically go use your mailing address listed in the application once the cancellation is done. However I would suggest that once the cancellation is done, you contact CIC to be sure they will use your address not the representative address.

Screech339

Tron83

Aug 28, 2014
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to say Hi, I have been following the forum for awhile and thought I would finally join in.

A little about me, I am being sponsored by my spouse and our application was received in early January 2014. I am currently on a PGWP which is set to expire in middle of September 2014. Obviously I am pretty upset that I am going to have to give up my job here in Northern Saskatchewan. Like a lot of people I am regretting applying inland through the sponsorship program. Knowing what I know now I would have applied through the provincial nominee program etc. however, back in January the time for stage 1 was only 6-7 months.

I like other people on PGWP were also dealt a cruel hand when in May, Canada changed the LMO rules which previously allowed employers to get people on PGWP a 2 year work permit without advertising the position.

The one piece of advice I do have for people on PGWPs is to have a lawyer put your application together. I have seen a lot of debate on here discussing whether you get implied status if you submit an OWP with your application. Back in January I looked through the forums and it seemed that I would not get implied status, so I did not submit the OWP with my application. Given the delays with CIC I have recently explored every avenue to keep working, and from my discussions with CIC on 3 separate occasions they confirmed that I would have in fact had implied status and be able to keep working. My employer has contacted our local MP (with my consent) to enquire about keeping me employed, and they too said if I had submitted an OWP I would have been able to continue working. Following this my employer spoke to an immigration lawyer about my options, and he too confirmed I would have had implied status and could have kept on working. The bad news now is CIC, the MP and the Lawyer, all said there was no way you can add a OWP to an application once it has been received. Obviously I don't want anyone to have any trouble with their application by mistakenly thinking they have implied status when they do not, but I also would hate to see people give up tens of thousands of dollars when they could have kept working. So my advice for people already on work permits is to hire a good immigration lawyer to discuss your options before submitting your application. Both the lawyer and the MP advised me to withdraw my application and apply again before my PGWP expires that way I would in-fact get implied status and continue being able to work.

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
Amazingsho said:
As long as you fill in your email address in application package, eventually CIC will send you an email with a title like "No Rely blah blah "
Then you will find file number and enter it with applicant's name and info to get into ecas. BUT, you still can do the same with your 8-digit UCI number printed on whatever visa you had when you first enter Canada.(I did test both number when my ecas activated).

I dont understand what is "opted" in your comment but you can definitely try with UCI number. AOR letter is only an indication that your ecas is activated..but if they cant find your PR application file in the system that means your package has not been entered into their system yet.
Thanks for the advice!

We ended up not filling out an email address after reading horror stories about lost emails (this was before we learned our post office was probably a far worse bet - they've already lost one piece of mail and despite our request for a signature and a receipt on our final package the online tracking said we requested neither - although it did say it was delivered). So I guess it's really no AOR for us :(

We definitely have the UCI from his original and current visiting visa, but everytime we call in they say they can't seem to find a file number attached to it (or to the receipt), my biggest fear is that others who didn't give their email from around my time seem to be able to call in and get a file number. The only thing we haven't tried yet is having them look under my name (as a sponsor) instead of his.

mahmow said:
No luck here, We didn't add an email for the applicant ... all i have is a file number that starts with a "T" followed by 12 numbers, which i received when I called in, Can't put that file number in ecas under any options.

Apparently file number that start with T shows that the app has been received and scanned, and file numbers that begin with "F" means that they have been scanned and created.
Thanks for the information!

I haven't been able to get a file number number out of them by calling in :( Were they just able to find it by looking at your receipt?

Amazingsho

Star Member
Dec 4, 2012
TOR
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
3-2-2014
AOR Received.
4-2-2014
File Transfer...
Med's Request
Med's Done....
Interview........
VISA ISSUED...
Tomorrow !
canusa2014 said:

I had the same problem in same period as you do. Sent application in DEC, returned for outdated form; Resubmitted on Feb 4 and received AOR via Email in May.

I cant give you any suggestions on how to get incapable CIC to confirm your application but you can do the least to see if your application is in process.

1. Go to E-cas
2. Insert Applicant's UCI number, in your case i believe you are Applicant. (go to the visa or stamp you had when you enter canada and find 8 digit number XXXX-XXXX)
3. enter applicant's last name, date of birth, country of birth(use the country you wrote on your application)

If this will lead you to your file's page you are probably in process and able to see some message regard to your application has been "Received" = AOR

If not, you better call CIC again since its passed 6 moths since you sent your application.

btw I am planning to go to US for a day for my professional exam. I asked question about going to US and summarized answers below

1. Bring all documents, Marriage cert, Application, visa, etc.
2. If you are from visa exempt country you can forget about visitor visa
3. Visitor visa is a single entry, if out of boarder, prepare to get another one

sweb87

May 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
26-08-2014
AOR Received.
08-11-2014
My kids passports expire in about 3 months.

If I apply for study permits now, will they even grant me them ? Or will they just have an early expiry date on them?

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
Kieath said:
Thanks for the advice!

We ended up not filling out an email address after reading horror stories about lost emails (this was before we learned our post office was probably a far worse bet - they've already lost one piece of mail and despite our request for a signature and a receipt on our final package the online tracking said we requested neither - although it did say it was delivered). So I guess it's really no AOR for us :(

We definitely have the UCI from his original and current visiting visa, but everytime we call in they say they can't seem to find a file number attached to it (or to the receipt), my biggest fear is that others who didn't give their email from around my time seem to be able to call in and get a file number. The only thing we haven't tried yet is having them look under my name (as a sponsor) instead of his.

Thanks for the information!

I haven't been able to get a file number number out of them by calling in :( Were they just able to find it by looking at your receipt?
I am the sponsor and I was able to get that File number by telling my details along with the receipt number. Give that a try.

jayjay27

May 1, 2014
Hi everyone,

My spouse and I are also preparing for an inland application. We are almost done we the forms/documents, however I still have 2 concerns that I would like to ask here. This forum is really of help to everyone. For inland application, we only need 2 photos for the applicant, right? What do we need to write at the back then? Another thing, is the client number in the permanent resident card the same as the client number that should be filled out in IMM1344? I'd appreciate anyone who can help me on these.

canusa2014

Aug 28, 2014
sophieee said:
I know it's too late for this kind of advise, but you should have applied outland. Someone who applied in May have already got her PR. With inland it's recommended to not leave Canada. A lot of people go for a vacation, or go for the States with no problem, but if the officer you are dealing with has a bad day and decide not to let you re-entry, then you can't complete your inland app and have to re-apply outland.
Have you applied for an OWP along with your PR app? If yes, than you will be fine until you get AIP; if not, than you need to apply for visitor extension before your current one expires.
As for your AOR, you should have got one, but maybe it was sent to your lawyer's email address. You can call CIC and ask for you file# and UCI.
We didn't really leave a lot of time to do the outland process. We started emailing in early May, met in person in June, got engaged in early July and were married in August! It was a whirlwind romance, so we were advised that our best option was to apply inland.

What is OWP?