+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Simkr

Jul 25, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can enroll her part time ESL course (much cheaper than full time). by doing so she can maintain study permit until Nov 15. by then, she ll get PR. we did the same though my wife's visa is valid only for 8 months though she finished her ESL courses in 6 months. for rest 2 months, i enrolled her a part time ESL course (which is gonna finish soon). She recently got an opportunity to pursue master's degree (which she can start as earliest as by next month). she ll be on implied status since we included OWP. we were not sure about implied status therefore we also applied visitor visa (as someone in this forum also suggested better to have legal status).

civic said:
My wife study permit will be expired November 2015 but we decided that she will stop going to school (for ESL) until her PR is finalized because we just bought a new house and living on one source of income now. Do we need to change to visitor status (she submitted OWP with PR app and got AOR).

Please help us with your advices. Will she be in trouble if she doesnt go to school?

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
So, I'm an American and because of these terrible delays that have been goin' on, we're seriously considering withdrawing the app and applying outland. I just feel so hopeless right now because who even knows how long it will be until we're all landed?! Does it seem unreasonable to want to apply outland? Am I wasting my time? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
msbozick said:
So, I'm an American and because of these terrible delays that have been goin' on, we're seriously considering withdrawing the app and applying outland. I just feel so hopeless right now because who even knows how long it will be until we're all landed?! Does it seem unreasonable to want to apply outland? Am I wasting my time? I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO.
You would be better served to withdraw and apply outland unless there is a pressing necessity that requires you to file INLAND.

Being a US citizen, and if your application / relationship is clean, you can likely expect your application to be fully processed and you get your COPR in roughly 5-6 months, maybe even sooner based on the current trend.

The short answer is NO, it is not unreasonable to want to apply outland. I, myself would've applied outland if I understood the process then as I understand it now. LOL

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Alurra71 said:
You would be better served to withdraw and apply outland unless there is a pressing necessity that requires you to file INLAND.

Being a US citizen, and if your application / relationship is clean, you can likely expect your application to be fully processed and you get your COPR in roughly 5-6 months, maybe even sooner based on the current trend.

The short answer is NO, it is not unreasonable to want to apply outland. I, myself would've applied outland if I understood the process then as I understand it now. LOL
When we applied, we chose inland because the whole process was faster than if we would be transferred for an interview in the US. But now I regret not going with outland in the first place. It's just so overwhelming you know, because you think you're doing the right thing and you put so much time and effort into the application only to find out you've made a very bad choice and now we're faced with the prospect of doing it ALL over again! I feel like I know the inland process so well now and I don't even know where to start with outland. GAH

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
msbozick said:
When we applied, we chose inland because the whole process was faster than if we would be transferred for an interview in the US. But now I regret not going with outland in the first place. It's just so overwhelming you know, because you think you're doing the right thing and you put so much time and effort into the application only to find out you've made a very bad choice and now we're faced with the prospect of doing it ALL over again! I feel like I know the inland process so well now and I don't even know where to start with outland. GAH
Maybe it's a good a idea to wait two more weeks, you can still getting know the outland process, gathering documents, filling out forms, but put a hold on the withdrawing till the second week of September. If CIC starts to work, than maybe it worth to stay put and wait to the inland process; if they don't start to (really) work in September, than go outland. But I understand that you really don't want to put so much work to the outland process and still waiting inland. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud...

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
I'm surprised to see so many people switching over to outland - but at the same time it feels that with this move to Mississauga everything is unpredictable. Part of me thinks it will be at least a year still until we even see an AIP, and the other part is secretly thinks that it will hit some sort of breaking point and speed up a bit. I guess with the outland things might be a bit more concrete (although Italy went from 3 years when we started 6 months ago to 13 months now, so go figure).

We're going to try and call again tomorrow to see if they can find an AoR, but they have already looked through his name, his UCI, and the receipt...I'm really just hoping the receipt is lagging behind like ecas does, but I really have no idea. He's going to try with my name next time as that seems to be the only thing they did not try (although if anyone has any suggestions that would be great!)

Honestly, if they ended up loosing our documents or something crazy, I think we'll seriously consider an outland. I'm seriously concerned when Italian bureaucracy is running more efficiently than Canadian though ;)

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
sophieee said:
Maybe it's a good a idea to wait two more weeks, you can still getting know the outland process, gathering documents, filling out forms, but put a hold on the withdrawing till the second week of September. If CIC starts to work, than maybe it worth to stay put and wait to the inland process; if they don't start to (really) work in September, than go outland. But I understand that you really don't want to put so much work to the outland process and still waiting inland. I don't know, I'm just thinking out loud...
Yeah, I'm still gonna wait a few weeks. I'd need to get my meds and my police clearance, too. Why do you think September will give us more information? Like I said before, I just don't know what to do!!

petitemimi

Mar 4, 2014
Monkeyfish said:
You're very kind, Smsm. Thank you. I will definitely call the PP in Toronto and also keep looking for whatever else I can find. We're certainly not wealthy enough to afford all the bills on our own. I appreciate all your helpful suggestions!
Have you tried to go to RAMQ office in down town? I faced a similar situation like you last year being pregnant and still not having my PR, they were very helpful and gave me some useful advise. I am not mistaken (but please do go there and check) if you have applied and you already received your CSQ (which I think at this stage you have not, I assumed??) You can actually be covered by the RAMQ for your pregnancy. If you have not received your CSQ but you have your AOR, I remembered they also gave me some way out but you have to come there and show them the letter. I also would advise you to go there together with your spouse/sponsor. Let me know how it goes. If it does not work out, I can give you some tips how to minimize your cost. In my case, I was not eligible to be covered by RAMQ at the end. But we managed to get some works around.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
petitemimi said:
Have you tried to go to RAMQ office in down town? I faced a similar situation like you last year being pregnant and still not having my PR, they were very helpful and gave me some useful advise. I am not mistaken (but please do go there and check) if you have applied and you already received your CSQ (which I think at this stage you have not, I assumed??) You can actually be covered by the RAMQ for your pregnancy. If you have not received your CSQ but you have your AOR, I remembered they also gave me some way out but you have to come there and show them the letter. I also would advise you to go there together with your spouse/sponsor. Let me know how it goes. If it does not work out, I can give you some tips how to minimize your cost. In my case, I was not eligible to be covered by RAMQ at the end. But we managed to get some works around.
Petitemimi, thank you very much for your suggestions! My husband and I are planning to take our AOR to RAMQ next week to find out if they can help. I'm not expecting to be covered, as we have not gotten CSQ yet either, but I will keep you posted either way. I appreciate your help. :)

jbaia

Star Member
May 14, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2014
AOR Received.
14-05-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2014
My husband's visa extension will expire in October (and if all goes well, we 'll have AIP in January - fingers crossed!!). Anyway, since he'll be apply for OWP as soon as we get AIP, do we have to apply for another TRV extension for November and December? Or will he somehow have implied status????? Or is it better to just apply for the TRV and then apply for the OWP (don't really want to spend all the $$).

???

Thanks!

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
jbaia said:
My husband's visa extension will expire in October (and if all goes well, we 'll have AIP in January - fingers crossed!!). Anyway, since he'll be apply for OWP as soon as we get AIP, do we have to apply for another TRV extension for November and December? Or will he somehow have implied status????? Or is it better to just apply for the TRV and then apply for the OWP (don't really want to spend all the $$).
Implied status only applies to existing PENDING temporary applications. That's why the advice is to submit the OWP as part of the PR application package - in that case, the OWP application is "pending" and the applicant has implied status. Without a pending temporary application there is no implied status.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
msbozick said:
Yeah, I'm still gonna wait a few weeks. I'd need to get my meds and my police clearance, too. Why do you think September will give us more information? Like I said before, I just don't know what to do!!
You would only need to file a new FBI clearance (along with any other countries clearances you are required to have). You can use your previous medical for new application provided it is not more than 12 months old.

The ONLY reason I suggested for you, as a US applicant to withdraw and file outland is BECAUSE you are a US applicant. I cant say how other countries are handling their current applications as I haven't been paying attention to them. I can however note that many of the US applicants that filed outland are landing and receiving their COPR in as little as 3 months, the average being somewhere between 4 and 5 months.

Why are you concerned about an interview? Is there something in your relationship that you feel would trigger an interview? If you have strong reasons, then I suggest you stay the course you are currently on as you would be required to travel to likely LA if there were problems. If you only THINK there might be an issue, it might not be as big an issue as you think. Did that make any sense at all?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
msbozick said:
People who are here for a longer time says that the summer is always slow. This time is different, because CIC is slowing down (or rather not working at all) since February, but still, there is a hope that when vacations end we will see some improvement in the processing time.

karthicbaboo

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Halifax, NS
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey All,

After 2 times of TRV denial for my wife, Finally she got TRV visa today & am planning to get inland PR processed.So Please guide me what to do. what will happen, She can live in canada for 6 months and then what can we do, cross border (US ?) and that extends her visiting ?

Please help

People who brought them in TRV must have done this process , Correct.