File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
tomtomato said:
Guys,

Has anyone received AOR who sent out their application in early Feb? Our application was received on Feb 10th.

This morning, my wife called CIC regarding the current status on her PR. The agent said don't expect anything within 3 to 4 month after sending the application, not 7 to 8 month like some of the other agents.....The strange thing is, he said he did not find any record of her and her application, but somehow, give her a client ID number? This to me is very confusing, isn't client ID only given out once they open the application? if they did open the application, why the agent couldn't find any records? Just try to figure out roughly, where we are at, in this lengthy, painful process.

Her visa extension was sent out on April 7th online, and still nothing from CIC, which is also super furstrating.

I strongly believe CIC is not the right organization, government body to do this, and outsourcing to a private company who operates more effeciently, and CHEAPER, would do all of us good.

Thanks,
Tom

Hi Tom,

Check the Inland 2014 spreadsheet, https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0ArK2RVjQ5v59dFlqaGRPN3JxaGY4Nk9ucTZxV1Z0NEE&usp=sharing and you can see how far along CIC are with issuing AORs. Yours in theory should arrive within the next week providing nothing is missing.
And the UCI client ID is probably your wife's preexisting one, it doesn't mean that they have processed her application.

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
Smsm81 said:
Maxlet Congrats for finishing your process.
How was your landing Intv in Montreal ?
hi! didnt saw this post before, but i answered you by inbox :D
god bless, good luck

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
My Application was originally sent out December 31, 2013 and Arrived January 3, 2014 at Vegreville

My application was then returned 3 months later as 1 small document was out of date....(annoying)

I sent the application back on March 3rd, 2014 and it arrived on March 4th, 2014

Technically I should of been put right at the top of the pile to continued being processed and to also receive AOR as originally it arrived on January 3 however it just looks like they treated my application like a new one, quite annoying I lost over 3 months of processing....

All I want is my AOR and Ill feel safer.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
So as some of you who signed the petition that civic posted might know, a reporter at the Toronto Star is working on a story about the affected couples dealing with the exorbitant waiting periods from the CIC.

I wrote to the reporter and shared my personal story, and he wrote back asking if I'd be willing to be identified on the news, with a phone interview and a photo of my husband and I.

Now I have a question for you guys. Do you think that identifying ourselves and making a stink will in any way harm our application process, considering our application has not even been opened yet?

Would be very interested in hearing your feedback!

Thanks!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monkeyfish said:
So as some of you who signed the petition that civic posted might know, a reporter at the Toronto Star is working on a story about the affected couples dealing with the exorbitant waiting periods from the CIC.

I wrote to the reporter and shared my personal story, and he wrote back asking if I'd be willing to be identified on the news, with a phone interview and a photo of my husband and I.

Now I have a question for you guys. Do you think that identifying ourselves and making a stink will in any way harm our application process, considering our application has not even been opened yet?

Would be very interested in hearing your feedback!

Thanks!
I don't think there should be a problem with that. If your case has exceeded the reasonable processing time standard, telling your story on the media will help yourself and many other affected couples. Toronto Star is one of the largest news agency in Canada. CIC doesn't care who you appear to be on the news, they care about the message we send to them. People with immigration issues appear on the news with their names and photos all the time. This is a big immigration issue too.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
no updates this week i guess. hoping for mid feb gang to get a response soon.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
Thanks, civic, for your response!

As far as my personal case, I don't know if processing times have exceeded what is considered reasonable yet. My application wasn't received til April 28, so I suspect I'm still within a reasonable waiting period. Would it still be worthwhile going on the record?

tomtomato

Star Member
Mar 14, 2013
thanks Alicia13. By checking this spread sheet, by estimate, we should be getting it soon, fingers arossed.

I was just getting little excited about getting a client id then realize that she probably has one from her original visa application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
My Application was originally sent out December 31, 2013 and Arrived January 3, 2014 at Vegreville

My application was then returned 3 months later as 1 small document was out of date....(annoying)

I sent the application back on March 3rd, 2014 and it arrived on March 4th, 2014

Technically I should of been put right at the top of the pile to continued being processed and to also receive AOR as originally it arrived on January 3 however it just looks like they treated my application like a new one, quite annoying I lost over 3 months of processing....

All I want is my AOR and Ill feel safer.
Well, it was your responsibility to ensure that you were sending the latest version of the forms. I nearly made the same mistake but, fortunately, checked the CIC website the morning that I was mailing my application. Since CIC did not simply ask you for an updated version of the `small document [form]', it must not have been seen as a small document to CIC.

Since your application was returned, you did NOT deserve to be put back on top when you resubmitted your application with the updated form, sorry.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Well, it was your responsibility to ensure that you were sending the latest version of the forms. I nearly made the same mistake but, fortunately, checked the CIC website the morning that I was mailing my application. Since CIC did not simply ask you for an updated version of the `small document [form]', it must not have been seen as a small document to CIC.

Since your application was returned, you did NOT deserve to be put back on top when you resubmitted your application with the updated form, sorry.
Yeah it was my Lawyers fault and he paid for my Restoration fees because of that.

The way I see it is that my application was no different from other peoples applications that get put on 'hold' when the applicants are told to submit their police checks and medicals. Their applications are not put to the bottom of the piles just put into a temporary holding where as mine was basically treated as a new application.

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Ponga said:

I couldn't believe how many forms had changed from when I started my application (Nov) to when I was ready to mail them (early Feb), I had to go through everything and completely rewrite 3-4 of them.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
Yeah it was my Lawyers fault and he paid for my Restoration fees because of that.

The way I see it is that my application was no different from other peoples applications that get put on 'hold' when the applicants are told to submit their police checks and medicals. Their applications are not put to the bottom of the piles just put into a temporary holding where as mine was basically treated as a new application.
You're missing the point.

Your application was RETURNED since CIC found that you had submitted an outdated form. This is in no way similar to an applicant that has received AIP and have now been asked for medical or PCC by CIC.

Unfortunately, your lawyer needs to own this...not CIC.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

You may want to update your profile info to reflect the new March 4th submitted application date, not January 2nd date. Does this mean you had to resubmit a new Police Report since it was 3 months later your application got returned? Will your lawyer compensate you for the cost of re-doing your police report?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Monkeyfish said:
Thanks, civic, for your response!

As far as my personal case, I don't know if processing times have exceeded what is considered reasonable yet. My application wasn't received til April 28, so I suspect I'm still within a reasonable waiting period. Would it still be worthwhile going on the record?
IMHO, no. As long as the processing time has not grown from whatever was listed AT THE TIME YOU APPLIED, I don't believe any complaints will even be heard.