+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
You may want to update your profile info to reflect the new March 4th submitted application date, not January 2nd date. Does this mean you had to resubmit a new Police Report since it was 3 months later your application got returned? Will your lawyer compensate you for the cost of re-doing your police report?
I sent my police report and medical at the same time of my application but they are without a doubt out of date, I am just going to wait for them to ask me.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:
I sent my police report and medical at the same time of my application but they are without a doubt out of date, I am just going to wait for them to ask me.
Your medical won't be out of date as they are good for 1 year after you had your medical done. They may end up asking you to redo your medical down the road or may extend your medical validation time.

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
by the way about police report.
I received it in June in my country (Russia), in July I entered Canada as visitor (multiple visitor visa). Then in December we flew to Hawaii for Christmas for 2 weeks and I reentered Canada on December 30th. And I applied for PR from Canada at the end of January. Will be my police report valid? I have not been in my country since the beginning of July, so I will not be able to make any criminal affairs :) How strict are they usual with police reports?

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Ponga said:
IMHO, no. As long as the processing time has not grown from whatever was listed AT THE TIME YOU APPLIED, I don't believe any complaints will even be heard.
I don’t believe that any complaints will be heard till CIC not stating that they are working on applications received when yours was received. I mean, it makes sense, that the estimated time that was listed when you applied is the one which applies you, still, I don’t think that’s the way it’s working.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Rusalka said:
by the way about police report.
I received it in June in my country (Russia), in July I entered Canada as visitor (multiple visitor visa). Then in December we flew to Hawaii for Christmas for 2 weeks and I reentered Canada on December 30th. And I applied for PR from Canada at the end of January. Will be my police report valid? I have not been in my country since the beginning of July, so I will not be able to make any criminal affairs :) How strict are they usual with police reports?
Police certificates are valid for 3 months, I don't know how strict is CIC, but if I were you, I would ask the Russian consulate about the process of getting a new one. Yours was already invalid for 4 months when you applied.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sophieee said:
Police certificates are valid for 3 months, I don't know how strict is CIC, but if I were you, I would ask the Russian consulate about the process of getting a new one. Yours was already invalid for 4 months when you applied.
Agreed!

Kieath

Feb 26, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-14
AOR Received.
n/a (mail requested)
Med's Request
07-02-15
We just got our visa extension in and received 1 year! Our first time he only received 3 months, and we were nervous about having to renew it every 3 months after hearing that a lot of people were getting that too. It's just a lot of stress and frustration every time, and it's just nice to receive good news for once. We only asked for 6 months, so I'm insanely happy. I'm also not quite sure what it means - maybe they're realizing it's taking longer than normal and being generous? Either way I'd completely recommend asking for 6 months for those who have an extension renewal coming up.

Blissy_78

May 9, 2013
Hi,

Our application was received in Vegreville on Feb 03 when i called Canada Post to track the mail. I thought i could still put a stop to it and have the mail returned to me as supposedly it should be sent out to Missisauga. I was worried back then because of the wrong address i sent it to and nobody from CIC call center was able to confirm whether it would be forwarded to Missisauga or the application will be returned to me. They even advised me to resend an application which i did not do. I decided to just wait and by God's grace, i had a sigh of relief when i received an email from CIC of my Application number last May 17th, with the application date received as Feb 03.

Now i am just waiting for my OWP as i included it in the PR application.

Hopefully your application number would be emailed anytime soon :)

tomtomato said:
Guys,

Has anyone received AOR who sent out their application in early Feb? Our application was received on Feb 10th.

This morning, my wife called CIC regarding the current status on her PR. The agent said don't expect anything within 3 to 4 month after sending the application, not 7 to 8 month like some of the other agents.....The strange thing is, he said he did not find any record of her and her application, but somehow, give her a client ID number? This to me is very confusing, isn't client ID only given out once they open the application? if they did open the application, why the agent couldn't find any records? Just try to figure out roughly, where we are at, in this lengthy, painful process.

Her visa extension was sent out on April 7th online, and still nothing from CIC, which is also super furstrating.

I strongly believe CIC is not the right organization, government body to do this, and outsourcing to a private company who operates more effeciently, and CHEAPER, would do all of us good.

Thanks,
Tom

Chi0180

Mar 19, 2014
Hello Inlanders,

I hope everyone is having a good time despite the long (and frustrating) wait for our AOR's/AIP's. I have a question regarding studying here in Canada.

What I know is once the AIP has been approved and received (Step 1), applicants may now claim health benefits (OHIP for Ontario) and apply for an open work permit. How about if one wants to study while waiting for Step 2 to finish? In this case, can someone with AIP enroll as regular student or he will still be considered as international student?

In addition, I need to take high school subjects as pre-requisites for bachelor's degree. Would you know adult learning center/s who accepts someone whose immigration papers are still on-process?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Chi

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Got a question here. I know it has been talked about before. Just want clarification here.

With the mississauga cic office now accepting PR sponsorship and no longer accepting OWP application at same time, when or how does one apply for OWP application? After you get AIP or can you submit it at same time as PR application but at 2 different places?

I just wanted to know exactly what it entails here. It has been a little foggy in the subject with the new changes.

Screech339

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
screech339 said:
Got a question here. I know it has been talked about before. Just want clarification here.

With the mississauga cic office now accepting PR sponsorship and no longer accepting OWP application at same time, when or how does one apply for OWP application? After you get AIP or can you submit it at same time as PR application but at 2 different places?

I just wanted to know exactly what it entails here. It has been a little foggy in the subject with the new changes.

Screech339
Was it ever proven that you cannot send OWP with the application after the switch?

The wording on the website has not changed since the shift, I don't think:
As a general practice, we will advise applicants in writing when they are eligible to apply for a work or study permit.

However, if an applicant already holds a work or study permit and wants to maintain his or her temporary resident status, the applicant may apply to extend his or her status before receiving our letter. Regardless of whether the application is submitted before or after receiving our letter, refer to the guides for Applying to Change Conditions or Extend Your Stay in Canada
From http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5289ETOC.asp

In any case, you can just apply for a working permit the normal way after AIP, if you don't send it with the application.

ottawahd

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

The answer to your first question is that in Ontario, you would pay domestic tuition fee after AIP. Also, if you have been married for more than three years, you automatically get domestic tuition fee without AIP. Do not know the answer to the second one.

Chi0180 said:
Hello Inlanders,

I hope everyone is having a good time despite the long (and frustrating) wait for our AOR's/AIP's. I have a question regarding studying here in Canada.

What I know is once the AIP has been approved and received (Step 1), applicants may now claim health benefits (OHIP for Ontario) and apply for an open work permit. How about if one wants to study while waiting for Step 2 to finish? In this case, can someone with AIP enroll as regular student or he will still be considered as international student?

In addition, I need to take high school subjects as pre-requisites for bachelor's degree. Would you know adult learning center/s who accepts someone whose immigration papers are still on-process?

I appreciate your response.

Thanks,
Chi

May 29, 2014
I'm a newbie. Hi everyone! This is a great forum! Thanks everyone for helping everyone waiting-in-line out!

I'm in Canada on a 3-year Worker Visa expiring October 2015. I arrived Oct 2012 & married my Canadian spouse who is sponsoring me the same month I landed. My PR application seems to be in Ottawa judging from the email from CIC saying that we can email them back "OttPilot-immigration@cic.gc.ca" if there are any problems documents attached in their email.

Here are my application dates.

Status from CIC Online view status
1. Received your application for permanent residence on July 3, 2013
2. Medical results have been received

Other information
$550 paid on 28 June 2013
$490 landing fee paid February 11, 2014
1st Medical & police report submitted with application on July 3, 2013
2nd Medical, police report & requested pictures submitted April 4, 2014

Does anyone have some experience around how long the wait time might be? Will it be x months counting from July 2013, or, from April 2014 when the 2nd set of medicals, police reports & pictures were requested? Will I possibly have to extend my Worker Visa for a last year?

Again, thanks so much for your help!

Maria, going_nutz :'(

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Blissy_78 said:
Hi,

Our application was received in Vegreville on Feb 03 when i called Canada Post to track the mail. I thought i could still put a stop to it and have the mail returned to me as supposedly it should be sent out to Missisauga. I was worried back then because of the wrong address i sent it to and nobody from CIC call center was able to confirm whether it would be forwarded to Missisauga or the application will be returned to me. They even advised me to resend an application which i did not do. I decided to just wait and by God's grace, i had a sigh of relief when i received an email from CIC of my Application number last May 17th, with the application date received as Feb 03.

Now i am just waiting for my OWP as i included it in the PR application.

Hopefully your application number would be emailed anytime soon :)
Congrats for the AOR!:) Let me know if you want to join to the spreadsheet.