+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

jayjay27

May 1, 2014
Hi guys! I'm happy for those who have already received their AOR. I hope there won't be too much delay this time. My husband and I are still gathering documents and proofs. We plan to submit our application next month. My concern is about providing proofs like chats on Facebook. Do we need to translate our conversations, since our first language is not English? If so, does it need to be certified? Any advice is highly appreciated.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
I have a question

Can I get a drivers license even Im only on a TRV?

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
guyz, what form do you fill for open work permit??

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Guys, what is it AOR? And how do you get it?

I applied from Vancouver at the end of January (25 th approximately).

On March, 20th they sent letter and asked to fulfil one more form :mad: (what is strange and not correct, because this form is for Outlanders), we sent it in a couple of days and... silence....

I see everybody who applied in January received this mysterious AOR. :)
Was anybody asked to provide additional information or only we are so ''lucky''?

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Quick question, if one did not apply for OWP together with initial application, can one be able to apply for it after getting AIP? If yes, hw many years of OWP will be given? Am asking because my post grad work permit will be valid till march 2016 and we are planning to launch the sponsorship application soonest.
Thanks all

MaxLet

May 28, 2013
Prevost, Qc
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (Now Montreal)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-03-2013
Doc's Request.
CIC ask for MICC: 14-03-13
Nomination.....
CSQ: 09-05-2013
AOR Received.
14-03-2013
Med's Request
07-01-14
Med's Done....
09-01-14
Interview........
WAIVED!+AIP 07-01-14
Passport Req..
DM: 28-02-14
LANDED..........
15-05-2014
lounge said:
Quick question, if one did not apply for OWP together with initial application, can one be able to apply for it after getting AIP? If yes, hw many years of OWP will be given? Am asking because my post grad work permit will be valid till march 2016 and we are planning to launch the sponsorship application soonest.
Thanks all
hi!
so yeah, you can apply for owp after getting aip :)
normally, owp will have your passport's expiring date.
it confuses me that you say "we are planning to launch the sponsorship application" .. means you havent yet sent your package?

hope it helps,
good luck God bless

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
Rusalka said:
Guys, what is it AOR? And how do you get it?

I applied from Vancouver at the end of January (25 th approximately).

On March, 20th they sent letter and asked to fulfil one more form :mad: (what is strange and not correct, because this form is for Outlanders), we sent it in a couple of days and... silence....

I see everybody who applied in January received this mysterious AOR. :)
Was anybody asked to provide additional information or only we are so ''lucky''?
AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt", it's an email sent to the sponsor basically confirming that your application has been received, is complete and nothing is missing. It gives you a file number too. What form did they say you were missing? CPC-Mississauga doesn't process Outland applications so I don't think they would easily mistake your application for Outland...

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
alicia13 said:
AOR stands for "Acknowledgement of Receipt", it's an email sent to the sponsor basically confirming that your application has been received, is complete and nothing is missing. It gives you a file number too. What form did they say you were missing? CPC-Mississauga doesn't process Outland applications so I don't think they would easily mistake your application for Outland...
Unless I'm mistaken, CPC-M does indeed process outland applications, but only stage 1 (sponsorship approval). After that it's forwarded to the proper outland visa office.

That being said, I'm not sure how likely it is they could confuse an inland for an outland, but it's probably happened. Presumably after it's opened and reviewed, they'd realize where it should be, as the forms differ slightly.

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicia13 said:
thank you for the answer, Alicia!
We sent to Vegreville, as required. But as I understand it was transferred to Missisauga, because the Inquiry came from Mississauga.
And we filled this stupid form for Outlanders how often we speak on phone with my husband-Canadian. After 16 years together, 11 years of marriage and 3 children!!! Try to remember when you first time met his brother, my Mom and so on ???

Rusalka

Star Member
Dec 4, 2013
Vancouver
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
automaton82 said:
Unless I'm mistaken, CPC-M does indeed process outland applications, but only stage 1 (sponsorship approval). After that it's forwarded to the proper outland visa office.

That being said, I'm not sure how likely it is they could confuse an inland for an outland, but it's probably happened. Presumably after it's opened and reviewed, they'd realize where it should be, as the forms differ slightly.
well it happened as I described upper, and now because of this stupid form and mistake of clerk, who opened my files, I still haven't received AOR and my case will be proceeded longer :( It means that we can't travel and visit my parents. It drives me mad :(

michaella1964

Nov 16, 2012
calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-03-2013
AOR Received.
03-04-2013
File Transfer...
AIP 21-01-2014
Med's Request
23-01-2014
hi I have a quick question does CIC ask people for fingersprints very often and if they have a police clearance why do they need fingerprints thanks
::)

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
michaella1964 said:
hi I have a quick question does CIC ask people for fingersprints very often and if they have a police clearance why do they need fingerprints thanks
::)
It seems like something between 5-10% of applicants are asked for fingerprints. This is used when biographical data partially matches someone with a criminal record. The finger prints are then used to distinguish the person with the criminal record from the applicant.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Rusalka said:
thank you for the answer, Alicia!
We sent to Vegreville, as required. But as I understand it was transferred to Missisauga, because the Inquiry came from Mississauga.
And we filled this stupid form for Outlanders how often we speak on phone with my husband-Canadian. After 16 years together, 11 years of marriage and 3 children!!! Try to remember when you first time met his brother, my Mom and so on ???
Have you called them? Maybe this is just a mistake and you can clear it on phone - or at least know a little more about what happening with your file. If they can give you an UCI, or file#, maybe you can check your app in e-cas.