May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
randhawa_a said:
The AOR email come in inbox or in spam folder?
sponsor's inbox, not the spam folder (for me)

2Rxist

Jul 18, 2013
ml1535 said:
WOW!!! ;D
This is such amazing news! I am so happy for you :)

When did you send out your application, and when was it received? Just so that some of us can get an idea of who is next!

CONGRATS!
We sent it direct to the Mississauga office January 20 2014 and it was received Jan 23, all the info is on the 2014 inland spreadsheet.

Also it came to the inbox!

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

One of the reasons my fiance and I (engaged last December 2013) are getting married civil marriage is because of cost, another is because his older sister is also getting married and and his family does not want us to have a reception before her.

We plan to get married at the city hall with both our parents there but have our reception 4 or 5 months later so that his sister can have her complete wedding (ceremony and reception) in September.

Time line :

August - our marriage (city Hall)
September- His sister's wedding
Maybe December - Our wedding reception

We plan to submit our application for PR in September. Would this affect our application in anyway?

If the application for PR has already been submitted and we have our reception later in December 2014 or January 2015 , do we need to send in additional info and pictures? If so, how do we go about doing so?

Has anyone been in this situation?

Thanks!!

qbncouple

Mar 2, 2014
Hello Blossom318,

My wife and I never had an actual ceremony we got married in city hall, both our families live outside of Canada and cannot travel withouth visas etc, so a big hassle. we are hoping to go back to our native countries and have a ceremony once she gets her landed. we explained it on the application. we snet pictures of our city hall wedding with the witnesses and friend that attended, pictures of our modest honeymoon. I have not received AOR yet, but everyone I consulted including immigration lawyer mentionied there should be no problem.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hey there!
I didn't use a lawyer to prep my application however, a week before sending my application, I coughed up $200 and had a lawyer "review" my application for any mistakes. I had a couple so I'm glad I invested. The full application was gonna cost $2500 (not including the CIC fee)! So I did everything by myself and the lawyer was pretty impressed and said that I was basically all set except for a couple of issues in the forms I had filled. If you want more help with this, let me know :)

Blossom318 said:
Thanks Azarme09!,

Did you apply through a lawyer? We want to apply through a lawyer so that way, we won't leave out anything that is critical to the application.

:)

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
That's a decision you will have to make. I applied Inland because I do not want to get in the hassle of traveling back home etc and don't wanna get stuck in the visa renewal process here.

Blossom318 said:
Thanks everyone!

So I called an immigration consultant. They said that I can apply OUTLAND even though both of us lives and works in Canada.

Has anyone tried that? How does that work or how did it work out?

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
I am a February applicant and we never received any AOR as of yet...I hope they will start looking at our files pretty soon and there's no outdated documents in the application.

Good luck to all of us ;)

atticusfinch

Star Member
Feb 11, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
15.05.2014 (after 105 days!)
Med's Done....
Sent with app
This is GREAT news everyone!... hoping we'll hear from them this coming week & that everything is ok with our forms. Will be absolutely gutted if they send it back to us with 3 months + of waiting.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
azarme09 said:
That's a decision you will have to make. I applied Inland because I do not want to get in the hassle of traveling back home etc and don't wanna get stuck in the visa renewal process here.
Agree, even that I'm from a visa-exempt country, I didn't want to risk that if I need to fly back to my country, it wouldn't be granted that they will let me back, and it could be trickier with the visa extension as well. And the waiting time in my original visa office is 14 months, so hopefully I will get OWP sooner with an inland app.
If your home country’s waiting time is 9-10 months or less, that’s a different story, than perhaps it’s worth to go outland.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
hey sophieee, are you able to view the data on e-cas yet? wonder how long it takes them to update the system.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
chakrab said:
hey sophieee, are you able to view the data on e-cas yet? wonder how long it takes them to update the system.
Yes, sorry, I wrote it on an other topic, on Tuesday I was able to log in with both the sponsor and the applicant data.

dassine2013

Feb 21, 2014
sophieee said:
Yes, sorry, I wrote it on an other topic, on Tuesday I was able to log in with both the sponsor and the applicant data.

I sent my application on January 10, my data is in E-CAS system since April 25 but haven't received AOR yet. Does it mean that there is a problem with my application and perhaps they would send it back, that's why they didn't send an AOR or is it just a question of time? That's really stress me . ???

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Call them and see what they say?

dassine2013 said:
I sent my application on January 10, my data is in E-CAS system since April 25 but haven't received AOR yet. Does it mean that there is a problem with my application and perhaps they would send it back, that's why they didn't send an AOR or is it just a question of time? That's really stress me . ???