+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2014

lheenj

Star Member
Dec 14, 2011
Hello Guys

I have some question.

I'm PR and my husband is on work permit status. We are now gathering all the documents for spousal application + OWP. My husband work permit will expired this Aug 2014. We are planning to submit the application by the end of this month. But the problem we need to wait for the police certificate from USA and Philippines. Can we send our application without the police certificate and we send it right away once we had it? or do we need to wait for the certificate we are running too late since his work permit will be expired soon. Thanks for the advice.

valerie1

Apr 29, 2014
azarme09 said:
Not necessarily. My husband and I got married without our parents being there. We had some opposition as well. Just make sure to explain as much as you can on a separate sheet of paper when you file the application.

[quote aut0hor=zardoz link=topic=179207.msg3107168#msg3107168 date=1399370668]
Maybe some delay as they double check your history, but I don't see it being a long term problem.
I am SO glad that I have an absolutely wonderful mother-in-law....
[/quote]
lucky you. mine's a nut job. i'm not the first person (or second or third or fourth or so on) she has bullied to remain in control of her children and everything lol.

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Hey guys!! Despite setbacks we've just paid our fee and we're sending our app tomorrow!!!!! I just have one last question. On the payment receipt when it asks for payer information, who do we list? I'm the applicant but we used my spouses card for payment. Do we put me or him? Does it matter?

ahhhh so excited!

omariewk1

Star Member
Mar 14, 2014
alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
Med's Done....
July 20 2015
Interview........
SA March 24th 2016
Passport Req..
DM March 31st 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Landing Date recieved April 6th 2016
LANDED..........
19-04-2016
do you pay online or at the bank? because im going to pay my fees tomorrow but I don't know how to go about doing so. I will be paying it at my bank.

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Hi everyone,

My fiance and I knew each other since high school but he came to Canada 9 years ago and currently holds Canadian citizenship. I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in 2013, currently working full time and on Post-Grad work permit. We've dated for over two years before he proposed.

My fiance and I are planning to get married through civil marriage at city hall/town centre in the next three months. I was wondering if anyone has gotten married like that and has applied for PR. We can't afford a large wedding or reception because we had purchased a home together.

How should I go about applying for PR for me with my fiance and what special points should I take note of?

Has anyone been in similar situation?

Thanks alot!

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Send the application right away. You can mail the police checks later with a letter stating your UCI, DOB, full names, & date+tracking number of your previously posted application.

lheenj said:
Hello Guys

I have some question.

I'm PR and my husband is on work permit status. We are now gathering all the documents for spousal application + OWP. My husband work permit will expired this Aug 2014. We are planning to submit the application by the end of this month. But the problem we need to wait for the police certificate from USA and Philippines. Can we send our application without the police certificate and we send it right away once we had it? or do we need to wait for the certificate we are running too late since his work permit will be expired soon. Thanks for the advice.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
My husband & I had a civil ceremony. We explained the circumstances (we both were divorced & this is not our first marriage). We explained our financial restrictions + family opposition.
We attached photos starting from the first day we met. We also attached skype screenshots, emails, whatsapp chats, text messages, and letters from friends and some supportive family members.
I also scanned birthday cards + attached pictures of gifts we have given each other. We had a pretty solid application.

Blossom318 said:
Hi everyone,

My fiance and I knew each other since high school but he came to Canada 9 years ago and currently holds Canadian citizenship. I came to Canada as an international student and graduated in 2013, currently working full time and on Post-Grad work permit. We've dated for over two years before he proposed.

My fiance and I are planning to get married through civil marriage at city hall/town centre in the next three months. I was wondering if anyone has gotten married like that and has applied for PR. We can't afford a large wedding or reception because we had purchased a home together.

How should I go about applying for PR for me with my fiance and what special points should I take note of?

Has anyone been in similar situation?

Thanks alot!

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks Azarme09!,

Did you apply through a lawyer? We want to apply through a lawyer so that way, we won't leave out anything that is critical to the application.

:)

azarme09 said:
My husband & I had a civil ceremony. We explained the circumstances (we both were divorced & this is not our first marriage). We explained our financial restrictions + family opposition.
We attached photos starting from the first day we met. We also attached skype screenshots, emails, whatsapp chats, text messages, and letters from friends and some supportive family members.
I also scanned birthday cards + attached pictures of gifts we have given each other. We had a pretty solid application.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Blossom318 said:
Thanks Azarme09!,

Did you apply through a lawyer? We want to apply through a lawyer so that way, we won't leave out anything that is critical to the application.

:)
If you have a straightforward application, meaning no `red flags', or issues that could be problematic, IMHO, you really should consider either using an immigration consultant, or better yet...submitting the application yourself.

While an experienced lawyer can certainly make the process easier, there's no reason why you cannot find the help and support that you will need here, to do-it-yourself...and save a ton of $$$.

There have been cases reported here where their lawyer made some pretty serious mistakes. :-\

Blossom318

Star Member
Mar 26, 2014
Thanks everyone!

So I called an immigration consultant. They said that I can apply OUTLAND even though both of us lives and works in Canada.

Has anyone tried that? How does that work or how did it work out?

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
omariewk1 said:
do you pay online or at the bank? because im going to pay my fees tomorrow but I don't know how to go about doing so. I will be paying it at my bank.
we did it online with a credit card, so easy! I just don't know who to fill in for the receipt.

2Rxist

Jul 18, 2013
AOR's are coming out!

Finally got AOR today, it was sent to sponsors email!

For all those waiting, there is still hope, don't worry!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

ml1535

Mar 1, 2014
WOW!!! ;D
This is such amazing news! I am so happy for you :)

When did you send out your application, and when was it received? Just so that some of us can get an idea of who is next!

CONGRATS!

alicia13

Oct 24, 2011
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
6-Aug-2014
AOR Received.
28-Oct-2014
File Transfer...
14-Oct-2014
Passport Req..
19-Nov-2014
LANDED..........
1-Dec-2014
2Rxist said:
AOR's are coming out!

That's great news :)
Congratulations

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
2Rxist said:
AOR's are coming out!

Congrats!:) They definitely working:)