Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
nanovecento said:
Hi Friends,

First of all,happy new years to members.

I have been legally married with Canadian Citizen (Her parents, grandparents both born in Canada ) for two years,and we have 12 mounth of daughter.
My wife and I got married in my homeland and 6 months ago she decided to go back to Canada with our kid and start working there.

Now I decided to move there and she will be a family sponspor to me resident permit (RP). (she is already eligible to become a sponsor)

My question is, should I apply to visa in my homeland or I have a two year multiple visa then start RP. application in Canada?
Which way is easier and logical? I am eligible to get RP too(enough work experience, good IELTS score, clean criminal history, B.Sc degree, UK, germany, spain, austria, portugal visas, etc.).
Your expriences are so important for me to start my application in right way.
Thank you in advance.
You should post this in a separate thread, otherwise you dilute this thread which is dedicated to 2014 inland PR apps.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
nanovecento said:
Hi Friends,

First of all,happy new years to members.

I have been legally married with Canadian Citizen (Her parents, grandparents both born in Canada ) for two years,and we have 12 mounth of daughter.
My wife and I got married in my homeland and 6 months ago she decided to go back to Canada with our kid and start working there.

Now I decided to move there and she will be a family sponspor to me resident permit (RP). (she is already eligible to become a sponsor)

My question is, should I apply to visa in my homeland or I have a two year multiple visa then start RP. application in Canada?
Which way is easier and logical? I am eligible to get RP too(enough work experience, good IELTS score, clean criminal history, B.Sc degree, UK, germany, spain, austria, portugal visas, etc.).
Your expriences are so important for me to start my application in right way.
Thank you in advance.
Hi! Like the other poster said, I think this is the wrong place to be asking. We won't be sure. How about checking the "visitors" forum or the "general" one, you are more likely to get the accurate response there.

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
Hello,
I have questions regarding AOR and the Client ID number.

1 - Who receives AOR, the sponsor or the sponsored ?, And how he receives it.
(by e-mail or postal mail?)

2 - In the case of sponsorship, is the Client ID number for a sponsor different from the one for sponsored?
All information and sugestions will be appreciate.
Cordially.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
Sincey said:
Hello,

2 - In the case of sponsorship, is the Client ID number for a sponsor different from the one for sponsored?
Cordially.
1: sponsor receives AOR by email
2: yes, you each get your own personal UCI number.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
nismopinoy said:
Congrats! Hopefully we will receive our AOR too. :)

Did u received it by email?? Or regular mail??

My husband(sponsor) received the email.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Sincey said:
Hello,

Cordially.
1. My husband(sponsor) received the email for AOR.
2. He got his own UCI in the AOR email.
I do have my UCI as well when I extended my stay as Visitor.

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
Hi to all,
I called the call center this afternoon and I got client ID number,I now have access to my file online .Unfortunately We had still not received the AOR. Nevertheless, CIC start processing my application 4 December 2013.
Thank you for all the informations and sugestions.
Cordially.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Hey guys,
I’m glad to found this forum, I will send my application next week, so exciting…:)
But there is one thing, I’m not sure of, hope you can help me. My visitor status will expire next week, and I don’t know if I have to do something about it. I’m from Hungary, so I can stay 6 months in Canada without a visa. Should I apply to remain in Canada as a temporary resident, or is it obvious that I will stay since I send an inland application? And when should I apply for an open work permit, right know, or just in Step2? It would be a huge help, if someone could answer me for these.
And just one more thing:) Did you request an immigration office via IMM0008? Thanks:)

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
sophieee said:
Hey guys,
I'm glad to found this forum, I will send my application next week, so exciting...:)
But there is one thing, I'm not sure of, hope you can help me. My visitor status will expire next week, and I don't know if I have to do something about it. I'm from Hungary, so I can stay 6 months in Canada without a visa. Should I apply to remain in Canada as a temporary resident, or is it obvious that I will stay since I send an inland application? And when should I apply for an open work permit, right know, or just in Step2? It would be a huge help, if someone could answer me for these.
And just one more thing:) Did you request an immigration office via IMM0008? Thanks:)
Hello Sophie! :)

If you submit an open work permit along with your inland application, you automatically get implied status and therefore don't necessarily need to extend your stay as a visitor. Depending on where in Canada you are, you may be able to obtain health care if you request to extend and get more than 6 months. But you don't have to. Hope this helps!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Line.a said:
Hello Sophie! :)

If you submit an open work permit along with your inland application, you automatically get implied status and therefore don't necessarily need to extend your stay as a visitor. Depending on where in Canada you are, you may be able to obtain health care if you request to extend and get more than 6 months. But you don't have to. Hope this helps!
Thanks a lot, I think I will do as you advised!:)
I'm in Vancouver, BC, and we already asked and was told, that I can't have health care till I get my papers.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
sophieee said:
I'm in Vancouver, BC, and we already asked and was told, that I can't have health care till I get my papers.
Alrighty! So just make sure to send off your papers and the open work permit which is I believe called "change the condition of your stay from visitor to worker" and that will automatically give you implied status :)

hockeyfan

Mar 5, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-03-2013
AOR Received.
15-03-2013
Med's Done....
10-01-2013
Passport Req..
Visa Exempt
VISA ISSUED...
Not yet
LANDED..........
31-05-2014
sophieee said:
Sup Sophiee,

I am in BC too, you may be able to get BC medical through your spouse as long as you provide proof that you sent in your PR application.

Be sure to send in an OWP or extend your visitor visa before your current status expires! If it expires and you haven't sent anything in, then you will be considered out of status and may bring red flags to your application.

Best of luck,

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
We really need something like this but for 2014... whos up for the task

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AlF5vPwhP68bdENmTzlDSmpZTy1TRWdwamtLeURmZXc#gid=0

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
hockeyfan said:
Sup Sophiee,

I am in BC too, you may be able to get BC medical through your spouse as long as you provide proof that you sent in your PR application.

Be sure to send in an OWP or extend your visitor visa before your current status expires! If it expires and you haven't sent anything in, then you will be considered out of status and may bring red flags to your application.

Best of luck,
Hi Hockeyfan, thanks for the info! My husband called them after we received our marriage certificate, but we will try again when we get the AOR.

I will send my papers the exact same day when my 6 months expire. We had to wait to the proof of my husbands 2013 income, because its way better than the year 2012. The bookkeeper said she can give him something this week. Hope this won't be a problem.