10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Line.a said:
Some people get the medical request before they receive the AIP email. I would wait a couple days to a week and then if you haven't heard anything try ask the call centre. If it's ecas you are checking it really doesn't change anything. We got AIP and a medical request but our ecas still says the same.
That's great news, thank you! And we were, indeed, checking the ecas site. Honestly we were totally surprised by the email, we keep checking the Processing Times and at the last update they were just up to February 23, 2013 so we didn't expect it. We're not unhappy with things moving forward of course. ;D

I was wondering, with anyone who's further along in the process, what comes after the medical? Will it be another six months of waiting or will things start moving faster now? Or, is it like everything else and everyone is different?

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
OWP: 25-02-14
LANDED..........
23-07-14
AckTivity said:
That's great news, thank you! And we were, indeed, checking the ecas site. Honestly we were totally surprised by the email, we keep checking the Processing Times and at the last update they were just up to February 23, 2013 so we didn't expect it. We're not unhappy with things moving forward of course. ;D

I was wondering, with anyone who's further along in the process, what comes after the medical? Will it be another six months of waiting or will things start moving faster now? Or, is it like everything else and everyone is different?
You are welcome! :)

In our case, which we applied on February 9th we only got the AIP a day before the 11 month mark, so some cases take longer than others. CIC are a big mystery I have learned to find out! Even calling the call centre can be much confusing, unfortunately! I think the next step is for them to evaluate the medical exam and blood work and what not, and then they will hopefully not put us back in line and wait a further 6-8 months. I think if the medical test is straight forward and there aren't any issues they will schedule us as soon as they can :)

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
I was able to get a medical appointment for next week! I am elated! I assumed it would take a long time. The first clinic I called didn't even make appointments over the phone you had to go in person.

I got another email today saying I had to submit IMM5406. I already did, but I see it's an updated version so I'm assuming that's why I have to do it again? Either way I've already filled it out and will be sending it in today.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Received AOR today!!!

Family Class/ Spousal Sponsorship Inland
Visa office : Vagreville
Mailed app. : Dec 02, 2013
App received : Dec 05, 2013
AOR : Jan 12, 2014
OWP : Mailed together with Application
Meds. : Not done yet

nismopinoy

Oct 16, 2013
Alberta
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-01-2014
AOR Received.
30-01-2014
Med's Done....
19-09-2014
April Fajardo said:
Received AOR today!!!

Family Class/ Spousal Sponsorship Inland
Visa office : Vagreville
Mailed app. : Dec 02, 2013
App received : Dec 05, 2013
AOR : Jan 12, 2014
OWP : Mailed together with Application
Meds. : Not done yet
Congrats! Hopefully we will receive our AOR too. :)

Did u received it by email?? Or regular mail??

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
You usually get AOR sent by email! Also congrats on those who got it :)

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
My application was received on the 25th of nov 2013 and i havnt hotten an AOR yet. should i be worried?? seeing that a few people that sent thiers in december have gotten AOR's :s

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shaqhal said:
My application was received on the 25th of nov 2013 and i havnt hotten an AOR yet. should i be worried?? seeing that a few people that sent thiers in december have gotten AOR's :s
That's quite some time ago. I have seen that some people don't receive AOR at all.. Not sure why, but I would call the call centre to get them to send it out or see if they even received the application package.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Line.a said:
That's quite some time ago. I have seen that some people don't receive AOR at all.. Not sure why, but I would call the call centre to get them to send it out or see if they even received the application package.

Thanks alot. I'll give them a call and see. fingers crossed

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
Hi, I'm in the same case as Shaqhal my application was received ,on October 31, according to canada post and when I called the call centre last week, I was told that I will receive AOR soon. I do not really know if we can trust, the people of Call centre.
if anyone can reassure us.
Cordially.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
Sincey said:
Hi, I'm in the same case as Shaqhal my application was received ,on October 31, according to canada post and when I called the telecentre last week, I was told that I will receive AOR soon. I do not really know if we can trust, the people of telecentre.
if anyone can reassure us.
Cordially.
Yea, its pretty annoying. I came here as a student a while back and my wife is sponsoring me, i'm assuming they havnt sent me an AOR cuz i already have a CID number from when i first got into canada as a student, i think i saw something about that somewhere on this forum a while back, not sure where tho.

Line.a

Champion Member
Nov 23, 2010
Denmark
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-02-13
AOR Received.
27-02-13
Med's Request
08-02-14
Med's Done....
15-03-14
Interview........
Waived!
Passport Req..
Waived!
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
23-07-14
shaqhal said:
Yea, its pretty annoying. I came here as a student a while back and my wife is sponsoring me, i'm assuming they havnt sent me an AOR cuz i already have a CID number from when i first got into canada as a student, i think i saw something about that somewhere on this forum a while back, not sure where tho.
Do you have an UCI number? Try log in with the number that has given in your study permit on this website: https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

Sincey

Dec 30, 2013
Hi, I tried several times, the number that was given on my study permit , but it does not work.
if someone has more intonations or suggestions about it, it can reassure us.
Cordially.

nanovecento

Jan 14, 2014
Hi Friends,

First of all,happy new years to members.

I have been legally married with Canadian Citizen (Her parents, grandparents both born in Canada ) for two years,and we have 12 mounth of daughter.
My wife and I got married in my homeland and 6 months ago she decided to go back to Canada with our kid and start working there.

Now I decided to move there and she will be a family sponspor to me resident permit (RP). (she is already eligible to become a sponsor)

My question is, should I apply to visa in my homeland or I have a two year multiple visa then start RP. application in Canada?
Which way is easier and logical? I am eligible to get RP too(enough work experience, good IELTS score, clean criminal history, B.Sc degree, UK, germany, spain, austria, portugal visas, etc.).
Your expriences are so important for me to start my application in right way.
Thank you in advance.