Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
xandt said:
Second that. Please Google for "CIC manuals ip06-eng.pdf" and read section 5.6. (Somehow the post here doesn't allow me to put in links. Don't know how other people did it.)
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/ip/ip06-eng.pdf

Also, the section in OP 11 Section 24 (which actually defines implied status):

24. Implied status

(Replaces OB 092 – January 15, 2009)

A temporary resident must apply to extend their period of authorized stay before it ends. If they have done so, their period of authorized stay as a temporary resident is extended by law until a
decision is made [R183(5)]. Such a person is considered to have implied status as a temporary resident during that period. If a temporary resident applies for renewal of their work or study permit and their permit expires before a decision is made, R186(u) and R189 (the right to continue working or studying under the same conditions pending a determination of their application for renewal) apply only as long as the person remains in Canada.

A temporary resident with implied status who has left Canada may:
• be allowed to re-enter Canada as a temporary resident, pending a decision on the renewal of their application to study or work in Canada, provided they are TRV exempt as per R190 or on
a multiple-entry visa. They may not resume work or study in Canada until their application for renewal has been granted. For those not able to resume work, they must satisfy the BSO that
they have sufficient means of support. (Note that this applies to foreign nationals who are TRV exempt as per R190(3)(f) and to those on multiple-entry visas.)

• be allowed to apply for a new work or study permit at the port of entry provided they have a right to do so under the Regulations.
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/manuals/op/op11-eng.pdf

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lellen said:
Bottom line is: If I apply for an OWP now, I will be on implied status until a decision is made (AIP, around Jan 2015). Implied status means that I will have to follow the same conditions that I have on my work permit NOW, which is tied to a specific employer. That means I would have to continue working for this employer until January. My contract expires in August, and I doubt they will give me a new contract until January, and I also look forward to the day that I have no more obligations with this employer (they're horrible). However, if they were willing to give me more work until January I think I would take it, given the circumstances. I just know it won't happen either way.
Note: you will be eligible for EI (assuming you have sufficient hours). It is very likely they will refuse your initial application, but you will win on appeal (the case law here is clear: you pay EI, they can't then claim you are unable to collect simply because you had a closed work permit).

It's not ideal, but at least it's some income.

lellen

Mar 20, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 11 2014
AOR Received.
(SA) August 7 2014
File Transfer...
August 21 2014
Med's Done....
May 29 2014
Passport Req..
December 24 2014
VISA ISSUED...
January 2 2015
LANDED..........
17-02-2015
computergeek said:
Note: you will be eligible for EI (assuming you have sufficient hours). It is very likely they will refuse your initial application, but you will win on appeal (the case law here is clear: you pay EI, they can't then claim you are unable to collect simply because you had a closed work permit).

It's not ideal, but at least it's some income.
Wow this sounds cool...I didn't know I could do that! My employer has never asked me for my SIN because it's a freelance contract. I don't know how the operate but I pay my taxes as self-employed, and I charge them by the hour generally but there are some projects for which I've charged a set fee. Can I still apply for EI?

crmalone44

Feb 26, 2014
Hi Everyone,

My work permit expires on July 12. I included my application to "Change Conditions/Extend" with my PR app. My question is whether or not I get OHIP while on implied status. (I am in Ontario). My initial research/gut feeling says it is doubtful.

Any help would be great.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lellen said:
Wow this sounds cool...I didn't know I could do that! My employer has never asked me for my SIN because it's a freelance contract. I don't know how the operate but I pay my taxes as self-employed, and I charge them by the hour generally but there are some projects for which I've charged a set fee. Can I still apply for EI?
If you aren't paying EI tax, then you aren't eligible to apply for EI. Sorry.

Monkeyfish

Star Member
May 12, 2014
I see 3 people on the spreadsheet who submitted their applications directly to Mississauga have now received AOR! Hooray, there is hope! Keep those updates coming!

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Hi,
i just came across this forum and i believe it will help clear my doubt. Here are my questions
1. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and we are getting married in July and we will wait till August before we launch the application. I have OWP till Feb 2016. But when i applied for my TRV back home, i did not include all the name of my siblings but now i want to include all their names in the additional family composition, although they are not accompanying me to Canada. Am confused, can this affect my application?

2. Can Inland PR application via spousal sponsorship be related to my TRV application for verification of information?

Thanks, any advice will be appreciated.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lounge said:
1. My spouse is a Canadian citizen and we are getting married in July and we will wait till August before we launch the application. I have OWP till Feb 2016. But when i applied for my TRV back home, i did not include all the name of my siblings but now i want to include all their names in the additional family composition, although they are not accompanying me to Canada. Am confused, can this affect my application?
Yes, it can, though it seems unlikely to do so (it would require that someone pull your prior application and review it). The real question is why you failed to properly disclose them on your prior application.

lounge said:
2. Can Inland PR application via spousal sponsorship be related to my TRV application for verification of information?
If by "be related" you mean "can they look at that previous application" the answer is yes, though that wouldn't be normal practice unless there was some concern that you had committed misrepresentation.

lounge

Star Member
May 19, 2014
Thanks computergreek, i really appreciate your answer. That means i will just put the name of my siblings i included before in my present application.
Thanks. But by committing misrepresentation, what do you mean. If someone actually committed such, is there any way out?
Thanks alot

jayjay27

May 1, 2014
Hi guys! My husband and I are still gathering documents and proofs. My concern is about providing proofs like chats in Facebook. Do we need to translate our conversations in Facebook, since our first language is not English? If so, does it need to be certified? Any advice is highly appreciated.

computergeek

VIP Member
Jan 31, 2012
Vancouver BC
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-O/LA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-03-2012
AOR Received.
21-06-2012
File Transfer...
21-6-2012
Med's Done....
11-02-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
26-09-2012
VISA ISSUED...
10-10-2012
LANDED..........
13-10-2012
lounge said:
Thanks computergreek, i really appreciate your answer. That means i will just put the name of my siblings i included before in my present application.
Thanks. But by committing misrepresentation, what do you mean. If someone actually committed such, is there any way out?
Thanks alot
My recommendation would be to be truthful always. At this point, you should be truthful in your PR application. If they ask you why the answers differ, you should explain it to them.

So please understand, I'm not advocating that you continue your misrepresentation. I'd actually counsel you to be truthful here.

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Hi everyone,
yesterday i applied to extend my visa which is expiring in june. today i had a message in MyCIC asking for my fingerprints (biometrics collection letter). but i read that if you are in canada you dont need to do that, and when i search there is no place in canada that can do this. Can someone please help me if you have experienced this before? i dont know what i am supposed to do! thanks very much.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
mary63 said:
Hi everyone,
yesterday i applied to extend my visa which is expiring in june. today i had a message in MyCIC asking for my fingerprints (biometrics collection letter). but i read that if you are in canada you dont need to do that, and when i search there is no place in canada that can do this. Can someone please help me if you have experienced this before? i dont know what i am supposed to do! thanks very much.
Try this:
https://www.commissionaires.ca/en/national/service/individual/fingerprinting

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
Thanks, but then how do i send the results to CIC? i guess those visa offices will take care of that but if i go to the place you recommended i dont know how to contact cic to give them the fingerprints. i tried calling cic this morning but they are experiencing high volume of calls and they just terminated my call several times! will try again later.

another interesting thing is that my UCI is different on my visa application. previously i asked here and someone on the forum said UCI wont change over time, but now my UCI is different than my previous UCI that i received for my skilled worker pr application. a bit confused??!!

civic

Mar 19, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPP-M Inland Spouse
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Anyone received AOR from Mississauga after sending application directly to them??? :"(