2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
Call back for another agent...

*Sigh* the incompetence of these people has no ceiling.

hollywoodcory

Star Member
Oct 3, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauaga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-11-2014
Doc's Request.
AIP: 24-02-2016
AOR Received.
25-01-2015 / 16-09-2015
Med's Done....
re-done 06-03-2016
Interview........
SA: 24-02-2016
LANDED..........
28-04-2016
Not sure if its been posted yet, but they update the processing times on the website:

Back down to 16 months, and it moved from March 31st all the way to May 1st. (With a side of September/October)

LAKEWOOD

Star Member
Oct 17, 2013
MaryLou6 said:
Yes, we landed yesterday in Edmonton as well! So glad to be done with all this. The officer told me I have to wait for the card to get my permanent sin, but people in the FB group have been saying it's not the case. Were you able to get your sin before the card arrived?

LAKEWOOD did you wait a long time or were you one first ones?
I'm on the first batch that was called, yes I got my SIN right away from service Canada. It now starts with 6.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I was wondering if anyone has used the Urgent Process of the PR Card
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/pr-card/apply-urgent-processing.asp

I hear sometimes at the Landing interview they will ask you, are you planning within the next 2 months. I guess this question is because that's how long the PR takes to arrive.

So what happens if you say YES, I have already a booked Vacation/trip and I am planning to leave. Would they submit you for the Urgent Processing?

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:

I hear sometimes at the Landing interview they will ask you, are you planning within the next 2 months. I guess this question is because that's how long the PR takes to arrive.

So what happens if you say YES, I have already a booked Vacation/trip and I am planning to leave. Would they submit you for the Urgent Processing?
Starting March 15, 2016, if you are a permanent resident of Canada and a citizen of a visa-exempt country, you will need to travel with your Canadian permanent resident (PR) card or permanent resident travel document when flying to Canada. Otherwise, you may not be able to board your flight to Canada.

You hold a passport from a visa-exempt country, right? Just use that to board the plane.

Jamesdavid3

May 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Starting March 15, 2016, if you are a permanent resident of Canada and a citizen of a visa-exempt country, you will need to travel with your Canadian permanent resident (PR) card or permanent resident travel document when flying to Canada. Otherwise, you may not be able to board your flight to Canada.

You hold a passport from a visa-exempt country, right? Just use that to board the plane.
I think that's fine however its just the Situation when arriving at the Boarder and CBSA with no PR card.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Jamesdavid3 said:
I think that's fine however its just the Situation when arriving at the Boarder and CBSA with no PR card.
Ok...WOW...REALLY?! Do you not know what happens when you land and have your CoPR document in hand?

Take it with you, so that you can show it to the CBSA officer when you come back into Canada. Truth is...you don't even need to do that, because they will already know that you will have landed.

You're really overthinking this...beyond belief.

PTJ

Jun 8, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Ponga said:
Ok...WOW...REALLY?! Do you not know what happens when you land and have your CoPR document in hand?

Take it with you, so that you can show it to the CBSA officer when you come back into Canada. Truth is...you don't even need to do that, because they will already know that you will have landed.

You're really overthinking this...beyond belief.
Ponga is absolutely right....there is no need for all these. Everything is on the database the CBSA will access when pulling out your details.

Cedeel

Sep 3, 2015
Québec
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2014-10-27
AOR Received.
2014-12-03 / 2015-08-11
Med's Done....
Upfront
Interview........
2015-10-20
LANDED..........
2015-10-20
Almost two weeks of waiting for landing interview. Somehow I'm much more impatient when I know the waiting period is shorter :(

msbozick

Star Member
Jan 6, 2014
Calgary
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 12, 2014
AOR Received.
August 7, 2014
Med's Request
Sept. 28, 2015
Med's Done....
October 7/8, 2015
Interview........
AIP: Sept. 28, 2015-- interview waived DM: Oct. 16, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 28 2015
Hello, all!!! My boyfriend and I both got emails this morning granting us AIP!!!!

There was no mention of needing an interview, just that I needed to get my medical done.

I can't believe this is happening! I'm so happy!

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Jamesdavid3 said:

You will have to either use your Passport to board your flight then enter the country as a resident or you can take the time to file for a PRTD. You can NOT use urgent processing on your initial PR card when you land so that is not even an option available to you. Others have told you to bring along your COPR as proof, however, you don't need that. The officers at the border will know you are a PR with a simple scan of your passport. I suggest you do NOT carry your COPR with you because if it is lost, then you must file to get it replaced. You need to keep that document as proof for everything up to and including when/if you become a citizen and/or retirement to obtain your retirement benefits.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
msbozick said:
Hello, all!!! My boyfriend and I both got emails this morning granting us AIP!!!!

There was no mention of needing an interview, just that I needed to get my medical done.

Congrats on getting AIP.

Keep in mind, however that he is no longer your BOYFRIEND. He is your COMMON LAW partner.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
msbozick said:

So exciting! Congrats! I'm a May 5th applicant and hope I receive good news today. Anxiously checking my e-mails and ecas.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
msbozick said:

hi congratulations msbozick. One question did u submit medical in your original application? Thank you.