20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
GustavesF said:
Why are you splitting hairs on this? CIC doesn't need someone to vouch for the management of their sinking ship, they already have full power and authority over thousands of lives.
The interview is in Canada, so if the person admits to leaving Canada there's absolutely no way this could be taken to mean "I left Canada and did not return".
In fact, if the question is "have you ever left Canada" it quite clearly means "did you cross any international borders", which doesn't warrant a threat of unknown consequences.

As it stands there appears to be some kind of threat, that's the part I don't like and I'm not going to warm up to it.

If this was the case of one agent being a joker, then fine, but when the call center stooges back it up with some ridiculous reasoning I can't quite just dismiss it.
Yes I was splitting hairs over it. However I also posted that a more appropriate question to ask is "have you ever left Canada briefly". I honestly think the question asked was not about criminal issues, as others have suggested but for "staying in Canada during inland process" issues.

So someone who never left Canada or only briefly went outside Canada for a short visit wouldn't be bothered by that question. Those who were pushing the envelope by staying longer than what considered to be a "brief" absence from Canada would be the ones who are worried. They were pushing the limits on breaking the "residing with sponsor in Canada" rule.

One could have LEFT Canada to wait out the inland processing and only return in time for landing appointment. Yes, the applicant did return for the landing appointment but technically the applicant actually left Canada with the intention to return only for the landing interview. This is no difference from those who applied for citizenship under the old rule and left Canada only to come back for test and or oath (apply for citizenship on way to airport).

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got SA. :D

Will I get any other email as a sponsor or everything from now on will be to the applicant?

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
chakrab said:

Will I get any other email as a sponsor or everything from now on will be to the applicant?
Congrats!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
chakrab said:

Yes. Your part as sponsor is completed. The applicant will be getting the correspondence from CIC until landing. You won't hear anything from CIC unless you are added as representative.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
screech339 said:
Yes. Your part as sponsor is completed. The applicant will be getting the correspondence from CIC until landing. You won't hear anything from CIC unless you are added as representative.
thanks. i see no update in e-cas yet. but ... it's time to turn me yellow, long awaited :D

emafilipina

Jul 24, 2015
I know this is a long shot but any of you or somebody you know with an open work permit and still on PR application went back home and had no problem coming back to Canada? I currently have an open work permit and my PR application is still ongoing. But I have to go back home due to a family emergency. I have called cic (many times) and asked them if it's ok to leave the country while my PR is on process and the agent said it's ok to leave I just have to meet all the requirements upon entering again but even if I have all the requirements upon entering (OWP, PASSPORT, TRV) still it's not a guarantee that I will be accepted back in. Pls help if you know somebody who have the same dilemma as I do. I need some advices po on what to do. THANK YOU!

Maggie03

Star Member
Jun 6, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-02-2014
AOR Received.
May 2014
File Transfer...
Aug 2015
Med's Done....
Submitted with App
Interview........
March 2016 - AIP
Passport Req..
waived
LANDED..........
Aug - 2016
my ecas stop working, saying cant find application weird

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
emafilipina said:
I know this is a long shot but any of you or somebody you know with an open work permit and still on PR application went back home and had no problem coming back to Canada? I currently have an open work permit and my PR application is still ongoing. But I have to go back home due to a family emergency. I have called cic (many times) and asked them if it's ok to leave the country while my PR is on process and the agent said it's ok to leave I just have to meet all the requirements upon entering again but even if I have all the requirements upon entering (OWP, PASSPORT, TRV) still it's not a guarantee that I will be accepted back in. Pls help if you know somebody who have the same dilemma as I do. I need some advices po on what to do. THANK YOU!
Are you working right now? then it's much easier to get in. just the OWP should be ok but no guarantee. if you are working, then carry a letter from the employer and you should be fine. also make sure you get the TRV before you leave.

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Hello everyone,

My wife is a Canadian PR and I am on a Study Visa currently.
We are about to submit our #inland application. I have a doubt regarding the police certificates. Unlike medical exam it doesn't say optional so do I (applicant) have to send it upfront with the application or not? The confusion arises because I have read people saying they did not.

Plus when I looked in CIC website I got confusing signals explained below:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
If you live outside of Canada:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Looking forward to your answers.
Thanks.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JO1986 said:
Hello everyone,

My wife is a Canadian PR and I am on a Study Visa currently.
We are about to submit our #inland application. I have a doubt regarding the police certificates. Unlike medical exam it doesn't say optional so do I (applicant) have to send it upfront with the application or not? The confusion arises because I have read people saying they did not.

Plus when I looked in CIC website I got confusing signals explained below:

How to get a police certificate - Canada
Do I need to provide a Police Certificate with my Application for Permanent Residence? No

Name of document(s) to get: Criminal Record Check

How to get a Police Certificate:

If you are not a citizen of Canada:

If you live in Canada:
If you live outside of Canada:

Looking forward to your answers.
Thanks.
don't need police certificate from canada, just the finger prints.

JO1986

Star Member
Jun 3, 2015
Thanks Chakrab.

It says you need to get from all countries where you've stayed for more than 6 months.
Does that mean I get finger prints here in Canada and a police certificate from India (as I stayed there for 5 years after turning 18)?

Plus, is it same if we apply oultland or inland?

Thanks.

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
JO1986 said:
Thanks Chakrab.

It says you need to get from all countries where you've stayed for more than 6 months.
Does that mean I get finger prints here in Canada and a police certificate from India (as I stayed there for 5 years after turning 18)?

Plus, is it same if we apply oultland or inland?

Thanks.
Yes you only need police certificate from India. It is same either way (outland or inland). Canada uses the finger prints to do the same job.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
I didn't receive DM and my eCAS still says "In Process", but I got landing appointment for August 11th ;D ;D ;D