Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
We're back to over 500 days of processing time. Good job CIC.

Now we're back to 1:1 with mid-February/March.

I'm still betting we'll see new records before this nightmare is over for me.

clbain89

Jun 12, 2015
Hi all,

First of all I just wanted to say that I have found this forum extremely useful in all the stages of my PR application as an observer, so thanks to everyone for that! Unfortunately I have a situation that I haven't been able to find the answer to while looking through the forum so figured I had better post in the hope that someone knew the answer better than I do at the moment...

SO, the situation. I am an Australian who is currently on his 3rd WHP (expiring December 9/2015), and have been living in Canada since November 2009. I applied for my inland spousal PR in August 2014 (My wife is Canadian-born, and we have a 13 month old girl who was born in Canada), and I see in looking today that the processing time is out to 26 months. I completed the Medicals/criminal checks and pre-paid everything that I could for my application, so am hoping that will work in my favour once the spousal assessment is completed, however obviously my application will not be processed before my WHP visa expires in December.

I am currently working for Telus as a Fibre Optic Technician, which is a skilled trade, but I was hired at the entry level, so LMO would not be on my side.

What I am wondering is kind of a two parter - Firstly, am I able to continue working while my PR application is being processed once my WHP visa has expired under implied status, or will I have to apply for a new WHP visa? And, if I do have to apply for a new WHP visa, will this affect/be affected by my in progress PR application?

My apologies for the long winded question, I know this is still a few months away from being a real problem, but I just wanted to start getting my ducks in a row as my wife and I are looking to be purchasing a house here in the near future, and I don't want anything jeopardising that...

If anyone has any advice/has been through this situation and could let me know how they resolved it or steer me in the right direction that would be a massive help!

Thanks in advance for your time everyone!

Cheers,

clbain89

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
clbain89 said:
Hi all,

First of all I just wanted to say that I have found this forum extremely useful in all the stages of my PR application as an observer, so thanks to everyone for that! Unfortunately I have a situation that I haven't been able to find the answer to while looking through the forum so figured I had better post in the hope that someone knew the answer better than I do at the moment...

SO, the situation. I am an Australian who is currently on his 3rd WHP (expiring December 9/2015), and have been living in Canada since November 2009. I applied for my inland spousal PR in August 2014 (My wife is Canadian-born, and we have a 13 month old girl who was born in Canada), and I see in looking today that the processing time is out to 26 months. I completed the Medicals/criminal checks and pre-paid everything that I could for my application, so am hoping that will work in my favour once the spousal assessment is completed, however obviously my application will not be processed before my WHP visa expires in December.

I am currently working for Telus as a Fibre Optic Technician, which is a skilled trade, but I was hired at the entry level, so LMO would not be on my side.

What I am wondering is kind of a two parter - Firstly, am I able to continue working while my PR application is being processed once my WHP visa has expired under implied status, or will I have to apply for a new WHP visa? And, if I do have to apply for a new WHP visa, will this affect/be affected by my in progress PR application?

My apologies for the long winded question, I know this is still a few months away from being a real problem, but I just wanted to start getting my ducks in a row as my wife and I are looking to be purchasing a house here in the near future, and I don't want anything jeopardising that...

If anyone has any advice/has been through this situation and could let me know how they resolved it or steer me in the right direction that would be a massive help!

Thanks in advance for your time everyone!

Cheers,

clbain89
You look to be eligible for the Pilot Program OWP that was launched last December. If you submit an OWP application now, you should have it well before your WHP expires. If, for some strange reason, it does NOT arrived before your WHP expires you would still be covered under implied status (as a visitor) but would not have authorization to continue to work.

Submit IMM 5710 (along with the fee of $255) and indicate that you already have an Inland sponsorship application that has been received by CIC. They should issue your OWP within 4 months.

angelpot11

May 25, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC - MISSISSAGUA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29/08/14
AOR Received.
08/09/14
File Transfer...
AIP : 02/24/2016
Med's Request
02/24/2016
Med's Done....
02/26/2016
hello Computer geek and Sir Leon and to you all Guys,

I need your expertice and help my husband Pr application inland under spousal submitted last August 29,2014 along with the PR application is OWP application , we already received OWP last March 19,2015 but still we had no ecas can't acces and I ordered ATIP and emailed me that the file number for my husband application is still cant find in their system, therefore I conclude that still nothing happens in our application CAN MU HUSBAND GET HIS MEDICALS AND SUBMIT IT during this time? myquestion is that fine to do medicals without being ask , Is it too late to do that? just wondering maybe this could help open his file and speed up the process Pls help Thanks you in advance.

Angel

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
Hello.
A friend of mine got a letter that her file was transferred to a local office for further assesment. I know several people here got the same latter a few weeks ago. Is there anybody who could share their experience? Did they ask for an interview? Did they request additional proof of relationship? If anyone was in this situation please let me know.

mahmow

Apr 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April 9, 2014
AOR Received.
January 6, 2015
Med's Done....
March 21, 2014
Interview........
SA: June 14, 2015
Passport Req..
AIP: July 27, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
DM: Sept 24, 2015
We just received SA today by email. April 9 2014 applicant. :) :)

Pepper80

Feb 26, 2015
Hi All - My wife and I are Permanent residents of Canada since long. We did an inland sponsorship for my son who was born outside of Canada. His file is at Islamabad, and so far 34 months have passed since his application was received. We were recently asked to submit his medicals again, which we have done. Ecas has also been update with "Medical results have been received" about 2 weeks ago.

Would anyone who has been through a similar situation guide us as to how long it will take from here onwards to get his sponsorship completed? Also, what additional steps will we have to do, like will we need to send his passport to Islamabad office etc. ?

Thank you so much in advance.

Carlaganda23

Jan 8, 2014
Halifax Nova Scotia
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-02-2014
AOR Received.
20-06-2014
Med's Done....
12-05-2015
LANDED..........
SA, AIP and DM May 21th, 2015 Landed: June 12, 2015
Hey guys, I just landed yesterday in CIC Halifax, the immigration officer ask three basic questions, it only takes 15 mins and I'm done. I went to get my Permanent SIN card and signed my job offer, we just moved in out newly renovated urban cottage too. I'm very happy right now! I'm so glad I'm done until citizenship which takes 4-5 yrs from now. Thank you for all the Help and keep me sane for 1 and half year.

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
CIC has finally updated our ECAS to DM (it was still showing In Process/Application Received even after I got the DM letter).

I have a question for those who landed at Etobicoke: What's the email address they use? I just want to make sure that it doesn't go in my spam mail.

Thanks so much!

qwertyer

Jun 15, 2015
Hi, we received SA, AIP, and DM in one day. April 7th applicant. :)

BTW, i have one question. On SA and AIP, it talks about Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) like below.
Does this mean that we have to pay for RPRF? or Is this just a general "IF" statement/information for everyone? We are 100% sure that we have paid all $1040 upfront.
Since we received DM, we should not worry about this???

"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be
granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as
possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on
how to pay this fee, please visit ...cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp"

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
Hi! Mine says the same thing. This is general. Just bring your CIC receipt of payment just in case :)
Where are you landing?

qwertyer said:
Hi, we received SA, AIP, and DM in one day. April 7th applicant. :)

BTW, i have one question. On SA and AIP, it talks about Right of Permanent Residence Fee (RPRF) like below.
Does this mean that we have to pay for RPRF? or Is this just a general "IF" statement/information for everyone? We are 100% sure that we have paid all $1040 upfront.
Since we received DM, we should not worry about this???

"The Right of Permanent Residence Fee is applicable to your application. If you chose to defer
payment of that fee, you will be contacted to make the payment at a later date. You will not be
granted permanent residence status until this payment is submitted.
If you have not already done so, it is strongly recommended that you pay this fee as soon as
possible. By doing so, it will reduce the processing time of your application. For information on
how to pay this fee, please visit ...cic.gc.ca/english/information/fees/index.asp"

hwanlj

Star Member
Mar 24, 2012
Toronto, ON
App. Filed.......
Jan.10.2014
LANDED..........
Oct.14.2015
GustavesF said:
We're back to over 500 days of processing time. Good job CIC.

Now we're back to 1:1 with mid-February/March.

I'm still betting we'll see new records before this nightmare is over for me.
I am on the same boat..

This is a process that I never want to experience again.

qwertyer

Jun 15, 2015
azarme09 said:
Hi! Mine says the same thing. This is general. Just bring your CIC receipt of payment just in case :)
Where are you landing?
We are in Ottawa, and we are waiting for the landing interview letter. According to 2013 inland posts, it looks like it takes more than few weeks to hear from the local CIC office....:(

azarme09

Oct 25, 2013
App. Filed.......
22-10-2018
My office will be Etobicoke, and by the looks of it, they average about 10 days between DM & landing.

In any case, congratulations and good luck to you!

qwertyer said:
We are in Ottawa, and we are waiting for the landing interview letter. According to 2013 inland posts, it looks like it takes more than few weeks to hear from the local CIC office....:(

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
My ecas is finally updated! On the sponsor's ecas it says they started processing the app on may 13, 2015 and on mine it says 'app received'.
Finally!!! ;D