03-12-14
Med's Done....
08-9-15, upfront
Interview........
AIP/DM: 11-02-16
LANDED..........
29-03-2016
Miri2711 said:
Hello! Can you tell me how you call that letter demanding more documents replacing the AIP? I got one letter like this in which cic asked for meds, police certificate, relationship and cohabitation proofs all in one.
I submitted everything excluding meds, with the application package. CIC has yet not demanded for medical.

fupsik

Apr 30, 2014
Montreal
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
April, 2014
AOR Received.
August, 2014
Interview........
2015-07-14
LANDED..........
2015-07-14
Hi all,

just want to share my story and ask for some information. I'm moving in Quebec. In short:

April, 2014 - sent application to CIC Mississauga
August, 2014 - got email with AOR
January, 2015 - got similar email with AOR again
February, 26, 2015 - got email saying that we must submit undertaking application to Quebec government
February, 27,2015 - got the same email again (but this time they corrected a typo in it)
March, 5, 2015 - our undertaking application was received by MIDI
March, 13, 2015 - got email from CIC with apoligies saying that they made a mistake sending us emails in February. Quote: "The processing of your application has not been affected. The CPC-Mississauga has been in contact with the MIDI and has alerted them to this situation. You should not submit an application for a Certificat de sélection du Québec based on the correspondence dated February 26th or 27th. Rather, please wait for further correspondence from CPC-Mississauga before contacting the MIDI. If you have already submitted your application, the MIDI will be contacting you shortly with further information." Since we already send the undertaking application by that time, we just waited and didn't do anything.
March, 16, 2015 - MIDI cashed the check
March, 31, 2015 - I received CSQ

So now I'm all confused and have no idea if this CSQ wasn't issued by mistake too. But I guess I have nothing else to do but follow the procedures. I have a few questions about what I do next:
1. Do I have to send a second copy of CSQ to CIC? If so, how do I find out to which office? Or do I just send it to CIC office in Mississauga? I went through all my papers but I don't see any specific office that processes my application or officer's name.
2. What do I do with the approved copy of our undertaking application that came to us with a stamp in the mail? Do I send it somewhere?
3. What's the nest step? Just wait for information from CIC? How long does it take on average?

Thank you and good luck to everyone!

nb2013

Jul 23, 2013
Hello,

Please add us to the spreadsheet
PR application received by CIC - Dec 10, 2014
OWP (extension of WP) submitted with app
AOR received Feb 27, 2014
OWP not yet received
PCC sent along with app
City of residence - Halifax
Country of origin - India

tuncan

Feb 8, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
chakrab said:
i think they split up the files. they got an extra group of officers to look into files from a certain date onwards, as current/old officers are looking through files in the normal queue. with the extra money from OWP, i believe they have hired new people and streamlining the process.
I hope you are right about this and that it speeds things up a little!

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
ll0040 said:
So maybe applications are finally moving.

I have read many people that has submitted their application months ago and they cannot access to Ecas. Well i just could today after 8 months, so maybe this brings you hope if you have been waiting like me.

So i submitted my application on July 2014 and received the AOR on august 2014. On March 2015 they sent an email to my sponsor and finally i could see my application online using the sponsor's information. When online, the sponsor status says "we started processing your application on March 2015". On my side says application received and medicals received.

Hopefully this means that is finally in process, not sure, maybe i wont hear from them until next year ::)
Sorry to break it to you, but your application is not really in process yet. Mine has been saying "in process" for 13 months now and I still heard nothing from them. All it means is that your application was checked and you're not mississing any documets.

ll0040

Mar 23, 2015
annakrystyna13 said:
Sorry to break it to you, but your application is not really in process yet. Mine has been saying "in process" for 13 months now and I still heard nothing from them. All it means is that your application was checked and you're not mississing any documets.
Hi,

Thank you for the information tho, so in your case 13 months have passed since you submitted it or since you were able to see the application online? Because I waited 8 months to see my application online, so im not sure if i should count the processing time from the day of submission or when it appears online.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
nb2013 said:
Hello,

Please add us to the spreadsheet
PR application received by CIC - Dec 10, 2014
OWP (extension of WP) submitted with app
AOR received Feb 27, 2014
OWP not yet received
PCC sent along with app
City of residence - Halifax
Country of origin - India
Thanks for sharing, I've added you!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
2 people on the FB group reported that their OWP application was received in January, 2015 and they already received their OWP. So much for consistency, again.

anng

May 8, 2014
Lloydminster, SK
Visa Office......
Missisauga
App. Filed.......
May 7, 2014
Doc's Request.
Mar 12, 2015
AOR Received.
Aug 7, 2014 2nd AOR : Feb 12, 2015
Med's Done....
Upfront
VISA ISSUED...
AIP and DM : Sept 29, 2015
LANDED..........
Oct. 30, 2015
Hi everybody! Just want to ask what do we need to do if my husband renews his passport while waiting? Do we need to tell CIC? Thank you.

annakrystyna13

Star Member
Feb 10, 2015
ll0040 said:
Hi,

Thank you for the information tho, so in your case 13 months have passed since you submitted it or since you were able to see the application online? Because I waited 8 months to see my application online, so im not sure if i should count the processing time from the day of submission or when it appears online.
You should count since you submitted. I applied 15 months ago, but I was able to log in a month after I applied.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
anng said:
Hi everybody! Just want to ask what do we need to do if my husband renews his passport while waiting? Do we need to tell CIC? Thank you.
Yes, and you need to send a copy of the new passport as soon as you can! Make sure you also have the old passport.

Miri2711

Mar 5, 2015
sophieee said:
Yes, and you need to send a copy of the new passport as soon as you can! Make sure you also have the old passport.
In some countries like mine (germany) you are obliged to give back the old passport as soon as you have the new one. There s no chance you can keep it. I asked.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Miri2711 said:
In some countries like mine (germany) you are obliged to give back the old passport as soon as you have the new one. There s no chance you can keep it. I asked.
I see... Then I assume it's wise to keep a (maybe notarized) copy of it, I heard that a lack of it might cause some difficulties when you are applying for citizenship.

nicky54

Apr 2, 2015
Hello,

Please add us to the spreadsheet, my wife just got her OWP. it's about 4 weeks after we've got AOR in email
PR application received by CIC - Dec 09, 2014
OWP - with PR APP
AOR received Feb 27, 2015
OWP issued Mar 25, 2015
PCC sent along with app
City of residence - Langley BC
Country of origin - Taiwan