Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Mocha7 said:
After receiving the DM email on May 19, 2015, I received the landing interview from Etobicoke CIC yesterday! The letter was dated May 21 (2 days after DM) and arrived yesterday May 25 and it's for today May 26!

I have to say that I appreciate Etobicoke CIC's speedy letter but just like ggfish mentioned, a lot of people might have to reschedule it for such short notice!

My wife's gone crazy to get her photos done this morning! I will work half day and drive down to Etobicoke this afternoon!!!

I also want to thank everyone here for your support and comfort. I have been followed this thread from page 500ish and finally my case comes to the end!

ukca8614, as we are back to back, I wish you will receive your DM very very soon!! :)
How did it go? Was everything straightforward? I got my letter yesterday - my landing interview is June 15th (yayyy) at 8am (ughhhh)

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Hey guys,

How long is it taking these days to receive the PR card after the landing interview?

It's been 6 weeks and few days since we had the landing interview and still no PR card.
The agent at the interview said that it would take about 4 weeks, at most 6.

Superhero

Star Member
Jan 1, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Sydney Nova scotia
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 25 2017
AOR Received.
Apr 13 2017
Got Aip in May last week. ....and got landing interview 2nd June ...
It's a been long wait ....almost less than 2 years huh....☺

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
JohnnyP said:
Hey guys,

How long is it taking these days to receive the PR card after the landing interview?

It's been 6 weeks and few days since we had the landing interview and still no PR card.
The agent at the interview said that it would take about 4 weeks, at most 6.
There's a thread following this, but the last update was 50 days, which is 7 weeks... I am also waiting for my spouse's card to come (landed in May, still got awhile to wait...)

theht

Mar 17, 2015
bdianeg said:
I landed in the Ottawa CIC office yesterday! What a relief.

Here's a little info, in case anyone else is landing in Ottawa, I know I was curious.

You walk in and a guard looks at your appointment papers, so bring those. He then takes you in a room with about 50 chairs, a bathroom, and a water fountain. He puts your letter in a stack with the others that are already waiting. It is first come, first served. It seemed like everyone had the same 1:30 appointment time, and we showed up at 1:15. We waited for 2 hours to get called to a window, (there were 2 officers working the 3 windows). It took about 5 minutes to do the paperwork, and the questions were: Have you ever been charged/convicted of a crime, have you ever been denied entry to Canada, do you have any other dependents that are not listed in your application?. Then we signed stuff and were done.

My suggestions:
-Arrive earlier as you can, it was first come first served, and there were a lot of people before us -- seems they were smarter than me and arrived very early.
-If you bring kids, bring lots of distractions and snacks!
-Print your appointment papers!
-The parking lot was totally full at the location, there is a $7 all day lot 2 blocks down on Catherine street that had lots of open spots, the street parking is only 2 hours, and you might be there longer -- it's worth the $7 to not leave the room when you're waiting to go pay the meter.

Thank you to everyone who gives updates and advice. This forum has been very helpful.

Good luck to everyone! I will post when I get my card, which they said could take up to 6 weeks to receive.
Hello. Just wondering when you called to book the inland landing at CIC office? I heard that it can really long so people normally choose to go to the border instead.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
theht said:
Hello. Just wondering when you called to book the inland landing at CIC office? I heard that it can really long so people normally choose to go to the border instead.
Inland applicants cannot flagpole at a land border and must wait for their local CIC office to contact them.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
theht said:
You cannot call the local CIC office to book a landing appointment. CIC office will make the appointment date based on how busy they process the applicants. You will be placed in queue for opening spots at the nearest local office.

Only those who have applied OUTLAND and residing/staying in Canada at the time, can they flagpole around the border to officially land as PR.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
ukca8614 said:
How did it go? Was everything straightforward? I got my letter yesterday - my landing interview is June 15th (yayyy) at 8am (ughhhh)
See? we ARE back to back right? haha...good luck to your landing interview next week!!

Mine was smooth until the officer asked for my passport or citizenship card (I'm a Citizen and my wife is the applicant). I was a bit freaked out and I said I didn't know the sponsor was required to bring those documents and I showed her my health card, so she just let it go. I thought the passport request was for the applicant only. : (

I was told the PR card will come within 10 weeks so let's see how long it actually takes.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Mocha7 said:
See? we ARE back to back right? haha...good luck to your landing interview next week!!

Mine was smooth until the officer asked for my passport or citizenship card (I'm a Citizen and my wife is the applicant). I was a bit freaked out and I said I didn't know the sponsor was required to bring those documents and I showed her my health card, so she just let it go. I thought the passport request was for the applicant only. : (

I was told the PR card will come within 10 weeks so let's see how long it actually takes.
I believe it is only for the applicant. The sponsor only has to bring a valid photo ID card with the same address. I used my driver's license which was fine.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
automaton82 said:
I believe it is only for the applicant. The sponsor only has to bring a valid photo ID card with the same address. I used my driver's license which was fine.
Exactly...we showed her our driver's licenses with same address...maybe that lady just tried to make me panic :)

dilanchamara

Apr 4, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-22-2013
AOR Received.
02-06-2015
Interview........
08-06-2015
LANDED..........
08-06-2015
At last today I got my PR from CIC Etobicike. It was really smooth interview at CIC. Applied on Nov 25 2015. Got the first approval on 28th May (after 18 months), got an email for landing interview on 2nd June. Had an interview today. Thanks all.. Wish u all very best

Guanaquito

Star Member
Mar 15, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville/mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Interview........
Waiting forever :(
LANDED..........
Waiting & waiting forever
I feel like the only one left without DM :(yet, back at the end of Mach they just asked for the copy of the stamp of my last entry I made into Canada, no dependents, everything sent, should be a straight case ??? any body else waiting who apply before Dec 2013??

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Mocha7 said:
Exactly...we showed her our driver's licenses with same address...maybe that lady just tried to make me panic :)
No the lady wasn't trying to make you panic. It is standard procedure to be asking the sponsor ID for two reasons.

1: to verify that you are who you say you are. An applicant could bring anyone in as a sponsor as a substitute in case the real sponsor was not able to attend the appointment and doesn't want to reschedule landing.

2: to verify that both sponsor and applicant are in fact living together as it is one of the requirements of inland sponsorship. To reside with sponsor from beginning to landing.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
Passport Req..
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
screech339 said:
No the lady wasn't trying to make you panic. It is standard procedure to be asking the sponsor ID for two reasons.

1: to verify that you are who you say you are. An applicant could bring anyone in as a sponsor as a substitute in case the real sponsor was not able to attend the appointment and doesn't want to reschedule landing.

2: to verify that both sponsor and applicant are in fact living together as it is one of the requirements of inland sponsorship. To reside with sponsor from beginning to landing.
Like I said we showed her both our driver's licenses with same address. Also I don't think passport or citizenship card has address on it. Anyways it's already done :)

catn87

Dec 2, 2012
Received my interview notice a few minutes ago! We will be interviewing on July 8th in Vancouver!

I am from the USA, California/Washington states
Application was sent October 4, 2013
We received the Sponsorship approval on March 15th
I have not yet applied for my Open Work Permit, but before we do, we had a question!

About how long after the interview does it generally take to be approved and then receive the PR card? It seems as if applying for the Work Permit may take longer than getting PR approval, so we were debating whether it was worthwhile (and application fee) to do so now.

Thanks so much, very excited to finally be interviewed (I have been here since September 2012 and we were married March 2013)!