+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

wictory

Jun 29, 2014
thanks for the reply :) what can i expect on the landing interview ? am i gonna be a permanent resident after that or do i need to do anything else ?

faH

Apr 2, 2014
Has anyone received a landing date from the Vancouver office in the last two weeks?

Received DM on April 29 and still waiting for an email from Vancouver with a landing date. We have to travel quite a distance to Vancouver so I am hoping we will get a few days notice.

Thanks

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
wictory said:
thanks for the reply :) what can i expect on the landing interview ? am i gonna be a permanent resident after that or do i need to do anything else ?
There isn't much in the landing interview, they ask a couple questions about your family composition, if your sponsor still wants to sponsor you, if you've been denied entry into Canada, then you sign your COPR and you're officially a PR of Canada. It's simple and takes about 10 minutes to complete it all once you're in with the officer.

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
faH said:
Has anyone received a landing date from the Vancouver office in the last two weeks?

Received DM on April 29 and still waiting for an email from Vancouver with a landing date. We have to travel quite a distance to Vancouver so I am hoping we will get a few days notice.

Thanks
Have you called CIC? Wictory just posted that they got their landing interview from Vancouver today for June 16. It's odd that they still haven't sent you the email. You can also email the office at WST-LandingEnquiries@cic.gc.ca to find out. I hope you hear back soon, this seems unfair.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
Ugh, the call centre is such a joke. I cannot get a human! You go through all the options just to be told "we do not currently have anyone to assist you" and they hang up. Omg how pathetic can you get!?

Has anyone had any luck getting through? I need to ask them if they received our police clearance and get information on telling them we had a baby but I can't get anybody. And there really isn't an option for these two things on the automated system! Close to losing my mind.

faH

Apr 2, 2014
MissFrowz said:
Have you called CIC? Wictory just posted that they got their landing interview from Vancouver today for June 16. It's odd that they still haven't sent you the email. You can also email the office at WST-LandingEnquiries @ cic.gc.ca to find out. I hope you hear back soon, this seems unfair.
Thanks for the tip with the email. Is that email for all of the CIC regional offices landings? Do you know what WST stand for? I will follow up for sure. :)

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
faH said:
Thanks for the tip with the email. Is that email for all of the CIC regional offices landings? Do you know what WST stand for? I will follow up for sure. :)
I think it's the Vancouver office email. That's were my landing email came from and it's also the email they provide if we need to contact them. Their fax number is 604-666-6582.

Percy Weasley

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
14-11-2013
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
Hi everyone, I recently requested GSCM notes on my file and found out my "APR file has been referred to SDS for H&C considerations". Anyone knows what SDS stands for?

Thanks

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
Percy Weasley said:
Hi everyone, I recently requested GSCM notes on my file and found out my "APR file has been referred to SDS for H&C considerations". Anyone knows what SDS stands for?

Thanks
If you google "CIC SDS" you find things like this:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/publications/sds/strategy-2007.asp

It appears to stand for "Sustainable Development Strategy", although how that applies to you I do not know (or maybe I'm just wrong). H&C is humanitarian and compassion grounds. See:
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/5291ETOC.asp

Was there something special about your application?

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
CherPare said:
Ugh, the call centre is such a joke. I cannot get a human! You go through all the options just to be told "we do not currently have anyone to assist you" and they hang up. Omg how pathetic can you get!?

Has anyone had any luck getting through? I need to ask them if they received our police clearance and get information on telling them we had a baby but I can't get anybody. And there really isn't an option for these two things on the automated system! Close to losing my mind.
Most people have a lot of anger towards the call center because it is useless. Your options are to continually call it until you reach someone, and/or contact your MP who can contact it through a back channel.

The customer service portion of the CIC is basically non-existent.

higgins1

Jan 16, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Inland
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-12-2013
AOR Received.
16-01-2014 CSQ: 06-02-2014 AIP + DM: 09-04-2015
Hey!

I landed yesterday in Montreal.. It went pretty smooth and fast. I'm happy and I feel emotionally relieved..
I want to say thank you to all of you on this forum.. You guys were a huge help!
I wish everyone good luck in Canada.

CherPare

Star Member
Jul 13, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-12-2013
AOR Received.
14-01-2014
Med's Done....
02-20-2015
automaton82 said:
Most people have a lot of anger towards the call center because it is useless. Your options are to continually call it until you reach someone, and/or contact your MP who can contact it through a back channel.

The customer service portion of the CIC is basically non-existent.
:S Oh boy. I can see that, it's definitely a pain in the butt to get a hold of someone (LOL I never got a hold of anyone). So frustrating.

Mocha7

Sep 17, 2013
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville, AB
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jul 3, 13
AOR Received.
Jul 30, 13
Interview........
AIP: Feb 7, 14
Passport Req..
OWP: Feb 13, 14
VISA ISSUED...
DM: May 19, 15
LANDED..........
Landing: TBA
Hello everyone, just want to let you know that I received the DM today (after 15 months wait - received AIP in Feb 2014) and now wait for the letter from local office and it's done!!!

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Going to my landing interview today! I am so nervous and excited for this to be over. You all are the only ones who understand!