28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
orotibash said:
hello everyone! how long would it normally take to see on Ecas that your medical has been rec? i had my med done last april 9 but it doesn't say that it has been received and also i did send my medical receipt to them and sent an email too. thanks in advance!
My eCas hasn't been updated, ever. It just says application received and in progress for the last year and a half, despite the medical being sent upfront and me having AIP/SA last week. Other people have had theirs update to say DM before they even get the e-mail though.

So I think there's no good answer to this. Sometimes it updates randomly, sometimes it doesn't ever update.

Korosia

Mar 19, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey Inlanders,

Be warned. When we landed on Friday, Our Immigration officer stamped my husbands passport with the WRONG DATE - (May 1, 2014- not May 1, 2015). During the interview, we did not have time to review the information and it wasn't until we got home and I was filing things away that I noticed. The officer even Tested the stamp as she was changing the month and mentioned how important it was. WE call CIC and got nothing but a fax number of CIC Halifax... So we're trying to get in contact with them to have this corrected.

Word of the wise. Review the paperwork before you leave your interview :)

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Korosia said:
Hey Inlanders,

Be warned. When we landed on Friday, Our Immigration officer stamped my husbands passport with the WRONG DATE - (May 1, 2014- not May 1, 2015). During the interview, we did not have time to review the information and it wasn't until we got home and I was filing things away that I noticed. The officer even Tested the stamp as she was changing the month and mentioned how important it was. WE call CIC and got nothing but a fax number of CIC Halifax... So we're trying to get in contact with them to have this corrected.

That's really annoying! I hope you can get it sorted out asap. Thanks for letting us know, it's a great tip.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FINALLY!!! Hubby got his OWP in the mail today! This is so exciting for me. His medicals also show received in the system as of March 30th. They aren't showing the police clearances have been received but hopefully that will come soon and we'll move forward.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Korosia said:
Hey Inlanders,

Sorry to hear that. I had an error in my copr as well. I filled up the application amendment to record of landing. You can search it up. Its a cic form. They can rectify it within 6 months. I know its very disappointing but correct it as soon as you can. You can verbally mention it maybe on the phone with cic just so they dont pick up the wrong info ant put in your PR card. Good luck,

Margiela

Apr 3, 2014
Hi guys,

Even though I haven't participated or shared any concerns/thoughts/ideas in this forum I still was checking it every single day. This forum became a part of my daily routine. Thank you for all your helpful descriptive messages.

Today (to my surprise!!!) my sponsor received an email from CIC stating following "...You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly..."

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Margiela said:
Hi guys,

Even though I haven't participated or shared any concerns/thoughts/ideas in this forum I still was checking it every single day. This forum became a part of my daily routine. Thank you for all your helpful descriptive messages.

Today (to my surprise!!!) my sponsor received an email from CIC stating following "...You have met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor. The Application for Permanent Residence
(APR) for your relative will be processed separately and he/she will be contacted shortly..."
Congrats and thanks for the update! :)

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Just got off the phone with my MP (Ottawa) and they have been periodically contacting CIC for me. They are usually well behind what I already know, but this time they told me that the wait time the landing interview at the Ottawa CIC is 90 days. So bummed.

ukca8614

Star Member
Oct 29, 2014
Hamilton, ON
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Vegreville/Mississauga
App. Filed.......
09-07-2013 (upfront medical & police check)
Doc's Request.
17-07-2014 fingerprint request
AOR Received.
08-08-2013. SA/AIP 17-07-2014
Med's Request
14-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
LANDED..........
15/6/2015
Ponga said:
Ug! That's more than heartbreaking.

I'm sure that your MP will be able to get things moving for you!
It's horrible - it's making me feel like there's some sort of issue with my file that I don't know about for some reason. I just don't understand why SO many people have got theirs while I'm still sat here :(

But I have a meeting at my MP's office on Friday morning so fingers crossed they can help speed it up somewhat!

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Hi everyone! I haven't posted in a while, but I thought today I would give my final update. We received the PR card in the post on Friday April 17th. We are in Australia (Couldn't wait to leave and get travelling after my SO being unable to leave for so long!!), so we had my brother post it to us. It made it to us over here yesterday and we are happy to say we now have in our possession the final piece of the puzzle. We are beyond thrilled and glad that we are now complete. I haven't looked around here too much as we've been so busy, but it looks like theres been some movement. I hope for all of you still waiting that they fix these outrageous processing times!! Good luck to everyone! ;D

Percy Weasley

Apr 7, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
14-11-2013
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
27-03-2015
ukca8614 said:
It's horrible - it's making me feel like there's some sort of issue with my file that I don't know about for some reason. I just don't understand why SO many people have got theirs while I'm still sat here :(

But I have a meeting at my MP's office on Friday morning so fingers crossed they can help speed it up somewhat!
I think the same thing sometimes, even though I havent waited as long as you have. Dont worry we all tend to think the worst of our applications but its just their whole operating procedure makes no sense :(
Its been almost 2 weeks since we sent an email to my wife's MP with no answer, I resent the email today. Any tips on how to get their attention?

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Dated less than 2 years, has no kid before application recieved and my copr condition says NONE...amazing cic right!!

ggfish

Oct 13, 2014
Hello Everyone:

I am 2013 Sept 27 applicant here. It's so frustrating that I have to share this with you guys.

Nothing heard from CIC about my case so far after AOR ages ago, but I contacted CIC a month ago, was told an email sent to me in March requesting more documents, but I didn't receive anything, the agent then told me to wait for another 2 months to get another email to be sent and refused to disclose the details of the email and kept saying I had to wait for another email. Called many times again and was told the same thing by different agents.

I called again today, the agent told me that an email was sent on Saturday, and again I didn't receive anything, verified the email address, checked all folders including junk and spam folders. Then she told me I had to wait for 5 days to call back. I called again to another agent, was told the same thing I had to wait out the 5 days as it was against the call centre instruction to do anything until after 5 days from the initial email being sent and I was hung up on after she said "I need to disconnect this type of call". I was like WTF! How unprofessional! It's a laughing stock that IT TAKES CIC SYSTEM 5 DAYS TO DELIVER AN EMAIL FROM THEIR END TO AN APPLICANT.

In fact, I have never received anything in the email regarding my case from CIC , I had called them to check if my email was correctly spelled, a while ago an agent actually sent a test email to me and I received it right away. My sponsor received the AOR though and that was the only one case relevant email received between the 2 of us.

I am wondering if anyone in the forum encountered similar situation.

I am sooooo MAD!

PS eCas shows nothing except saying my application is received.

LeBon

May 21, 2013
ggfish said:
Hello Everyone:

I am 2013 Sept 27 applicant here. It's so frustrating that I have to share this with you guys.

Nothing heard from CIC about my case so far after AOR ages ago, but I contacted CIC a month ago, was told an email sent to me in March requesting more documents, but I didn't receive anything, the agent then told me to wait for another 2 months to get another email to be sent and refused to disclose the details of the email and kept saying I had to wait for another email. Called many times again and was told the same thing by different agents.

I called again today, the agent told me that an email was sent on Saturday, and again I didn't receive anything, verified the email address, checked all folders including junk and spam folders. Then she told me I had to wait for 5 days to call back. I called again to another agent, was told the same thing I had to wait out the 5 days as it was against the call centre instruction to do anything until after 5 days from the initial email being sent and I was hung up on after she said "I need to disconnect this type of call". I was like WTF! How unprofessional! It's a laughing stock that IT TAKES CIC SYSTEM 5 DAYS TO DELIVER AN EMAIL FROM THEIR END TO AN APPLICANT.

In fact, I have never received anything in the email regarding my case from CIC , I had called them to check if my email was correctly spelled, a while ago an agent actually sent a test email to me and I received it right away. My sponsor received the AOR though and that was the only one case relevant email received between the 2 of us.

I am wondering if anyone in the forum encountered similar situation.

I am sooooo MAD!

PS eCas shows nothing except saying my application is received.
I had a similar situation and I was furious too. My wife got SA on March 5th but I got nothing. I called a few weeks later only to find out they sent a request for additional documents on March 6th but put a typo in the email address so I never got it. I was given the same BS and requested it get resent in mid-March - I still have received nothing.

My advice is to keep calling until someone tells you what is in that email. I had multiple agents tell me different documents were requested. Eventually I had a comprehensive list, sent them copies by email (not regular mail as an agent once told my wife) and redid my medical.

They have since confirmed that once the medical is attached, my file will be complete.