Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
August 8 applicant. Landed March 16. Received PR card today. Yay after 5 weeks and 1 day finally got my card!!

mary63

Star Member
Jan 22, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13-02-2014
LANDED..........
SA, AIP may 19 2015, DM may 25 2015, landing June 2nd 2015
hey guys,
a quick question.
i got my work permit today (pilot program, applied dec 29, received today), but under employment location it says victoria,bc which is where i used to live. i live in ontario now.
should the work permit mention the location in it or is this a mistake? does this mean i cannot work in ontario? can i apply for ohip with this?
thanks!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
a_m_2013 said:
We just received SA and DM today (No AIP)!!! Just waiting to hear from the Kitchener, ON office about an interview time!

17 months and 2 days later - relief! I literally burst out into tears of joy at work when my spouse(the applicant) called me!

Does anyone have any experience with how long it takes to hear from the Kitchener, ON office (or how long it takes to get the interview date) once you've received DM?

Our application was received on November 22, 2013!

A bit more background on our specific story, should anyone be interested:

• My spouse and I met while we studied abroad in Spain, and dated long distance for 2 years until he moved here for 2 years on 2 different IEC visas.
  • We applied for PR while his 2nd IEC visa was valid, thinking we'd get AIP before it ran out (July 30, 2014) - Then the wait times jumped from 8 months to 17 months!!
  • His work offered to sponser him, but they were in the process of changing the LMO rules, and so his LMO was declined (July/August 2014).
  • After having to restore his status as a visitor when the LMO was rejected, we decided it was best if he went home to Netherlands for 5 months where he would have health care/could work. He left Canada October 2014. We called CIC and they said 'He can leave, he's not a prisoner, but he has to meet the requirements to re-enter the country, or your application will be thrown out'. We decided it was worth the risk.
  • I went and visited him for Christmas, and then we decided to chance him coming back without the AIP - he came back this March (5 months out of country) and had NO problem at the boarder. They asked when he was planning to leave, he started explaining we applied inland, and the IO just said "Is your spouse Canadian?" he said "Yes", she gave him a 6 month visitor visa and said good luck - less than 5 minutes!
  • We never provided a medical with the application, so we jumped ahead of the game and just did one on March 31st. We used the 'Case Specific Enquiry' to sent our emedical receipt, a copy of his new passport, and our statutory declaration of common-law (we never gave that with our application initially).
  • We just put in a OWP under the pilot program via mail on April 16th because we never sent one with the application. We're hoping we get our landing interview and PR before they start processing so that we can withdraw the OWP app and get our money back (long shot).

Anyway, and now here we are! We hope you all receive good news soon! :D ;D :D
Congratulations!

It looks like you were very lucky because one of the requirements of an Inland application, is that the couple remain living together in Canada. According to CIC, short times apart are ok, but nobody has been able to determine what CIC determines to be a short separation. Based on your story, as least someone there was ok with it being 5 months!

aiho

May 1, 2014
Everything is so fast, all the things happened in 7 days. I feel i am riding on a rocket! I got an email from CIC Etobicoke Office. I will land on this Thursday, April 30, 2015. So Happy!!!!

sage81

Star Member
Jan 31, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC V to CPC M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-09-2013
AOR Received.
04-10-2013
Has anyone landed recently in newfoundland and labrodor?

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
So just over a month ago I wrote that i was wondering if our file was getting expedited due to the moratorium being lifted with Haiti and it turns out i guess we were!!! We are February 13/14 applicants but received full AIP on April 21/15, no DM letter, and then a landing letter from Calgary today! For May 6! Which means we are almost done with this horrifyingly stressful process. I am very grateful to be expedited as my worry about my husband getting deported prior to a decision was sucking the life out of me! This is so relieving. However, I am still disappointed with how slow CIC is moving for everyone else. I wish everyone here to feel the joy and relief i felt today. I wish for things to speed up and for everyone to get positive news to move forward with your lives. I wish for everyone to be able to work, live, and love whomever and wherever you choose. I wish for everyone to vote for anyone but conservative in the next election!!! Good luck to everyone! Thank you to everyone on the forum - and a big thank you to Sophieee - your updates to the spreadsheet were the only thing i had to hang onto since the moratorium lifted!!

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Lorelai12 said:
So just over a month ago I wrote that i was wondering if our file was getting expedited due to the moratorium being lifted with Haiti and it turns out i guess we were!!! We are February 13/14 applicants but received full AIP on April 21/15, no DM letter, and then a landing letter from Calgary today! For May 6! Which means we are almost done with this horrifyingly stressful process. I am very grateful to be expedited as my worry about my husband getting deported prior to a decision was sucking the life out of me! This is so relieving. However, I am still disappointed with how slow CIC is moving for everyone else. I wish everyone here to feel the joy and relief i felt today. I wish for things to speed up and for everyone to get positive news to move forward with your lives. I wish for everyone to be able to work, live, and love whomever and wherever you choose. I wish for everyone to vote for anyone but conservative in the next election!!! Good luck to everyone! Thank you to everyone on the forum - and a big thank you to Sophieee - your updates to the spreadsheet were the only thing i had to hang onto since the moratorium lifted!!
Congrats on your DM! You must be so relieved! Funny thing is I think I may be in the same situation. I'm a June 2014 applicant and I received AIP on April 24. Someone suggested it may be because I'm from Zimbabwe and there is also a moratorium that was lifted for Zimbabwe. I didn't think it applied to me since I have never applied for refugee status, but after seeing your old post that your husband did not put in an application, I'm starting to think they speed up cases for anyone from Haiti/Zimbabwe. Very interesting indeed!

Congrats again to you and your hubby! He can finally have peace of mind and settle in Canada.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
Lorelai12 said:
Congrats! :) I'm happy that everything went well with you :)

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
MissFrowz said:
Congrats on your DM! You must be so relieved! Funny thing is I think I may be in the same situation. I'm a June 2014 applicant and I received AIP on April 24. Someone suggested it may be because I'm from Zimbabwe and there is also a moratorium that was lifted for Zimbabwe. I didn't think it applied to me since I have never applied for refugee status, but after seeing your old post that your husband did not put in an application, I'm starting to think they speed up cases for anyone from Haiti/Zimbabwe. Very interesting indeed!

Congrats again to you and your hubby! He can finally have peace of mind and settle in Canada.
Of course - the moratoriums lifted the same day - that must be what it is. My husband is a failed refugee but I'll bet they are doing it for everyone as removals are set to begin in June for anyone who does not have status. Thank you for your kind message and Congratulations to you!! DM is coming soon!! I am very happy for you!!!

laksidesvibe

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-15
AOR Received.
12-04-15
Med's Done....
24-01-15
Lorelai12 said:
Of course - the moratoriums lifted the same day - that must be what it is. My husband is a failed refugee but I'll bet they are doing it for everyone as removals are set to begin in June for anyone who does not have status. Thank you for your kind message and Congratulations to you!! DM is coming soon!! I am very happy for you!!!
Hi,

Couldn't help but read what you wrote about removals for anyone without status in June. Is it for failed refugee claimants only or generally everyone? Thanks and congrats again.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laksidesvibe said:
Hi,

Couldn't help but read what you wrote about removals for anyone without status in June. Is it for failed refugee claimants only or generally everyone? Thanks and congrats again.
It's for those that are failed refugee claimants, since AFAIK there's never been a moratorium on removals for anyone else without status.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Ponga said:
It's for those that are failed refugee claimants, since AFAIK there's never been a moratorium on removals for anyone else without status.
Unless I'm misunderstanding you (which is highly possible) this isn't actually true. Canada had a moratorium on removals to Haiti for like 10 years where anyone who lost status in Canada during this time, refugee or not, was not asked to leave Canada as Haiti was too unstable and it would be inhumane to send them back. So if a visitor visa or work permit expired individuals could still stay and work, this didn't mean they had status. This lifted December 1/14 and so anyone in Canada from Haiti is at risk of removal beginning in June unless they can get legal status. That said my understanding (which is limited) is if someone has a Family class application in they can stay until a decision is made on the file unless they r failed refugees; for complicated reasons. My hb was a failed refugee so he was at risk of removal even tho we had this application in. I hope this eases any worries. Didn't mean to freak anyone out!!

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorelai12 said:
Unless I'm misunderstanding you (which is highly possible) this isn't actually true. Canada had a moratorium on removals to Haiti for like 10 years where anyone who lost status in Canada during this time, refugee or not, was not asked to leave Canada as Haiti was too unstable and it would be inhumane to send them back. So if a visitor visa or work permit expired individuals could still stay and work, this didn't mean they had status. This lifted December 1/14 and so anyone in Canada from Haiti is at risk of removal beginning in June unless they can get legal status. That said my understanding (which is limited) is if someone has a Family class application in they can stay until a decision is made on the file unless they r failed refugees; for complicated reasons. My hb was a failed refugee so he was at risk of removal even tho we had this application in. I hope this eases any worries. Didn't mean to freak anyone out!!
You are correct. My apologies.

FWIW, anyone that is out of status (even those that have submitted a PR application) are still at risk of removal. Some, just seem to move towards the front of the line, while others remain near the back.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Ponga said:
You are correct. My apologies.

FWIW, anyone that is out of status (even those that have submitted a PR application) are still at risk of removal. Some, just seem to move towards the front of the line, while others remain near the back.
I don't know much about immigration but my freaking out caused numerous convos with our lawyer about this! Everything is so complicated and difficult! I didn't know out of status in general, without being a refugee, was a risk for removal!! Is that policy or do they actually practice that too?