+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

MissFrowz

Star Member
Oct 16, 2014
Visa Office......
Vancouver
Linden said:
My partner just landed today in Vancouver. It was a breeze. Now to get on with our lives. Thanks to to everyone for the information on this forum.
Congrats! Finally you're all done with this stressful part of life! How long did you have to wait for landing interview from Vancouver office after DM?

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
screech339 said:
I have never heard or read any posts that an agent asked "have you been harassed by police?" question at a landing interview. That is nonsense. I think you are making that up. CIC agents has no reason or business to be asking that question to anyone prior to landing. The questions that have been asked is nowhere close to that kind of question. Usually the standard questions like "have you been convicted in Canada". "Have you been denied entry to Canada or any country", or the common "do you have any dependents not listed or declared in COPR".
Funny you mention this. At our landing interview today, the window next to us the officer asked "Have you ever had problems with the police?" not the standard have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or elsewhere. Can't say for sure if that particular person was there to land but they also got the other questions. It caught my ear since the question was worded a little different.

Our officer asked the three standard questions.

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
MissFrowz said:
Congrats! Finally you're all done with this stressful part of life! How long did you have to wait for landing interview from Vancouver office after DM?
Thanks! We got the request for the landing interview same day as DM. March 20. Our original landing date was April 9 but we requested to change it since we already had a flight booked that same day.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
MissFrowz said:
Lorelai21 you were right! Today my Ecas is showing DM! No emails from CIC though. Now to wait for the landing letter from Vancouver office. LOL I'm busy getting excited when I haven't even confirmed with the call centre if it is a positive DM!
Congratulations!!!!

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
screech339 said:
I just don't like the way CBSA treat the people that are not conforming to Immigration Laws and seeing them as "non-criminal" for violating the laws. I understand the need to pool resources to go after the "criminals" like drug traffickers and the like. In the grand scheme of things, just how much of the "criminals" are caught in comparing to the "non-criminals" who are not caught. I have my hunch that there are a lot more people violating immigration laws than there are "criminal" drug traffickers.

It is no difference from speeding. It is still breaking the law to go over the speed limit, no matter how small you went over. If all offenses are the same, police would pull over every speeders. Like shooting fish in a barrel. But police sees more bang for their buck if they pull someone going 30, 40, or 50 km over or more than someone who is 10-20km over.
I just cannot understand why anyone would wish people going through the immigration process to have anymore hardship than they already have. This makes me so sad. If the conservative government would stop putting up so many ridiculous barriers for people to immigrate here, this would be a moot point. People who choose to commit serious crimes are hardly in the same position as those whose status ran out while applying to be with their partners.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Linden said:
Funny you mention this. At our landing interview today, the window next to us the officer asked "Have you ever had problems with the police?" not the standard have you been convicted of a crime in Canada or elsewhere. Can't say for sure if that particular person was there to land but they also got the other questions. It caught my ear since the question was worded a little different.

Our officer asked the three standard questions.
That is why I said "I think" in my post as I cannot verify that the person was telling the truth or making it up. Since more people has posted verifying the question being asked, I can accept that it can be a question asked. However I do believe that asking that question "Have you been harassed by police?" is a totally inappropriate question and has no business asking that to anyone at landing.

Besides what does being harassed by police has anything to do with immigration. The police cannot do anything to your immigration status unless you are in fact charged a federal offense.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
Lorelai12 said:
I just cannot understand why anyone would wish people going through the immigration process to have anymore hardship than they already have. This makes me so sad. If the conservative government would stop putting up so many ridiculous barriers for people to immigrate here, this would be a moot point. People who choose to commit serious crimes are hardly in the same position as those whose status ran out while applying to be with their partners.
I could understand if they became "out of status" out of their own control. I am sure there are some examples of that but the numbers are so small in numbers that it is moot point. However a majority of them became out of status out of their own free will due to not doing their responsibility in updating their status. They had up to 6 months to apply for an extension. And a lot of them want to blame it on some excuse other than themselves.

The end doesn't justify the means.

laksidesvibe

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-15
AOR Received.
12-04-15
Med's Done....
24-01-15
Just to clarify...6 months is actual nonsense;that equates to 180 days...its factually 90 days, no more. You're not free to your facts. You are free to your opinions though but i hope it never has to be in a position to pass judgement on others or make their lives harder.

screech339 said:
I could understand if they became "out of status" out of their own control. I am sure there are some examples of that but the numbers are so small in numbers that it is moot point. However a majority of them became out of status out of their own free will due to not doing their responsibility in updating their status. They had up to 6 months to apply for an extension. And a lot of them want to blame it on some excuse other than themselves.

The end doesn't justify the means.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
laksidesvibe said:
Just to clarify...6 months is actual nonsense;that equates to 180 days...its factually 90 days, no more. You're not free to your facts. You are free to your opinions though but i hope it never has to be in a position to pass judgement on others or make their lives harder.
That is why I said "UP TO 6 MONTHS" because I know not everyone gets 6 months stay. Some countries only get 90 days or even less. So don't try to make it sound nonsense. 6 months is the max allowed stay given to anyone other than the study/work visas.

Besides they also have the opportunity to restore their status within 90 days after their stay expires. Which does back to "UP to 6 months". 90 days according to you and another 90 days to apply to restore their status.

laksidesvibe

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-15
AOR Received.
12-04-15
Med's Done....
24-01-15
No one is above being corrected on their facts. When you're wrong on facts, you talk nonsense. So learn like everyone has too. After whatever visa you had expires, you only have 90 days to fix it and that's not for some or most people...in recent future, it's for all people. So 6 months is nonsense.

For facts sake, after an immigration document expires, an applicant only has 90 days Grace period or they totally become out-of-status

screech339 said:
That is why I said "UP TO 6 MONTHS" because I know not everyone gets 6 months stay. Some countries only get 90 days or even less. So don't try to make it sound nonsense. 6 months is the max allowed stay given to anyone other than the study/work visas.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
laksidesvibe said:
No one is above being corrected on their facts. When you're wrong on facts, you talk nonsense. So learn like everyone has too. After whatever visa you had expires, you only have 90 days to fix it and that's not for some or most people...in recent future, it's for all people. So 6 months is nonsense.

For facts sake, after an immigration document expires, an applicant only has 90 days Grace period or they totally become out-of-status
I have to correct my earlier post. I was wrong to say or implied that they have implied status when apply for status restoration after expire date. They are in fact out of status the moment their stay expires.

I am sorry that you are incorrect. You are considered to be "out of status" until your status is restored.

Contrary to applicants to whom we recognize an implied status, persons awaiting restoration have lost their status and may not continue to work or attend school.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/visa/validity/restoration.asp

a_m_2013

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 22, 2013
AOR Received.
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 7, 2015
Interview........
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 8, 2015
LANDED..........
May 8, 2015
We're not sure if getting our MP involved did the trick - but we just got our landing interview date today via email from Kitchener!!! :D

DM: April 24, 2015
ECAS changed to DM: April 28, 2015
Interview date received: April 28, 2015
Landing: May 8, 2015

We are over the moon this horrific 17+ month ordeal is coming to an end! This forum and the spreadsheet is all we've had to hold onto throughout the entire process and we can't thank you all enough!

Out of curiosity - what are the (3?) questions they ask in the landing interview?

NorthDakota22

Dec 19, 2014
WE JUST GOT SA AND DM!!!!!!

We are December, 24 2013 applicants.

We never even got AIP, just skipped right to DM. In fact, my partner received her DM email one minute before I received my SA email. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Thank you so much to everyone on this forum - although I watched and listened more than spoke, it was a huge source of patience and strength for me to know that other people were going through the same thing, and making it to the other side.

I consider this only the beginning in terms of activism against the Harper government and this broken bureaucratic machine. Until now my partner and I were too afraid to join the protests and speak out because she was out of status, and we felt like we were in constant danger of being reported and my partner being deported by CBSA. Thank you to everyone who has spoken out, I'm sure that we would have waited much longer than 16 months if it hadn't been for everyone's efforts.

I have a question for the group moving forward:

In the DM email, it says that we need to notify immigration immediately of any changes to the sponsored person's status in Canada. My partner was in status when we applied, but fell out of status during the application process. I am not sure if I need to notify CIC because I'm assuming this was obvious to them when they reviewed our application. Was anyone else in the same situation, and what did you do?

Thank you everyone and to those of you still waiting, I hope that my news gives you hope. For many months, the thing that made me happiest every day was seeing other people getting approved.

$tar

Apr 28, 2015
Hello everyone,

Been following this forum for a while now and the information obtained here has been quite beneficial

My application was received Nov 15 2013.

My spouse received SA on April 21 and for some reason the DM letter was sent to her email today (April 28th).

Did not receive AIP though.

I submitted my application for OWP sometime mid march, and I haven't received it yet. Is it possible to cancel that application?If so, how and when would be the best way to go about it?

From the DM letter, the Etobicoke office will be in contact, any idea the average time it takes to hear back from that office?

Thank you.

a_m_2013

Dec 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
November 22, 2013
AOR Received.
December 27, 2013
Med's Done....
April 7, 2015
Interview........
May 8, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
May 8, 2015
LANDED..........
May 8, 2015
$tar said:
Hello everyone,

Been following this forum for a while now and the information obtained here has been quite beneficial

My application was received Nov 15 2013.

My spouse received SA on April 21 and for some reason the DM letter was sent to her email today (April 28th).

Did not receive AIP though.

I submitted my application for OWP sometime mid march, and I haven't received it yet. Is it possible to cancel that application?If so, how and when would be the best way to go about it?

From the DM letter, the Etobicoke office will be in contact, any idea the average time it takes to hear back from that office?

Thank you.
We're going to call CIC tomorrow to find out how to withdraw an OWP that was sent via mail. Basically we're in the same boat - received DM last friday, but had submitted for a OWP through the pilot program on April 13th. We had called about this a while ago and they said they would email us the steps.

Of course, the steps they provided were if you submitted online (after AIP received) - go figure. We still submitted a withdraw request via the Çase Specific Enquiry' form and chose application type 'Temporary Resident (mailed) - Work Permit'. Figured it was worth a try to get something in electronically. I'm pretty sure we'll just have to mail a written request - but I'll let you know what we find out! (When the fee with be refunded to our account, if they refund it at all - who even knows...)

Congratulations on DM! Hope you get your interview date soon!