Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
JohnnyP said:
FINALLY!!! Got the landing interview e-mail!!!! :D :eek: :D :eek:
Can't express we are finally at the end of this long tunnel.

I know this has been asked and answered many times, but can someone please tell me what my wife and I need to bring to this interview?
I know what they will ask, so I just need to know what documents we need. For example, do we need to bring marriage certificate? We submitted the original copy last time and didn't keep a photocopy...

Many thanks in advance!!!
Congratulations JohnnyP!!! Finally you got the landing!!!!! I am very happy for you.
For the interview just bring both your ID , your wife's new ID picture ( you can get it safely and to the correct size at London Drugs) and then any letters you got from CIC as well as the receipt of your full payment. I think that is all.
I wish you luck and a happy future together with your love.

bdianeg

Jul 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Oct 15 (AOR) here! My husband (sponsor) just got the AIP email!!!! I am hoping we will get the DM and Landing info soon!!!!

I highly, highly suggest that if you are pre-Oct 21 you call CIC and get an agent to send a note to the person processing your application. I did this last Wednesday, and got the email today. Maybe it's coincidence, but it can't hurt to try! Good luck!!

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
just called CIC to ask what the status on my sponsorship application is. They received our papers on Sept 19th 2013, AOR on Dec 30 2013.. They sent us a letter requesting more proof of cohabitation/relationship, medical + landing fee on Jan 6th, 2015. Sent everything over almost a month ago. So the c/s person told me that their 'internal' deadline to assess me as a sponsor is August 5, 2015. :( So if i don't hear from CIC by then, I need to call them back... Jeez - this hell is never ending...

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
it's amazing that they gave us deadline to provide paperwork by April 6th, when in fact they put the deadline to open our case again on August 5th

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
MYERSATOR said:
just called CIC to ask what the status on my sponsorship application is. They received our papers on Sept 19th 2013, AOR on Dec 30 2013.. They sent us a letter requesting more proof of cohabitation/relationship, medical + landing fee on Jan 6th, 2015. Sent everything over almost a month ago. So the c/s person told me that their 'internal' deadline to assess me as a sponsor is August 5, 2015. :( So if i don't hear from CIC by then, I need to call them back... Jeez - this hell is never ending...
I've got a difference experience---Sept 27, 2013 applicant.
Was asked for new medical on March 2, 2015. I did the next day and it was received by CIC on March 23. Two days later I paid the right of PR fee. I got "DM" on 1 April.

How did you submit extra documents required (ordinary post, fax or case-specific inquiry form, etc)?

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hey guys, I had such a great weekend and now such a good beginning of the week - I just got a DM!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:
Still seems surreal! I know a lots of people already asked these questions but: 1. how soon immigration office (in average) contacts people for an interview date?? 2. Somebody mentioned before that you should bring a photo with you to an interview but my email doesn't say anything about it, just a passport and that's it.
In case if you interested in my timelines:
28 January 2015 - got a request for my marriage certificate (didnt send it along with the app) and redo my medicals
5 February 2015 - everything were sent to them.
2 April 2015 - received an AIP!
7 April 2015 - DM!!!
I wish everybody good luck and patience.

MYERSATOR

Oct 6, 2014
charliem said:
I've got a difference experience---Sept 27, 2013 applicant.
Was asked for new medical on March 2, 2015. I did the next day and it was received by CIC on March 23. Two days later I paid the right of PR fee. I got "DM" on 1 April.

How did you submit extra documents required (ordinary post, fax or case-specific inquiry form, etc)?
this gives me hope!! :) Thank you and my Congratulations!!!
we paid the fees and provided the receipt with the rest of documents. They received everything on March 15th +- a few days. Sent it by registered Canada Post. i also know that the call centre can be talking out of their a.se sometimes... fingers crossed to hear good news back from CIC soon.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
25 months and 1 day. That's how long it took to get AIP on our file. I was hoping that they'd quickly give us DM as well since we have sent them the medicals and everything (we thought), but instead they've requested some police thing from my husband's country which was already reviewed by CIC when he came to Canada as a student over 4 years ago (and has never left). And they want a copy of his new passport since he had to renew since we applied...and we've sent that to them twice at least since he renewed. If we have to get the police documents couriered again it's just one more expense, and since that good ol' work permit still hasn't shown up...well not much changes for us today.

I wish I was more excited. This ridiculous delay for no reason has completely taken any excitement we may have had from this process. I just want it over. Be glad if your file doesn't get transferred out of the main office and end up like mine. Sorry to be such a downer. I was glad to see the letter but the request for yet more info seemed like such a slap in the face that it kind of fouled my mood.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
tynoxes said:
Thank you! I figured out after rereading it a few times that I have to do it within 30 days, but have 3 months to get the documents to them.

With the Easter holiday going on, I need to wait till Tuesday to find out where I can get an appointment.
From the few places I called on Thursday before they closed, seems like most is booked up toward near the end of this month, which is going to cut it really close.
You will have to try to do the medical within 30 days from the day you received the letter, but I think passing few days is okay because that's what happened to us.
We did the medical check within 30 days but had to go in for 2nd medical check because my wife's blood sugar level came out to be too high. It was already 1 week after the date we were supposed to go through the medical test and I'm sure it took few more days for the clinic to send the results electronically.

I personally think the 3 months date is the day CPC will try to process your medical results & application. We received our DM and interview letter 10 days before that specific date.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Kae12345 said:
Oh my goodness! We just got landing interview letter. We land on April 30th. But the weird thing is that we haven't got the DM email. Should I be concerned? (We are Sept 11 applicants)
I know Sophiee already answered this question, but I just wanted to let you know that our DM e-mail arrived AFTER the landing interview letter.
From my personal experience, it will arrive within next few days, probably tomorrow.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
frenchwapiti said:
Congratulations JohnnyP!!! Finally you got the landing!!!!! I am very happy for you.
For the interview just bring both your ID , your wife's new ID picture ( you can get it safely and to the correct size at London Drugs) and then any letters you got from CIC as well as the receipt of your full payment. I think that is all.
I wish you luck and a happy future together with your love.
Thank you very much for all the encouragement!!!! We would've not been able to go through this without people from this forum, especially you and few others.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
gaur84 said:
Hi Guys,

I got my medical request last week from CIC and my spouse received an email saying he met all the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor.
Dec 9th Applicant (Got SA, AIP and medical request ,completed my medical on April 2nd)

Any idea what will be the next step? and how much more time it should take?

Thanks,
If you never submitted your medical results, you have to find the specific clinic, bring your IMM1017 form and get the medical check done. The clinic will electronically send your results to CPC. If there is no issue with the medical result, you will receive your DM and landing interview within few months (about 3 months in our case).