Aug 11, 2015
20131001 said:
cat: FAM
visa office: CPC-V to CPC-M
app filed: 01-10-2013
AOR rcd: 22-10-2013
Med: sent with app

AIP and SA: 19-03-2015
Thanks for sharing, I've added you! And congrats, of course! :)

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
BaCo said:
Bad news for me peeps. Ive been refused due to the fact that i work offshore and according to the immigration officer i do not cohabit with my spouse and therefore do not qualify as family class. So just as a general warning to all sailors on here, even if you lived in Canada previously uninterruptedly for 365 days with your spouse and thus qualify for common law, as soon as you start to sail again/ work..... You are no longer common law according to CIC. I feel discriminated because of my profession. Ciao ciao ciao
I'm so sorry that you were refused. For that matter, that's one of the disadvantages of applying inland, you have to stay in Canada with your partner. And if you apply as common law, it's not enough to live together for 12 months continuously before you apply, you have to do so till you became a PR and two more years after that (if you don't have a child in common). In your situation the only option is to get married and apply outland. I hope you will be able to work it out. Good luck!

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
sophieee said:
I'm so sorry that you were refused. For that matter, that's one of the disadvantages of applying inland, you have to stay in Canada with your partner. And if you apply as common law, it's not enough to live together for 12 months continuously before you apply, you have to do so till you became a PR and two more years after that (if you don't have a child in common). In your situation the only option is to get married and apply outland. I hope you will be able to work it out. Good luck!
We'll be alright :)! Nothing changes for me right now... Try again haha. But theres a hole in that story about common law... See you guys in a couple of months again haha!!! Ciao ciao ciao.

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
Is it DM? Is it DM? Is it DM?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or

Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Kitchener will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

If it is, which means I dont need to redo my medicals after getting AIP yesterday! Best of luck to everybody~

ging910 said:
Just wanna bring u guys some good news!
My application was received on Oct 15th, 2013.
I am the sponsee and I just received this email today, is this full AIP?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

It says they request medical and security, is it general to everyone in the AIP email?
I am just wondering whether I still need to redo my medicals? It says "Medical results have been received" under Permanent Residence category on cic website...
I came to Canada when I was 17 as students, so I dont need security check, hopefully I will receive DM soon!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
ging910 said:
Is it DM? Is it DM? Is it DM?

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The
Canada Immigration Centre in Kitchener will contact you to arrange an appointment for the
finalization of your permanent resident application.
IMPORTANT: You and your family members, if any, will be required to present original
identification document(s) to the Canada Immigration Centre at your appointment. A final
decision concerning the granting of permanent residence status will be made at that time. If
permanent residence is granted, the name that will appear on the confirmation of permanent
resident document is your name as it appears on your passport or identity documents.

If it is, which means I dont need to redo my medicals after getting AIP yesterday! Best of luck to everybody~
That's a DM :) Congrats! :)

naveedpcs

May 5, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad ( my file did not move to uk)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14 june 2013
Doc's Request.
No
AOR Received.
1st week of july 2013
IELTS Request
No
File Transfer...
13 Nov,2013 , in process from : feb 5, 2015
Med's Request
18 Nov. 2015
Med's Done....
25 Nov. 2015
Interview........
Wived. Thank God
Passport Req..
18 Nov. 2015
VISA ISSUED...
Dec.16,2015 thank God
LANDED..........
15 jan. 2016 insha Allah
sophieee said:
That's a DM :) Congrats! :)
congratulations and best of luck, this is DM letter. Naveed

Ranking13

Mar 17, 2015
Hello to everyone on this forum. It's been very informative reading the postings on here. My question is does sponsoring together a spouse from within Canada and a his child outside Canada has a longer waiting time than the 17 months? The thing is I'm a September 16 2013 applicant and my ecas only show date application was received and that medical results received. Can anyone give an insight?

Ranking13

Mar 17, 2015
I was also asked to redo our medical (my child and I) pay my permanent residency fee and to show proof of cohabitation in January. I comply with all the requests. Still hasn't heard anything its so frustrating.

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
finallysoclose said:
Get your medicals done ASAP. I sent my medicals with the application and redid them about a month ago. I received AIP and landing interview date one day apart. Speeds up the process a lot.
My husband did his medicals in September 2013. We received AIP and DM at the beginning of the month and he lands next week. We didn't redo anything. We weren't asked to redo anything. Unfortunately, I think it is up to the case officer's discretion, so you never really know what is required.

cissychen008

Jan 15, 2015
thegorchess said:
My husband did his medicals in September 2013. We received AIP and DM at the beginning of the month and he lands next week. We didn't redo anything. We weren't asked to redo anything. Unfortunately, I think it is up to the case officer's discretion, so you never really know what is required.
how come I did medical in 2014 September, but in ECAS, it has not shown that "CIC has been received it".

thegorchess

Star Member
Jun 18, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
01-10-2013
cissychen008 said:
how come I did medical in 2014 September, but in ECAS, it has not shown that "CIC has been received it".
After we received DM we checked ECAS. It did not reflect any changes. The CIC website is useless.

Mar 19, 2015
20131001 said:
cat: FAM
visa office: CPC-V to CPC-M
app filed: 01-10-2013
AOR rcd: 22-10-2013
Med: sent with app

AIP and SA: 19-03-2015
DM email: 19-03-2015 (CIC centre will contact me to arrange appointment for the finalization of PR)

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
Well finally !!!! Today I became Permanent Resident ! went to my landing interview in Hamilton everything was easy and fast.. So happy that this is done. I do not have to check CIC website everyday yeahhhh.

Thank you so much guys for all the support that I received here. 18 months following this forum. Now it is time to make money.

God bless you guys !!