Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-02-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
ging910 said:
Just wanna bring u guys some good news!
My application was received on Oct 15th, 2013.
I am the sponsee and I just received this email today, is this full AIP?

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
Common-Law Partner in Canada Class.
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident
until you and all your family members have met these requirements.

It says they request medical and security, is it general to everyone in the AIP email?
I am just wondering whether I still need to redo my medicals? It says "Medical results have been received" under Permanent Residence category on cic website...
I came to Canada when I was 17 as students, so I dont need security check, hopefully I will receive DM soon!

Congratulations! That's AIP :) Good luck with DM!!! :)

lin05

Apr 18, 2013
Hi all, I just have a question. We are Oct 28th applicants and have obviously received nothing so far. Keeping my fingers crossed to hear from cic soon about our AIP soon though! We haven't done our medical yet and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get that done first and have that sent to cic or wait until we get an request from cic. We were told that 'stage 2' takes 8 months no matter what you do but people have been getting their DM's a month about they get their AIP so I don't really know where they are getting that information. Someone please help me clear this up!

Thanks in advance!

stockgod

Oct 9, 2014
lin05 said:
Hi all, I just have a question. We are Oct 28th applicants and have obviously received nothing so far. Keeping my fingers crossed to hear from cic soon about our AIP soon though! We haven't done our medical yet and I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to get that done first and have that sent to cic or wait until we get an request from cic. We were told that 'stage 2' takes 8 months no matter what you do but people have been getting their DM's a month about they get their AIP so I don't really know where they are getting that information. Someone please help me clear this up!

Thanks in advance!
we just had the emedical done using the same logic as yours. the hope is with a complete package they will do aip and dm at the same time budda bing budda boom

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
lin05 said:

Thanks in advance!
Do your medicals upfront ! Don't wait til they request it , your very close , you'll see !

ging910

Feb 19, 2014
bankerguy said:
she landed... we're done

asked a few basic questions... 50 minutes total wait time + interview time

we were told pr card is being mailed and we must wait 22 days for it.

feels so good.... thanks to everyone on here
Congrats! I rmb u were saying ur wife's medical expired already but cic didnt request u guys to send another one... Can you pls post how ur AIP email looks like? Does it look similar to mine? Did it still mention the requirements part? Thanks!

This refers to the Application for Permanent Residence you made under the Spouse or
It has been determined that you meet the eligibility requirements to apply for permanent
residence as a member of the spouse or common-law partner in Canada class. Please note that
a final decision will not be made until all remaining requirements for becoming a permanent
resident have been met. These requirements include medical, security and background checks
for you and, if applicable, all of your family members, both in Canada and abroad, even if they
are not applying to join you in Canada at this time. You cannot become a permanent resident

Mar 19, 2015
lin05 said:

Thanks in advance!
Get your medicals done ASAP. I sent my medicals with the application and redid them about a month ago. I received AIP and landing interview date one day apart. Speeds up the process a lot.

rbz112

Nov 18, 2014
Hello everyone,

I got my AIP(both sponsor and PA) on March 9. I was also requested to submit my fingerprints.
My fingerprints were received by CIC on March 16.

I was just checking my application status online, it says "decision made" under "sponsorship application" when I checked with my boyfriend's UCI. But when I checked with mine, it says the following:
We started process your application on March 9, 2015.
Medical results received.

I am confused. Does that mean that they are still running background&medical checks on me or does that mean I should be expecting DM email/letter within the next couple of days?

chakrab

Champion Member
Mar 8, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rbz112 said:
Hello everyone,

I got my AIP(both sponsor and PA) on March 9. I was also requested to submit my fingerprints.
My fingerprints were received by CIC on March 16.

I was just checking my application status online, it says "decision made" under "sponsorship application" when I checked with my boyfriend's UCI. But when I checked with mine, it says the following:
We started process your application on March 9, 2015.
Medical results received.

I am confused. Does that mean that they are still running background&medical checks on me or does that mean I should be expecting DM email/letter within the next couple of days?
They are still running checks on you. SA indicates decision made on sponsor after which you get the AIP. Now you have to wait for DM on your application.

rbz112

Nov 18, 2014
chakrab said:
They are still running checks on you. SA indicates decision made on sponsor after which you get the AIP. Now you have to wait for DM on your application.
I thought so too...Thank you!

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Just got AIP and SA together!!!

It took almost exactly a month between sending our additional information package and receiving AIP!! The call centre agents told me before that it can take up to a month for the packages to get to the right person.

...almost there now :)

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
gfdvca said:
Just got AIP and SA together!!!

It took almost exactly a month between sending our additional information package and receiving AIP!! The call centre agents told me before that it can take up to a month for the packages to get to the right person.

...almost there now :)
Was your application filed in Sept 2014? What was ur date of filing?

jmarie88

Oct 9, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
22-10-2013
AOR Received.
21-11-2013
Med's Request
Sent with application
Med's Done....
08-2013
Interview........
21-04-2015
VISA ISSUED...
Waiting
LANDED..........
One day..
ging910 said:
Just wanna bring u guys some good news!
My application was received on Oct 15th, 2013.
I am the sponsee and I just received this email today, is this full AIP?

It says they request medical and security, is it general to everyone in the AIP email?
I am just wondering whether I still need to redo my medicals? It says "Medical results have been received" under Permanent Residence category on cic website...
I came to Canada when I was 17 as students, so I dont need security check, hopefully I will receive DM soon!
Congrats!!! :D

So exciting! And very close to my application yay!

I was wondering, when did you do your medical? I want to see how long they're extending expired medicals. I know they sometimes extend them to a certain time.

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
Bad news for me peeps. Ive been refused due to the fact that i work offshore and according to the immigration officer i do not cohabit with my spouse and therefore do not qualify as family class. So just as a general warning to all sailors on here, even if you lived in Canada previously uninterruptedly for 365 days with your spouse and thus qualify for common law, as soon as you start to sail again/ work..... You are no longer common law according to CIC. I feel discriminated because of my profession. Ciao ciao ciao