+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
yulialake said:
Am I the only one from Sep applicants who left behind? :(
No, I'm still here too :). No worries. They requested extra information from us in December, we sent it in 25th of Jan. Asked for an update on the callcenter end of february... it doesnt show up in their system yet.. It'll be alright :).

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
BaCo said:
No, I'm still here too :). No worries. They requested extra information from us in December, we sent it in 25th of Jan. Asked for an update on the callcenter end of february... it doesnt show up in their system yet.. It'll be alright :).
I'm so jealous how calm and positive you're. I'm getting frustrated, annoyed and excited at the same time. I know its not a healthy thing to do and it wont really help me to get anything faster but after all this time of waiting I feel like I'm running out of patience. :mad:

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
yulialake said:
I'm so jealous how calm and positive you're. I'm getting frustrated, annoyed and excited at the same time. I know its not a healthy thing to do and it wont really help me to get anything faster but after all this time of waiting I feel like I'm running out of patience. :mad:
I'll be really honest with you, it's also a bit the fault of the forum and ourselves. We keep asking each other if we had any updates which is great and then we hope, and hope some more when someone around the same AOR date gets news. In reality we all know it depends on the officer handling our cases and all the other aspects that we are probably unaware of. In the end, it takes as long as it takes and you're right, theres basically nothing we can do in the meantime. Trust me, I havent been this calm and positive the whole time ;). We've done our best, filling in the blanks for the officers to decide our fate... I get peace from knowing I have done everything I can.

Dont run out of patience, you'll have the rest of your life to do that. :)

RJS

Nov 4, 2014
yulialake said:
Am I the only one from Sep applicants who left behind? :(
I didn't receive anything too :(. I'm Sep 2013 applicant. I'm checking my emails every 15 mins hoping to receive good news from CIC.

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Need help!

*What does this mean if being scheduled for a permanent residence interview? I know not everyone gets one right?

*How long does it usually take for the interview?

*What kind of questions do they ask you?

FINAL NOTICE
Your final determination for permanent residence interview has been scheduled at the above address on March 26, 2015 at xx:xx .

Please present this letter upon your arrival. Failure to appear for this interview will be perceived as a lack of interest in permanent residence and your application will be refused.

Thanks in advance for all your help everyone!! A bit excited..almost there.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterBob said:
Need help!

*What does this mean if being scheduled for a permanent residence interview? I know not everyone gets one right?

Did you already receive the letter that says (something like) "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application is complete and you will be contacted by your local CIC office, blah blah blah..."?

If you DID, this looks like the landing appointment letter, where you will be asked three questions, some of which could be:

Have you been ordered to leave Canada?

Have you committed a crime?

Are you still with your sponsor?

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
MisterBob said:
Need help!

Did you change home address or email address ? This looks like a second attempt to get you landed , that is definitely a landing appointment , congratulations ! Did you received the DM email or letter ? You probly missed it , or it was sent to wrong address

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Ponga said:
Did you already receive the letter that says (something like) "We are pleased to inform you that the processing of your application is complete and you will be contacted by your local CIC office, blah blah blah..."?
Yes We did on February 4th - we missed the interview letter emailed to us on February 13th for interview on March 4th - we were expecting it to be a phone call but they sent the notice by email.

This is the email we received before this letter today:

"This letter refers to your application for permanent residence under the spouse or common-law

partner in Canada class.

We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The

Canada Immigration Centre in Vancouver will contact you concerning your permanent resident

status."

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Tilikun said:
Did you change home address or email address ? This looks like a second attempt to get you landed , that is definitely a landing appointment , congratulations ! Did you received the DM email or letter ? You probly missed it , or it was sent to wrong address

Oh dear... you are so right!

February 4th received DM letter.
February 13th received DM interview appointment letter for March 4th appointment (missed it cause didn't see it in email)
March 10th received final notice for DM interview appoint letter for March 26th appointment !

Can you please share some in sight on this situation and how it'll be? Thanks :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterBob said:
Oh dear... you are so right!

February 4th received DM letter.
February 13th received DM interview appointment letter for March 4th appointment (missed it cause didn't see it in email)
March 10th received final notice for DM interview appoint letter for March 26th appointment !

Can you please share some in sight on this situation and how it'll be? Thanks :(
That's too bad...you would have now been a PR of Canada for almost a week!

Don't worry...you're good!

MisterBob

Star Member
Jul 10, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-06-2013
AOR Received.
28-06-2013
Med's Done....
05-02-2013
Ponga said:
That's too bad...you would have now been a PR of Canada for almost a week!

Don't worry...you're good!

Thank you ponga for the comfort!! It's just so scary knowing that if we missed this final notice that we could have forfeit the application due to missed appointment.

Our flight to visit her parents are at the beginning of May. How long does it take to be a permanent residence after the interview would you think? Also, do you think they will give us a hard time because of the missed appointment? I hope not :(

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MisterBob said:
Thank you ponga for the comfort!! It's just so scary knowing that if we missed this final notice that we could have forfeit the application due to missed appointment.

Our flight to visit her parents are at the beginning of May. How long does it take to be a permanent residence after the interview would you think? Also, do you think they will give us a hard time because of the missed appointment? I hope not :(
You/she will be a permanent resident as soon as you/she signs the CoPR (which you will get at the landing interview). The PR card (itself) takes a few/several weeks to get in the mail.

If you/she are from a visa-exempt country, you/she will still be able to travel via a commercial carrier without the PR card. Just show your/her passport and travel as if you/her were still `visiting' Canada when you/she come home.

You/she will be able to cross a land border in a private vehicle without the PR card as well. :)

Congrats!