12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
SDG said:
Hey Congrats :) what an amazing Monday for you the start the week off. Hopefully you will find a job real soon.
thanks, yes this is a beautiful Monday and the number 13 is my lucky nmber :)

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
frenchwapiti said:
the good news was in the snail mailbox today!!!

the official DM letter confirming what I already knew from my ecas since last week, letter dated Feb 13 and post stamp Feb 19

and also the letter to inform that my landing interview is scheduled for Friday March 13
I thought it would be in Vancouver,but they send me to a closer office in Kelowna.

I am so super excited right now! Things are coming back to normal and I am sure I will find a job very soon.

I wish everybody a good start like mine into this new week.
Congratulations !! :)

olgabizz

May 12, 2011
Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville -Missasauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-09-2013 (sent)
AOR Received.
11-09-2013 (Application received)
File Transfer...
CPC V- CPC M - March 2014
Med's Done....
February 2014
Passport Req..
DM : 12 Feb 2015
LANDED..........
23 Feb 2015
Hey guys!

Today i had my landing interview at Etobicoke office. here is my story of landing. we arrived there at 8 am, and were there for total 2.5 hours because their system was down, they were not able to log in...hmmm, did not expect that at all. now i understand why they are processing our applications so slow. there is no sense of urgency in that place or understanding that they have other people's life in their hands :(

the waiting area is not fancy, it looks like any service canada /service ontario office: windows with the numbers and chairs in the back. the waiting area was so so full (with close to none processing). what i noticed there were not so many couples, mainly refugees and i suppose live in caregiver class. time seemed like it is never going to end, and i just started praying that their system will start working again, and all those people who gathered today for their decision in that building, and who were in a wait game for so long finally will get some answers today, and in about 10 minutes everything started working to our luck :)

i would not say that i felt relaxed during interview, i will explain why. i thought it will be in a separate room, but it is just a screened window with the officer , lots of people around and you are standing in front of the window (not sitting), a little bit uneasing psychologically.

the lady officer asked me a letter for my interview, my payment for RPFR fee (all those nerves when they look at your papers ). then she asked my first date of entry to Canada, and last entry to Canada ( i started to freak out why she was asking me that, but that's just info on your CORP that they need to verify). then questions if i have kids, have i ever committed any crime, have i been asked to leave Canada/deported from Canada. then she asked ID from my husband, asked our address, asked if we currently work, receive any welfare. asked for my pic for PR (she wanted the one with the stamp, i had one stamped and one without a stamp) and then she gave me print out of CORP and asked to verify all info and initialize the paper. then she told my husband that he has a 3 year commitment to support me financially and she asked him if he is aware of that (yep we are aware and happy with that)
i have condition 51 (that we have to live together for 2 years after i get my pr), which is awesome with me, because that's my hubby for life :) the good news that you do not really have to show anything (pictures or receipts) for the proof of 2 year cohabitation. they might ask only your lease or bank statements with the same address when you apply for passport or renewal of pr and maybe not, the officer did not seem to know exact answer to that question :)

Anyways, it still did not set with me that i am a pr now :)) i guess i will believe it once i receive my card , hehehe
being done with the application process and the interview is such a big relief :) i feel relieved from a cage. :)

i wish LOTS , HEAPS of LUCK to everyone waiting, it will come to an end eventually :) sending everyone positive vibes and my magical fairy dust for the best luck :))))

Linden

Dec 10, 2013
frenchwapiti said:
the good news was in the snail mailbox today!!!

the official DM letter confirming what I already knew from my ecas since last week, letter dated Feb 13 and post stamp Feb 19

and also the letter to inform that my landing interview is scheduled for Friday March 13
I thought it would be in Vancouver,but they send me to a closer office in Kelowna.

I am so super excited right now! Things are coming back to normal and I am sure I will find a job very soon.

I wish everybody a good start like mine into this new week.
Congrats frenchwapiti!

So you got your DM in the mail? Out of curiosity isn't it usually by email?

Wonder why they sent it by snail mail.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
olgabizz said:
Hey guys!

Today i had my landing interview at Etobicoke office. here is my story of landing. we arrived there at 8 am, and were there for total 2.5 hours because their system was down, they were not able to log in...hmmm, did not expect that at all. now i understand why they are processing our applications so slow. there is no sense of urgency in that place or understanding that they have other people's life in their hands :(

the waiting area is not fancy, it looks like any service canada /service ontario office: windows with the numbers and chairs in the back. the waiting area was so so full (with close to none processing). what i noticed there were not so many couples, mainly refugees and i suppose live in caregiver class. time seemed like it is never going to end, and i just started praying that their system will start working again, and all those people who gathered today for their decision in that building, and who were in a wait game for so long finally will get some answers today, and in about 10 minutes everything started working to our luck :)

i would not say that i felt relaxed during interview, i will explain why. i thought it will be in a separate room, but it is just a screened window with the officer , lots of people around and you are standing in front of the window (not sitting), a little bit uneasing psychologically.

the lady officer asked me a letter for my interview, my payment for RPFR fee (all those nerves when they look at your papers ). then she asked my first date of entry to Canada, and last entry to Canada ( i started to freak out why she was asking me that, but that's just info on your CORP that they need to verify). then questions if i have kids, have i ever committed any crime, have i been asked to leave Canada/deported from Canada. then she asked ID from my husband, asked our address, asked if we currently work, receive any welfare. asked for my pic for PR (she wanted the one with the stamp, i had one stamped and one without a stamp) and then she gave me print out of CORP and asked to verify all info and initialize the paper. then she told my husband that he has a 3 year commitment to support me financially and she asked him if he is aware of that (yep we are aware and happy with that)
i have condition 51 (that we have to live together for 2 years after i get my pr), which is awesome with me, because that's my hubby for life :) the good news that you do not really have to show anything (pictures or receipts) for the proof of 2 year cohabitation. they might ask only your lease or bank statements with the same address when you apply for passport or renewal of pr and maybe not, the officer did not seem to know exact answer to that question :)

Anyways, it still did not set with me that i am a pr now :)) i guess i will believe it once i receive my card , hehehe
being done with the application process and the interview is such a big relief :) i feel relieved from a cage. :)

i wish LOTS , HEAPS of LUCK to everyone waiting, it will come to an end eventually :) sending everyone positive vibes and my magical fairy dust for the best luck :))))
Congrats ! Thanks for sharing your experience :)

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
Today was our landing appointment! It went very well!

So, we decided to get there a little early so we might not have as long of a wait. When we parked, someone gave us free parking! When we got there it was very crowded. Turns out most of the crowd was there for the 8:30 citizenship test. Whew! There were about 8 people ahead of us in line. First we had to form a queue to have our photos checked and make sure we had our receipt. Then we got to sit in chairs until our name was called.

When we were called we all went in. Me, my wife, and my son. The woman was extremely nice and very funny. She asked my wife if she had ever been convicted of a sexual crime, if she had been married before, and if she was a citizen.

Then she asked me if I had committed any crimes, ever been denied entry to Canada, ever been asked to leave, and if I had any dependents that I didn't claim.

Then, because my son is 15 (they do this is the dependent is 14 or older), they asked him the same questions, and also if he had a twin.

Then she had us initial and sign, and we were done! We also then went downstairs to Service Canada so I could update my SIN, and get my kiddo's SIN. I also had them finally update to my married name because I had been worried about changing it during the immigration process. I also went to licensing so I could update our healthcare information and get the expiration date taken off.

It was a GREAT day. Everyone was super nice. One lady asked me if that was my "happy dance". Guess my happy was spilling out. :p

Updated to add our Timeline:
AOR: March 03, 2013
Request for med: January 10, 2014
Medical done: January 21, 2014
AIP/OWP: February 17, 2014
Med Request for adult Daughter: April 4, 2014
Med done for adult Daughter: April 20, 2014
Request for more paperwork: August 16, 2014
DM: February 9, 2015
Landing Letter: February 11, 2015
Landing Interview: February 23, 2015

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
Congratulations olgabizz and acktivity. So happy for you guys. Finally an end to a long trip to becoming a permanent resident. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
olgabizz said:
Hey guys!

Thanks for this detailed application. It is very much appreciated.

BlackDisc

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Linden said:
Congrats frenchwapiti!

So you got your DM in the mail? Out of curiosity isn't it usually by email?

Wonder why they sent it by snail mail.
you are right very often people get it by email. in my case only my husband (sponsor) submitted his email, I did not because I was afraid of not getting the information, because email is not trustful and I only submitted my snail mail address. I suppose that is why. It was already on my ecas since last week though in the snail mail just the official confirmation

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
AckTivity said:
Today was our landing appointment! It went very well!

So, we decided to get there a little early so we might not have as long of a wait. When we parked, someone gave us free parking! When we got there it was very crowded. Turns out most of the crowd was there for the 8:30 citizenship test. Whew! There were about 8 people ahead of us in line. First we had to form a queue to have our photos checked and make sure we had our receipt. Then we got to sit in chairs until our name was called.

When we were called we all went in. Me, my wife, and my son. The woman was extremely nice and very funny. She asked my wife if she had ever been convicted of a sexual crime, if she had been married before, and if she was a citizen.

Then she asked me if I had committed any crimes, ever been denied entry to Canada, ever been asked to leave, and if I had any dependents that I didn't claim.

Then, because my son is 15 (they do this is the dependent is 14 or older), they asked him the same questions, and also if he had a twin.

Then she had us initial and sign, and we were done! We also then went downstairs to Service Canada so I could update my SIN, and get my kiddo's SIN. I also had them finally update to my married name because I had been worried about changing it during the immigration process. I also went to licensing so I could update our healthcare information and get the expiration date taken off.

It was a GREAT day. Everyone was super nice. One lady asked me if that was my "happy dance". Guess my happy was spilling out. :p
what is this information concerning the expiry date of your health care ? my health care card has also an expiry date , does this mean on my landng date I can make a change to that?

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
olgabizz said:
Hey guys!

congrats Olgabizz, i completely understand your state of mind, I am looking forward to my landing interview in about 2 weeks, immigration from inland is a huge cage and we are many who are captured in it. I wish for all my waiting buddies a quick relieve and lucky ending of this painful process
love you all

jayshe25

Star Member
Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville,AB Transfer to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-08-2013
AOR Received.
30-08-2013
File Transfer...
01-03-2014
Med's Request
24-10-2014
Med's Done....
28-10-2014
Interview........
March 16, 2015
VISA ISSUED...
March 16, 2015
LANDED..........
March 16, 2015
Any news from Montreal Inlanders ? Daizey? Any news for your landing interview?

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
frenchwapiti said:
what is this information concerning the expiry date of your health care ? my health care card has also an expiry date , does this mean on my landng date I can make a change to that?
Most people who are waiting for their PR's already have their work permits and health cards but it comes with an expiry date same as their work permits. Once you become a PR you can get an updated heath card which will come without an expiry date. And YES you can get it changed as soon as you get your COPR. :) :)

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
olgabizz said:
Hey guys!

Congratulations once again!! You got your DM on feb 12th and I got mine on Feb 10th for Etobicoke as well but I haven't even got my landing letter yet whereas you've already landed. Would you mind telling when did you receive your landing letter and was it sent by email or snail mail?
Thanks. :) :)

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
SDG said:
Most people who are waiting for their PR's already have their work permits and health cards but it comes with an expiry date same as their work permits. Once you become a PR you can get an updated heath card which will come without an expiry date. And YES you can get it changed as soon as you get your COPR. :) :)
thank you for this info, I will update my health card ofter my landing then and of course keep you all informed :)