+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

gfdvca

Star Member
Sep 5, 2014
Hi guys,

New article published in the Ottawa Citizen.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/long-immigration-process-tearing-us-apart-ottawa-couple-says

_GFDVCA

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
We're Sept 18th.... still nothing...

I have a feeling that i'll hear something this week though...

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
gfdvca said:
Hi guys,

New article published in the Ottawa Citizen.

http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/long-immigration-process-tearing-us-apart-ottawa-couple-says

_GFDVCA
Can some people here please take the time to add comments supporting our fellow CIC-Hostage to this article?
The level of criticism on the couple in the comments to that article is ridiculous. He applied in March, and in March there was an "8 month" wait time that exploded to 17.
What exactly is his wrong-doing? How could he possibly have known that CIC was going to take a 10 month unannounced Holiday?
If CIC had any productivity standards at all he'd be working by now. Some people are so unbelievably ignorant.

Here's some highlights from the article (Emphasis is mine):

Joel Sandaluk, an immigration lawyer, remembers when the first stage of the application was being processed in just a few months. “(CIC) change their procedures so frequently that backlogs can appear and disappear out no where. It makes it very difficult to advise people,” he said.

The problem is that the government doesn’t make their procedures clear to the public, he said. “It really doesn’t have to be this way if Immigration would just assign the appropriate resources to these kinds of determinations.”
This procedure is unnecessarily frustrating, and takes unnecessarily long for no obvious reason. Immigration lawyers can't even provide reasonable advise. If they're training students on 4 month rotations to do this, how hard could it possibly be?

CIC would not comment on why there is a backlog but in an email response said the department is trying to reduce delays and has recently launched a pilot project that allows some applicants to temporarily work during the processing period.
Of course they couldn't comment. Even if you get them on the phone they just conjure up "information" on the spot.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
robytheron5506 said:
To those who's application was received on or before August 10 2013, and already received DM from cpc-m please be as kind to share the initials of your Application officer.
I will be grateful. Good luck to everyone this has been a long journey I believe for a lot
AIP : officer "TD ", then my app was transfer to "RC " at a special unit for a non routine criminal check ."RC " then transferred me to "JE" who approved my background check on Dec 4rth,2014 . Officer "JE " sent my DM email on Jan 8th , 2015 . I was was able to see all this info on my ATIP notes .
Congrats to the few with good news last week , hopefully cic re-start rolling emails this week

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
I would not let this bring you down GustavesF. Most people don't review the comments because they know that is where the racist trolls go to spend their time. It is sad and pathetic that people who have no idea what we are going through think they have the right to comment - but they are a small and committed bunch of losers. It is great to see there are still families who have the courage to bring attention to this ever increasing problematic issue. I have a lot of respect for people who do this!! It's too bad CIC doesn't give a crap - I can't believe they got away with saying they are just not going to comment on the backlog... a government organization that is supposed to be transparent just doesn't feel like commenting?? It is these types of things that make me lose hope every day.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
bankerguy said:
We're Sept 18th.... still nothing...

I have a feeling that i'll hear something this week though...
I hope you are right bankerguy!! I have been feeling like they are headed for another one of their many sabbaticals from processing AIP's and I would way rather you be right than me!!!!

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
Lorelai12 said:
It's too bad CIC doesn't give a crap - I can't believe they got away with saying they are just not going to comment on the backlog... a government organization that is supposed to be transparent just doesn't feel like commenting?? It is these types of things that make me lose hope every day.
The sad fact of the matter is that at least this part of our government is doing an incredibly poor job, and not enough people care about it for anything to change.

I've been heckling my MP's office for months now and they've suggested I try forwarding my concerns to Chris Alexander, whom is either doing a terrible job or is just a figurehead, similar to a cardboard cutout of Colonel Saunders in a KFC.

The automated response I got about 5 weeks ago was that they'd send me a real response within 10 to 30 "working days".
So, while it's still only been 25 "week days" with no response, I don't expect any response at all.
Given the weekly changing processing times, CIC clearly only works one day a week, so I suppose I should be waiting 30 weeks.

Imagine all the money our poor country could be saving by discarding all our inefficient government services for ones that actually work.

vik999

Jul 4, 2014
GTA
Visa Office......
mississauga
I don't understand, why CIC is delaying so much specially the spousal cases. After all there are true families which are facing harsh times. I read another article in news... http://ottawacitizen.com/news/local-news/long-immigration-process-tearing-us-apart-ottawa-couple-says..
Wonder is this a democratic society? "for the people" & "by the people" After all citizens vote for government and if the government department doesn't work or do its job as it is supposed to do .. becomes a problem for the common man.

GustavesF said:
The sad fact of the matter is that at least this part of our government is doing an incredibly poor job, and not enough people care about it for anything to change.

I've been heckling my MP's office for months now and they've suggested I try forwarding my concerns to Chris Alexander, whom is either doing a terrible job or is just a figurehead, similar to a cardboard cutout of Colonel Saunders in a KFC.

The automated response I got about 5 weeks ago was that they'd send me a real response within 10 to 30 "working days".
So, while it's still only been 25 "week days" with no response, I don't expect any response at all.
Given the weekly changing processing times, CIC clearly only works one day a week, so I suppose I should be waiting 30 weeks.

Imagine all the money our poor country could be saving by discarding all our inefficient government services for ones that actually work.

remcie

Jan 23, 2014
Guys,

My journey came to an end last week (18 Feb). I'm a PR now!
The landing in Vancouver was just a formality. They asked the usual, whether I had kids in Canada and whether I ever committed a crime.
They recently also changed their recommendation with regards to getting a permanent SIN, you can now do it right away! I had mine done an hour later.

They told me the PR card would arrive by mail in around 4 weeks or so.

Good luck to everyone stuck in this slow moving process!

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
Congratulations!! :) :) So happy for you and your family. Would you mind letting us know when did you receive your landing letter?

remcie said:
Guys,

My journey came to an end last week (18 Feb). I'm a PR now!
The landing in Vancouver was just a formality. They asked the usual, whether I had kids in Canada and whether I ever committed a crime.
They recently also changed their recommendation with regards to getting a permanent SIN, you can now do it right away! I had mine done an hour later.

They told me the PR card would arrive by mail in around 4 weeks or so.

Good luck to everyone stuck in this slow moving process!

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
SDG said:
Congrats to everyone who got their DM's and lading interview emails.
I received my DM on Feb 10 and it says the ETOBICOKE office will contact you. I have been waiting since then but no emails about the landing interview details. I'm so worried at this point because I was going through the spreadsheet and people who have got their DM on Feb 12 got their email and landing dates already. Even ACS she got her DM and landing interview letter in 4 days. I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting. Any help in regards to this will be appreciated. Thanks guys :)
Hey we are waiting for Etobicoke since Feb 13th. No landing date as well.

BlackDisc

Btun

Oct 20, 2014
I'm waiting for Montreal (February 12th) not even the pre-landing letter.

Blackdisc said:

BlackDisc

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
the good news was in the snail mailbox today!!!

the official DM letter confirming what I already knew from my ecas since last week, letter dated Feb 13 and post stamp Feb 19

and also the letter to inform that my landing interview is scheduled for Friday March 13
I thought it would be in Vancouver,but they send me to a closer office in Kelowna.

I am so super excited right now! Things are coming back to normal and I am sure I will find a job very soon.

I wish everybody a good start like mine into this new week.

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
Blackdisc said:

BlackDisc
Seems like their getting slow after the long weekend. Before that everyone was getting their landing letters within 4-6 days at this office. Waiting at this time is way more harder than it was before when we already waited for a year and a half.

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
frenchwapiti said:
the good news was in the snail mailbox today!!!

the official DM letter confirming what I already knew from my ecas since last week, letter dated Feb 13 and post stamp Feb 19

and also the letter to inform that my landing interview is scheduled for Friday March 13
I thought it would be in Vancouver,but they send me to a closer office in Kelowna.

I am so super excited right now! Things are coming back to normal and I am sure I will find a job very soon.

I wish everybody a good start like mine into this new week.
Hey Congrats :) what an amazing Monday for you the start the week off. Hopefully you will find a job real soon.