13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
ArtSnow said:
It took me 4 months to get my 1st job.
It was at Sobeys on their kitchen.
All you need is to find someone who hires you, and then, don't stop applying for better positions, I am now on my 4th job since July, always climbing, don't give up.
This is 100% the correct attitude to have.

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
ArtSnow said:
It took me 4 months to get my 1st job.
It was at Sobeys on their kitchen.
All you need is to find someone who hires you, and then, don't stop applying for better positions, I am now on my 4th job since July, always climbing, don't give up.
Yup, that's what I'm doing as well. Starting from the bottom and working my way up until I am where I want to be. I'm just glad we finally have the opportunity in doing so!

vinotintazo

Star Member
Jul 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Feb 9, 2015
Doc's Request.
May 2, 2015 (Forms with Typos)
AOR Received.
Mar 29, 2015 OWP: April 27, 2015
Med's Done....
Nov 9, 2014 (Upfront)
Interview........
SA: April 12, 2016 AIP: April 12, 2016 DM: April 12, 2016 Interview: Waived
LANDED..........
May 3, 2016
anascorse said:
Just landed today in Vancouver at Hornby Street.

Waited at a reception where other families/couples waited their turn.

There were 4 booths facing the chairs where applicants/sponsors waited.

After 35min an officer(dressed in casual clothes, in my mind I picture them scary and serious, but they are not at all) called my name. He was very funny,originally from Netherlands, I would say around 54 years old, with an interesting moustache, kept making jokes and smiling.
Asked those questions that he himself sounded bored for asking, as he probably mention them many times a day, and he said were the same questions they asked him when he came to Canada 30 years ago.
He didn't ask any personal questions, nor my partner ID. Just confirmed with us our current address.
Asked for my payment receipt, I showed and he barely looked, I believe he could see on his computer that it was paid. Only took one of my pictures and attached to his copy of the COPR.

I signed the papers, with the officer heavy "John Lennon"pen, he was very helpful with my questions towards the COPR, made some copies of it for me, said my PR card would take from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
Wrote "void" on my current(now not needed :) ) work permit, turned to me with his hand in position to shake mne and said "Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada", turned to my partner and said joking "Congratulations, you can stay."

The whole process took 45minutes, and it's on the list of one of the best days of my life. I can officially call Canada my home.

Now I am off to eat a nice chubby burrito and drink an alcoholic beverage(or some) to celebrate.

My timeline:
AOR August 16th 2013
Requested additional documents beginning November 2014 (Sponsor Option C and Background Declaration for me, note: I sent them with original application), sent them him December 2014
SA November 19th 2014
AIP January 21st 2015
DM January 21st 2015
Landing date February 18th 2015.

My Application:
Common Law Inland Sponsorship
Sent everything all at once, police certificate, medicals, payment.
I did not include Facebook/text/email conversations, just pictures, and an attached paper explaining our story and referring to the questions on the forms. And the usual: our apartment lease, car we purchased together, joint bank account, etc.
However, for every new visa extension, I would always include an explanation letter signed by me and my partner.
I also never called CIC about my application, I decided to just leave it be for my own sake, as my mind was getting really messed up with all the expectation/frustation, I just tried to live my life as best as I could.

If anyone have questions feel free to send me a message.

For everyone else still waiting, your time is coming, and it's going to feel amazing. For now, love your partner and work the relationship as much as you can with what you have.
Great! Congratz

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
HEllo everyone :) great news :)) i just got an email with my landing date for 13th of march.. so excited. I'm wondering what kind of question i should expect just wanna hear from a few people that have had their landing interview. do have have to go with the wife and kids too?
i would really appreciate as many replies as possible and feel free to send them to my inbox. good luck everyone :D

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shaqhal said:
HEllo everyone :) great news :)) i just got an email with my landing date for 13th of march.. so excited. I'm wondering what kind of question i should expect just wanna hear from a few people that have had their landing interview. do have have to go with the wife and kids too?
i would really appreciate as many replies as possible and feel free to send them to my inbox. good luck everyone :D
Hi, congrats!
Could you please share your timeline? According to the spreadsheet you are Marc, 2014 applicant and haven't even got AIP yet... Was your file's processing expedited for some reason?
These will be the three questions:
Have you ever committed a crime?
Do you have any dependent children?
Have you ever been refused entry into Canada?

ramen

Dec 21, 2014
just a note for inlanders: i asked awhile ago and no one seemed to know forsure some gave very silly/bad info but anyways thouse from a visa required country it appears you can apply for a multi entry visa as soon as you get ur open work permit( even the new pilot program one!) on cic website checklist it only showed elegible for applying outside canada applied inside canada anyways offline with only required forms and letter saying was a inland app ( dont even have first stage yet! or a job) got the visa no problem. ofcourse it doesnt guarentee re-entry but in our case we must take the risk and leave

elizaanon

Jan 14, 2015
Hi all, I have a question regarding travel outside of Canada between the landing interview and receiving the PR card.

We have DM and we're expecting to hear from the Vancouver office with our landing date any day now. We are pregnant and want to go a babymoon. We don't want to leave before landing and we are limited as to when the airlines will continue to let pregnant women fly.

From what I am reading on the forum, it seems that the PR card is taking between 50 - 90 days to arrive and we can't wait that long.

Does anyone have any information regarding travel across the Canadian border with only COPR and no PR card? Are there different rules for private vehicle land border crossings versus commercial carrier crossings?

I am from a visa exempt country.

Any info would be helpful.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
elizaanon said:
Hi all, I have a question regarding travel outside of Canada between the landing interview and receiving the PR card.

We have DM and we're expecting to hear from the Vancouver office with our landing date any day now. We are pregnant and want to go a babymoon. We don't want to leave before landing and we are limited as to when the airlines will continue to let pregnant women fly.

From what I am reading on the forum, it seems that the PR card is taking between 50 - 90 days to arrive and we can't wait that long.

Does anyone have any information regarding travel across the Canadian border with only COPR and no PR card? Are there different rules for private vehicle land border crossings versus commercial carrier crossings?

I am from a visa exempt country.

Any info would be helpful.
There is no problem crossing a land border in a private vehicle with only your CoPR. The PR card requirement is imposed by the commercial carriers, but even then, those that are visa-exempt usually have no problems. I can't comment on the airlines' policy regarding travel while being pregnant, but...congratulations!

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Hello guys, on Wednesday I had my landing appointment in Vancouver.

It was very straightforward. We waited for about 45 mins but after our name was called it was pretty fast. About 15 mins.

I saw the guy that "anascorse" is referring to. He seemed like a really cool dude.

Overall the experience is way more informal than you would expect. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The lady that worked in my case said that my PR card will take about 4 weeks to arrive.

At this point she said I can drive abroad with my COPR but I cannot go abroad through air or sea.

I can't believe the process is almost over for me. Such a long time waiting and it felt like forever.

I am looking forward to being able to visit my family in my home country. Haven't seen my parents in over 2 years.

Good luck to everybody. Your time will come!!!

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
PRsoon said:

It was very straightforward. We waited for about 45 mins but after our name was called it was pretty fast. About 15 mins.

I saw the guy that "anascorse" is referring to. He seemed like a really cool dude.

Overall the experience is way more informal than you would expect. The staff is very friendly and helpful.

The lady that worked in my case said that my PR card will take about 4 weeks to arrive.

At this point she said I can drive abroad with my COPR but I cannot go abroad through air or sea.

I can't believe the process is almost over for me. Such a long time waiting and it felt like forever.

I am looking forward to being able to visit my family in my home country. Haven't seen my parents in over 2 years.

Hello,

Congratz to you!!

quick question - you said that the lady who worked my case" do you mean that the case processing officer who granted you DM was at the vancouver office ?? thats cool...i figured that all the case officers would be hidden away in some big office

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
Ponga said:
There is no problem crossing a land border in a private vehicle with only your CoPR. The PR card requirement is imposed by the commercial carriers, but even then, those that are visa-exempt usually have no problems. I can't comment on the airlines' policy regarding travel while being pregnant, but...congratulations!
I'm visa exempt, I work offshore and I'm crossing the border every month... in and out to work. I'm an INLAND applicant from mid September. I haven't had any issues crossing borders for work all this time. Ive done it through commercial and private.

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
PRsoon said:

Congrats, PRsoon. Your nickname has come true at last.

shaqhal

Star Member
Dec 14, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Doc's Request.
yes
AOR Received.
yes
Med's Done....
yes
Interview........
?
Passport Req..
?
VISA ISSUED...
?
LANDED..........
?
PRsoon said:

What questons did they ask?

PRsoon

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
bankerguy said:
Hello,

Congratz to you!!

quick question - you said that the lady who worked my case" do you mean that the case processing officer who granted you DM was at the vancouver office ?? thats cool...i figured that all the case officers would be hidden away in some big office
No no, the office in the landing appointment had nothing to do with my case prior to the meeting. I meant that she was the one who I spoke with in the landing appointment and she granted my permanent residence.