Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
JohnnyP said:
Congrats, PRsoon. Your nickname has come true at last.
Yes finally! :)

I tried to change my username but I think it is not possible.

I guess I will keep it for the memories.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Hi All, Just wanted to let you guys know that my hubby received the email that he was approved to be a sponsor on Wed Feb 18th. He just checked his emailed last night after a busy work week! Only one email so far and it says that I will be contacted shortly. Hubby blew a fuse shortly after receiving email when I told him now I wait for the second part of the email and I told him it could be a day or a few months. 'I'm glad we don't live near the processing office because he has threatened to go down there himself and give someone a earful but I actually thought he was going to get in the car last night. He's not a paperwork person so I don't stress him with details, he seriously though that the email meant that this process was over for me...ROTFLMAO

Anyhoot, My application was received on Sept 23rd 2013.
Will update when my email arrives. Am also attempting to get my old SIN from 18 years again activated on MON, I tried with my work permit 3 weeks ago and the Service Canada office was having major trouble getting it done and told me to come back.

Audjgal

Star Member
Aug 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-09-2013
AOR Received.
11-10-2013
Med's Done....
20-08-2013
Uhmmmmm,

I had a look at the spreadsheet and realised that there are a few people that have had requests for more info. Am now waiting for my husband to get home and dig through his old emails and see if we rec a request as well. I never asked him to look for one and like I said he's terrible with paperwork so I'm worried the request was missed.
Are the requests via email or regular mail?

I know its been a long wait but I'm just so relieved that at least OHIP coverage for me is 6 weeks away!

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Audjgal said:
Hi All, Just wanted to let you guys know that my hubby received the email that he was approved to be a sponsor on Wed Feb 18th. He just checked his emailed last night after a busy work week! Only one email so far and it says that I will be contacted shortly. Hubby blew a fuse shortly after receiving email when I told him now I wait for the second part of the email and I told him it could be a day or a few months. 'I'm glad we don't live near the processing office because he has threatened to go down there himself and give someone a earful but I actually thought he was going to get in the car last night. He's not a paperwork person so I don't stress him with details, he seriously though that the email meant that this process was over for me...ROTFLMAO

Will update when my email arrives. Am also attempting to get my old SIN from 18 years again activated on MON, I tried with my work permit 3 weeks ago and the Service Canada office was having major trouble getting it done and told me to come back.
Omg Sep 23.....its getting more exciting for me cuz Im only one day apart from you....maybe next week we ll see more AIP and DM?

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
I'm Sept 13, havent heard anything yet but thats also a little bit my own fault. They requested more information.

Proof of cohabitation of a couple of months in 2011 and proof of common-law.We sent that in mid January. Oh well, we'll see.

SDG

Feb 21, 2015
Congrats to everyone who got their DM's and lading interview emails.
I received my DM on Feb 10 and it says the ETOBICOKE office will contact you. I have been waiting since then but no emails about the landing interview details. I'm so worried at this point because I was going through the spreadsheet and people who have got their DM on Feb 12 got their email and landing dates already. Even ACS she got her DM and landing interview letter in 4 days. I'm still waiting and waiting and waiting. Any help in regards to this will be appreciated. Thanks guys :)

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
Does anyone know how it works from taxation point of view. Ever since I applied for Permanent Residency, which is September 2013 I haven't looked into this, would I have to pay income tax in Canada from that moment on? Obviously I dont have a SIN number yet so I wouldnt know what to fill in there nor do I have a T4.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
BaCo said:
Does anyone know how it works from taxation point of view. Ever since I applied for Permanent Residency, which is September 2013 I haven't looked into this, would I have to pay income tax in Canada from that moment on? Obviously I dont have a SIN number yet so I wouldnt know what to fill in there nor do I have a T4.
Have you been working? If you have not then you don't have to pay any taxes. It is important that your spouse is filing as married though, otherwise, he/she could be penalized.

BaCo

Mar 12, 2011
Yes I have been working, but not in Canada itself or for a Canadian company. I'm an offshore worker and get paid out of Europe. My spouse has filled in her tax-return that she is common-law. She had to pay a little bit extra, but I;m sure it wasnt for what I earned.

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
BaCo said:
Yes I have been working, but not in Canada itself or for a Canadian company. I'm an offshore worker and get paid out of Europe. My spouse has filled in her tax-return that she is common-law. She had to pay a little bit extra, but I;m sure it wasnt for what I earned.
Read this:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1exVjDW_qTVuCdi9Fnd5pKlOSA-XJ82Z4JDUZkUtQrE8/edit#heading=h.i841mgb50l94

AckTivity

Star Member
Jan 11, 2014
Alberta, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
20-03-2013
Doc's Request.
13-01-2014 (mailed 24-01-2014)
Nomination.....
AIP: 17-02-2014
AOR Received.
04-04-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2014
Med's Done....
21-01-2014
Interview........
WAIVED
LANDED..........
23-02-2015
April Fajardo said:
Hi everyone
Has anyone who got the OWP been successful getting a job after being unemployed for almost 1-2 years because of the long PR process? Or its just me and my luck?
Sigh.
I hadn't worked in 3 and a half years. It took a little while to get a job, but now I'm working at the University of Alberta. Just keep sending your resume out, eventually someone will choose you. :)

Also, if you're too worried, it wouldn't hurt to have someone take a peek at it to make sure it's up to snuff.

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
Does anyone know if when you have condition 51 (cohabitation for 2 years), if you have to update CIC in case you and you partner move together to a different city?
Like if they don't have mine and my partner current address how does it work proving we are still together? Should we try updating our address or at the end of these 2 years they are just going to send request for any proof of cohabitation (bills, etc)

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
Audjgal said:

Fantastic news.

I'm a Sept 27, 2013 applicant. Really hoping my application is around the corner (and no more information requests)

robytheron5506

Star Member
Mar 15, 2014
To those who's application was received on or before August 10 2013, and already received DM from cpc-m please be as kind to share the initials of your Application officer.
I will be grateful. Good luck to everyone this has been a long journey I believe for a lot