Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
frenchwapiti said:
HI GUYS!!!
I just looked into my ecas and it says

DECISION MADE!!!!

I can't believe it!!!! I was resigned to wait until July and now it is already here!!!!!

I still have to wait for the official letter in the mail.

JohnnyP , did you here anything?
Hi Frenchwapiti. Im so happy for you . Finally! hope you get your landing interview soon. Johnny P, youre next.

Oct 20, 2014
pascal19 said:
I understand. Send now to FBI and file the proof to CIC and let's see. My friend lives here in Montreal ,left USA 4years ago and last year,she sent to FBI and 3-4 weeks after, she received her FBI clearance from Virginia. I hope for us too. u never know.

Keep Hope
Thanks Pascal19!

anascorse

Oct 6, 2014
Just landed today in Vancouver at Hornby Street.

Waited at a reception where other families/couples waited their turn.

There were 4 booths facing the chairs where applicants/sponsors waited.

After 35min an officer(dressed in casual clothes, in my mind I picture them scary and serious, but they are not at all) called my name. He was very funny,originally from Netherlands, I would say around 54 years old, with an interesting moustache, kept making jokes and smiling.
Asked those questions that he himself sounded bored for asking, as he probably mention them many times a day, and he said were the same questions they asked him when he came to Canada 30 years ago.
He didn't ask any personal questions, nor my partner ID. Just confirmed with us our current address.
Asked for my payment receipt, I showed and he barely looked, I believe he could see on his computer that it was paid. Only took one of my pictures and attached to his copy of the COPR.

I signed the papers, with the officer heavy "John Lennon"pen, he was very helpful with my questions towards the COPR, made some copies of it for me, said my PR card would take from 4 to 6 weeks to arrive.
Wrote "void" on my current(now not needed :) ) work permit, turned to me with his hand in position to shake mne and said "Congratulations you are now a Permanent Resident of Canada", turned to my partner and said joking "Congratulations, you can stay."

The whole process took 45minutes, and it's on the list of one of the best days of my life. I can officially call Canada my home.

Now I am off to eat a nice chubby burrito and drink an alcoholic beverage(or some) to celebrate.

My timeline:
AOR August 16th 2013
Requested additional documents beginning November 2014 (Sponsor Option C and Background Declaration for me, note: I sent them with original application), sent them him December 2014
SA November 19th 2014
AIP January 21st 2015
DM January 21st 2015
Landing date February 18th 2015.

My Application:
Common Law Inland Sponsorship
Sent everything all at once, police certificate, medicals, payment.
I did not include Facebook/text/email conversations, just pictures, and an attached paper explaining our story and referring to the questions on the forms. And the usual: our apartment lease, car we purchased together, joint bank account, etc.
However, for every new visa extension, I would always include an explanation letter signed by me and my partner.
I also never called CIC about my application, I decided to just leave it be for my own sake, as my mind was getting really messed up with all the expectation/frustation, I just tried to live my life as best as I could.

If anyone have questions feel free to send me a message.

For everyone else still waiting, your time is coming, and it's going to feel amazing. For now, love your partner and work the relationship as much as you can with what you have.

michellechu22

Feb 19, 2015
I had a question, please help...

We just received the letter for the PR interview 2 days ago and the interview will be held in next week! I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant, the letter mentioned that we need to bring

1) my husbands passport
2) 2 photos
3) my husbands proof of work(if any) or any social welfare he is getting (if any)

And the sponsor need to attend the interview.
The problem is my husband doesn't speak English, in this case, can I be his interpreter or we need to find another person to be interpreter?

Anyone had similar experience can help?

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
michellechu22 said:
I had a question, please help...

We just received the letter for the PR interview 2 days ago and the interview will be held in next week! I am the sponsor and my husband is the applicant, the letter mentioned that we need to bring

1) my husbands passport
2) 2 photos
3) my husbands proof of work(if any) or any social welfare he is getting (if any)

And the sponsor need to attend the interview.
The problem is my husband doesn't speak English, in this case, can I be his interpreter or we need to find another person to be interpreter?

Anyone had similar experience can help?
don't think you really need 1

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
Congratz to Anascorse!!!!! and thanks for giving us all the details and not just going "got dm today, good luck"

They moved the date forward one day - Sept 13th 2015. Hopefully it will move forward to Sept 16th ( a Monday) sometime this week.

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
Congratz to Anascorse!!!!! and thanks for giving us all the details and not just going "got dm today, good luck"

They moved the date forward one day - Sept 13th 2015. Hopefully it will move forward to Sept 16th ( a Monday) sometime this week.
You mean Sept 13th 2013, right? ;)

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Hi everyone
Has anyone who got the OWP been successful getting a job after being unemployed for almost 1-2 years because of the long PR process? Or its just me and my luck?
Sigh.

Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
April Fajardo said:
Hi everyone
Has anyone who got the OWP been successful getting a job after being unemployed for almost 1-2 years because of the long PR process? Or its just me and my luck?
Sigh.
Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

My husband got a job with his OWP, but he also sent his resume to several places and only heard back from one.

It can depend on the area you live, and how many places are hiring.

Keep on trying though, and I'm sure you'll get one soon!

EDIT: One thing that my husband did do, is state on his resume and cover letter that he's been 'stuck in immigration' for almost two years, thus unable to work, and that he has just now received his work permit. He also gave a brief description of what he's done with these months he wasn't able to work (he devoted his time to learning, etc.) If you haven't done this already, it may be worth a try. Hope this helps!

Gaymer

Star Member
Apr 28, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-05-2014
AOR Received.
08-08-2014
Med's Done....
13-06-2015
LANDED..........
03-11-2015
April Fajardo said:
Hi everyone
Sigh.
Keep trying. Hell, even apply for lower tier jobs in order to build up that resume again. That's what I'm doing. I've applied to so many jobs in the last 3 weeks and I've only been on 4 interviews. I managed to finally secure a job this week and will be starting on Monday. It just takes patience, lots of it. Oh, and I've been unemployed since 2006, so you can best believe I had to find creative ways to explain the huge gap in my resume.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
April Fajardo said:
Hi everyone
Sigh.
It is not just you, me too i am still searching. I was told that only 20% of the job offers are advertised and that 80% are from relations, somebody who knows somebody etc.

I don't know anybidy.... so my chances to find a job are -80%?

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Kae12345 said:
Sorry to hear you're having trouble!

My husband got a job with his OWP, but he also sent his resume to several places and only heard back from one.

It can depend on the area you live, and how many places are hiring.

Keep on trying though, and I'm sure you'll get one soon!

EDIT: One thing that my husband did do, is state on his resume and cover letter that he's been 'stuck in immigration' for almost two years, thus unable to work, and that he has just now received his work permit. He also gave a brief description of what he's done with these months he wasn't able to work (he devoted his time to learning, etc.) If you haven't done this already, it may be worth a try. Hope this helps!
Thanks for tip. Thats a good idea.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
frenchwapiti said:
It is not just you, me too i am still searching. I was told that only 20% of the job offers are advertised and that 80% are from relations, somebody who knows somebody etc.

I don't know anybidy.... so my chances to find a job are -80%?
Me too, I don't have any connections aside from my husband and I have no chances even at his work place even if he refer me as no positions available there.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
April Fajardo said:
Me too, I don't have any connections aside from my husband and I have no chances even at his work place even if he refer me as no positions available there.
Start with A JOB, it doesn't have to be your dream one, then just climb up the ladder as time goes. It's so much easier to find something once you're already working ANYWHERE

ArtSnow

Star Member
May 2, 2013
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
12-03-2013
Doc's Request.
14-01-2014
AOR Received.
20-03-2013
Med's Request
02-02-2015
Med's Done....
07-01-2013
Interview........
05-06-2015
LANDED..........
02-07-2015
It took me 4 months to get my 1st job.
It was at Sobeys on their kitchen.
All you need is to find someone who hires you, and then, don't stop applying for better positions, I am now on my 4th job since July, always climbing, don't give up.