Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
DM on Feb 2....

And on Feb. 6...me, the sponsor got the Landing Interview letter (but addressed to my husband)...is that normal?

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview
that has been scheduled for:
DATE: 12/FEB/2015 TIME: ANYTIME BETWEEN 1:00 PM AND 3:00 PM

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
ACS said:
DM on Feb 2....

And on Feb. 6...me, the sponsor got the Landing Interview letter (but addressed to my husband)...is that normal?

Dear Sir/Madam:
I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview
that has been scheduled for:
DATE: 12/FEB/2015 TIME: ANYTIME BETWEEN 1:00 PM AND 3:00 PM

Congrats! Finally you are almost done! I got DM on Wednesday so hoping to get landing interview soon!

yata520

Oct 9, 2013
alexandre1610 said:
Icorrecteived my DM last Friday and today I received a pre-landing via email. They attached me a file in Word and I need to print it out and fill up some information (Date of birth, Entry date to Canada,....) then return it to them within 5 days after receiving their email.
Can anyone tell me whether I have to send it via email or Canada Post? And how about the photos, I send it together or bring it during my landing interview?
Thanks
i remembered i got same thing .we make sure everything in that info is correct and correct one passport mistake with2 pr photos then sent by Canada's post. 3 to 4 weeks later got landing date.

alexandre1610

Star Member
Nov 26, 2013
yata520 said:
i remembered i got same thing .we make sure everything in that info is correct and correct one passport mistake with2 pr photos then sent by Canada's post. 3 to 4 weeks later got landing date.
Can we attach the document via email? They sent me the pre-landing via email and say that I can return it via email too and the photos will be given during the interview. I hear two people already who sent it with photos by Canada's Post. Thanks you.

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
Hello,

Background: I am a Canadian Permanent resident, I'm from Ecuador. I met my husband back in 2007 while my sister(Canadian Citizen) applied for my PR under family class. I started dating my husband in 2008 and our relationship began to become stronger. In 2011 we decided that we wanted to stay the rest of our lives together but we decided not to get married until I received my Canadian PR. In March 2012 we celebrate a party-wedding because of the fact that we knew that if we wanted to get married in CANADA not all of our relatives and friends could be present. Even though we celebrated a wedding party in Ecuador we never got LEGALLY married in our country.
In July 2012 I landed in Canada as a permanent resident and my marital status as SINGLE. I stayed here in Canada for about 2 months while my husband stayed in Ecuador. I received my PR Card in Sept 2012 and went back to Ecuador to finish school.
In June 2013 my husband and me came to Canada and we OFFICIALLY got married in Ontario in July 2013, we had a small ceremony with a few guests. He came here with a one entry student visa because he assisted to school for a short period of time. In Nov 2013 we sent our application for inland sponsorship and in the application we sent a bunch of pictures of the "Wedding" in Ecuador, we also explained in the support letters that we had a "Wedding" in Ecuador with many guest and that we also had relatives from Canada over to the party. In the forms we putted that we got married on the date that we got married in Canada and we also attached our Ontario marriage certificate.

My husband already has OWP that he got through the Pilot Project and also a TRV the he was able to apply from within Canada after getting his OWP.

PROBLEM IS:
Today I was browsing the forums and I found this topic: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-married-before-landing-in-canada-t264841.0.html#msg3922344

In that forum a user states: "If you marry before you land (or are in a common-law relationship), and then land without properly declaring the change in marital status, you will be forever banned from sponsoring your partner . . . and, your own PR status may be in jeopardy for misrepresentation (by omission)."

I never got legally married in my country and in my country I'm still single but when we filled our application in the letters supporting our relationship we wrote down that we had a "Wedding" in Ecuador. Is this a big deal in my situation? What should I do now? Could my application be rejected because of this?
I would really appreciate any advice

Does somebody know how to send correspondence CIC? I'm thinking of getting married in the Ecuadorian consulate in toronto so that they can see we were not married before I landed here. Has anybody been successful sending documentation to be attached to your inland sponsorship application?

Any help would be appreciated ....

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
woodyc said:
So I did a upfront medical when we applied for P.R ( it was only 10 months wait start to finish when we applied ) thought one year for medical to expire would be fine . We got AIP in Feb 2014 & since then Ecas has said medical results received.

What are the chances off CIC asking for another medical ? Since it's expired now. Has any other members had medical results on ecas & still got asked to do another medical ?
Don't really want to have to pay another $300 for medical & more delays cause CIC can't do their job efficiently.
I wouldn't worry too much Woodyc , my medical was expired too and my ecas said medical results received. I never got asked to re-do mine.

RRSweet

Star Member
Aug 23, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-07-2013
AOR Received.
22-08-2013
Med's Request
sent with app
Med's Done....
10-07-2013
Interview........
AIP: August 8, 2014 OWP Received August 15, 2014 Decision Made: Jan. 26, 2015
LANDED..........
12-02-2015
Anyone know if immigration asks to see your original birth certificate at the landing appointment?

Andy1432

Feb 5, 2015
I got this email today,,, please let me know if anyone know about interview what they looking for at the interview,,,,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
 All of your dependents if they are included in this application
 Your own interpreter, if required
 Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class.
(NOTE: your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address)
 If you have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, $490 is required.

 2 Photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for specifications
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.
DATE: 13/FEB/2015 TIME:

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Andy1432 said:
I got this email today,,, please let me know if anyone know about interview what they looking for at the interview,,,,

I am pleased to advise you that the processing of your application for permanent residence will be finalized at an interview that has been scheduled for:
In order to grant you permanent residence, you must provide us with satisfactory original identity documents. All applicants must provide their original valid passport at the landing interview.
You must attend the interview with the following:
 All of your dependents if they are included in this application
 Your own interpreter, if required
 Your sponsor if you are being landed under the In-Canada Spousal Class.
(NOTE: your sponsor must bring photo identification and proof of address)
 If you have not yet paid the Right of Permanent Residence Fee, $490 is required.

 2 Photos for each person on this application taken within the last 12 months - see enclosed appendix for specifications
Failure to appear for this interview may be interpreted as evidence that you are no longer seeking permanent residence in Canada and your file may be closed. For any questions you may contact the Call Centre at 1-888-242-2100.
DATE: 13/FEB/2015 TIME:
You'll be asked 3 questions, like have you committed a crime, about your dependents and one more I can't remember. Congratulations!!!

AchankengCrawford

Feb 13, 2013
Cameroon
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville to Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-08-2013
AOR Received.
14-09-2013
josuetenista said:
Hello,

Background: I am a Canadian Permanent resident, I'm from Ecuador. I met my husband back in 2007 while my sister(Canadian Citizen) applied for my PR under family class. I started dating my husband in 2008 and our relationship began to become stronger. In 2011 we decided that we wanted to stay the rest of our lives together but we decided not to get married until I received my Canadian PR. In March 2012 we celebrate a party-wedding because of the fact that we knew that if we wanted to get married in CANADA not all of our relatives and friends could be present. Even though we celebrated a wedding party in Ecuador we never got LEGALLY married in our country.
In July 2012 I landed in Canada as a permanent resident and my marital status as SINGLE. I stayed here in Canada for about 2 months while my husband stayed in Ecuador. I received my PR Card in Sept 2012 and went back to Ecuador to finish school.
In June 2013 my husband and me came to Canada and we OFFICIALLY got married in Ontario in July 2013, we had a small ceremony with a few guests. He came here with a one entry student visa because he assisted to school for a short period of time. In Nov 2013 we sent our application for inland sponsorship and in the application we sent a bunch of pictures of the "Wedding" in Ecuador, we also explained in the support letters that we had a "Wedding" in Ecuador with many guest and that we also had relatives from Canada over to the party. In the forms we putted that we got married on the date that we got married in Canada and we also attached our Ontario marriage certificate.

My husband already has OWP that he got through the Pilot Project and also a TRV the he was able to apply from within Canada after getting his OWP.

PROBLEM IS:
Today I was browsing the forums and I found this topic: http://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/getting-married-before-landing-in-canada-t264841.0.html#msg3922344

In that forum a user states: "If you marry before you land (or are in a common-law relationship), and then land without properly declaring the change in marital status, you will be forever banned from sponsoring your partner . . . and, your own PR status may be in jeopardy for misrepresentation (by omission)."

I never got legally married in my country and in my country I'm still single but when we filled our application in the letters supporting our relationship we wrote down that we had a "Wedding" in Ecuador. Is this a big deal in my situation? What should I do now? Could my application be rejected because of this?
I would really appreciate any advice

Does somebody know how to send correspondence CIC? I'm thinking of getting married in the Ecuadorian consulate in toronto so that they can see we were not married before I landed here. Has anybody been successful sending documentation to be attached to your inland sponsorship application?

Any help would be appreciated ....
I don't know if this is helpful for you or not, but we had a similar situation. We had a traditional wedding ceremony in Cameroon, but did not have a legal ceremony (and are still not legally married - we applied as common-law). We explained this in a letter in the application and also included pictures of our wedding ceremony in Cameroon. At the time when everyone around our date were getting AIP, my husband got a call from the officer processing our file and she asked for clarification on why we applied as a common-law, but had pictures of a wedding. My husband (the applicant), explained that in his culture you have more than one ceremony, only one of which is legal and that we had done the traditional/tribal wedding, but not yet the legal. She asked us to put that on paper and fax it to her, which we did. We got our AIP a few days after that. I think we had a good officer who chose to call us instead of bringing us in for an interview for a simple question like that. Hopefully if the officer processing your application is confused you could get a similar phone call. Worst case scenario would be an interview (at least you have OWP though!) which would delay the process. But you didn't lie on your application, so I think you should be fine. Best of luck!

josuetenista

Oct 8, 2014
Toronto, ON
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V -> CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-11-2013
AOR Received.
12-12-2013
AchankengCrawford said:
I don't know if this is helpful for you or not, but we had a similar situation. We had a traditional wedding ceremony in Cameroon, but did not have a legal ceremony (and are still not legally married - we applied as common-law). We explained this in a letter in the application and also included pictures of our wedding ceremony in Cameroon. At the time when everyone around our date were getting AIP, my husband got a call from the officer processing our file and she asked for clarification on why we applied as a common-law, but had pictures of a wedding. My husband (the applicant), explained that in his culture you have more than one ceremony, only one of which is legal and that we had done the traditional/tribal wedding, but not yet the legal. She asked us to put that on paper and fax it to her, which we did. We got our AIP a few days after that. I think we had a good officer who chose to call us instead of bringing us in for an interview for a simple question like that. Hopefully if the officer processing your application is confused you could get a similar phone call. Worst case scenario would be an interview (at least you have OWP though!) which would delay the process. But you didn't lie on your application, so I think you should be fine. Best of luck!
Thanks for sharing your experience. The only thing that scares me is to get refused as sponsor without even being called for interview or clarification of our marital status before landing. we included a lot of pictures of our "Wedding" ceremony but we didn't specify that it was just a wedding party and nothing LEGAL. Do you think that I could be able to send a letter to be attached to my application ? My application reception date is Nov 3 2013 so I guess I don't have much time left before an officer stars processing my application...thanks again for your response

bankerguy

Jun 6, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
website says Sept 10th....

It took a week to move it forward 1 day.

At this rate i'm 8 weeks away from having my application reviewed -.-

2013CJF

Star Member
Jan 28, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-12-2013
AOR Received.
09-01-2014
File Transfer...
01-02-2014
Med's Request
26-03-2015
Med's Done....
28-03-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015
Called CIC, they said that my husband's OWP is "in processing," does that mean we should get it soon??

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
RRSweet said:
I wouldn't worry too much Woodyc , my medical was expired too and my ecas said medical results received. I never got asked to re-do mine.
Well, I wouldn't be so sure about it. Its 50-50 chance. They requested redo my medical and my ecas says that medical have been received. I think they pick people to redo medicals the same way they send OWP. No logic!

yulialake

Oct 2, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
bankerguy said:
website says Sept 10th....

It took a week to move it forward 1 day.

At this rate i'm 8 weeks away from having my application reviewed -.-
I feel like I saw somebody from Sep 12 got DM. (maybe I'm wrong) but I wouldnt count on those dates on their site. I think its a big time BS