13/09/2013
Doc's Request.
sent with app - app received Sept 18, 2013
AOR Received.
04/10/13
IELTS Request
n/a
File Transfer...
V --> M OWP received Jan 9th (pilot program)
Med's Request
AIP Feb 25/2015 & DM FEB 27/2015
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
March 18, 2015
There are like 11 people ahead of me on the bloody excel spreadsheet...

hurry up CIC !!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville (now sent to CPC-M)
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
SA 06-11-2014/AIP 17-11-2014
AOR Received.
26-09-2013 (didn't get email-called CIC)
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
missworld13 said:
Hi guys, i landed today at etobicoke office... it was quick landing... they asked us to come on counter and then she just asked my photo id and passport copy.. they even didn't ask for my hubby's photo id.... the lady just told me whats my rights etc and couple of signs...
i didnt apply for sin now... i will apply once i get my pr card...
Congrats missworld! :)

What date did you receive your DM, and how much later your landing interview date?

My hubby got DM on Feb.2nd and said Etobicoke will contact us to set up the landing interview date:
"We are pleased to advise you that processing of your application has been completed. The Canada Immigration Centre in ETOBICOKE will contact you to arrange an appointment for the finalization of your permanent resident application."

Were they nice at the office? Did they ask you the standard 3 questions: -Committed a crime? -Dependent children? -Ever been denied entry into Canada? (I think that's what they are?) Do they explain anything first or just give you those questions?

fishbone17

Nov 4, 2012
Hi! Just received DM today, landing in Vancouver. Does anyone know how long it takes before landing letter is sent, and is this also sent via email?
By the way, whoever is updating the sheet, my AOR is Aug 28, 2013, not Sept 14. Thanks!

kismetfatum

Star Member
Jun 2, 2014
missworld13 said:
Hi guys, i landed today at etobicoke office... it was quick landing... they asked us to come on counter and then she just asked my photo id and passport copy.. they even didn't ask for my hubby's photo id.... the lady just told me whats my rights etc and couple of signs...
i didnt apply for sin now... i will apply once i get my pr card...

Hi I received DM yesterday!! Applied July 31, 2013 and requested to send police certificate from home country. I was advised Etobicoke office will contact me. Hope this doesn't take so long! Almost there!

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
kismetfatum said:
Hi I received DM yesterday!! Applied July 31, 2013 and requested to send police certificate from home country. I was advised Etobicoke office will contact me. Hope this doesn't take so long! Almost there!
Congrats kismetfatum & fishbone! :)

We are waiting to hear from Etobicoke too! Hubby got DM on Feb.2.
I am sooo anxious to know how long it takes them to make a landing appointment and how far ahead they are booking...
Hoping to hear soon from someone who has recently landed at Etobicoke about that!

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
OWP received May 26.2015, SA & AIP August 31, 2015, DM on September 3, 2015
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
ACS said:
Congrats kismetfatum & fishbone! :)

We are waiting to hear from Etobicoke too! Hubby got DM on Feb.2.
I am sooo anxious to know how long it takes them to make a landing appointment and how far ahead they are booking...
Hoping to hear soon from someone who has recently landed at Etobicoke about that!
I know it might be an obvious question to you guys, but I have no idea what landing actually means. Are we landing in the same city we live in? What's the interview about when we 'land'? And how can we land somewhere if we're already in Canada...?
I'm confused ::)

Ponga

VIP Member
Oct 22, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MaryLou6 said:
I know it might be an obvious question to you guys, but I have no idea what landing actually means. Are we landing in the same city we live in? What's the interview about when we 'land'? And how can we land somewhere if we're already in Canada...?
Landing...is simply the final step to becoming a permanent resident of Canada.

If you applied Outland and are already in Canada, you can simply drive to the nearest land border (with your CoPR document) and `flag pole' to land. This means that when you get to the U.S. side of the border, you tell them that you are landing as a PR of Canada and they will issue you an administrative refusal (not as bad as it sounds) and turn you back around to the CBSA side of the line. You present your CoPR document to them and they ask you a few questions (this is the `interview'). You then sign your CoPR and you're done.

If you applied Inland, you must wait for CIC to contact you with the date,time and location of your landing interview. Generally, you do land at your nearest CIC office.

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
Ponga said:
Landing...is simply the final step to becoming a permanent resident of Canada.

If you applied Outland and are already in Canada, you can simply drive to the nearest land border (with your CoPR document) and `flag pole' to land. This means that when you get to the U.S. side of the border, you tell them that you are landing as a PR of Canada and they will issue you an administrative refusal (not as bad as it sounds) and turn you back around to the CBSA side of the line. You present your CoPR document to them and they ask you a few questions (this is the `interview'). You then sign your CoPR and you're done.

If you applied Inland, you must wait for CIC to contact you with the date,time and location of your landing interview. Generally, you do land at your nearest CIC office.
Thanks for clarifying that for me Ponga :)

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
MaryLou6 said:
No worries, I wondered the same thing before. :)

It is still called "Landing" when you go for the final interview after you get your DM, and when basically the whole process is done (except for waiting for the actual PR card in the mail)....to my understanding.

There are different offices for landing, you will be sent to the one closest to you. There is Etobicoke, Scarborough, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal that I know of...sure there are tonnes more....

The interview is basically 3 questions that they ask the applicant I believe - have you ever committed a crime - do you have a dependent child (not one together) - have you ever been refused admission to Canada. If you haven't paid the full immigration fees, you pay it then, or I think you may have to bring your receipt?

I am also in the process of trying to clear some of this up, as I didn't pay as close attention to this portion of the process when we were just dying to get AIP and OWP....and wasn't expecting DM yet, so I am trying to find some more info on it as well.

Anyone who has recently been thru this process or who is more familiar with it: Feel free to chime in !!! :)

MaryLou6

Oct 23, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Mississauga, INLAND
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-09-2014, common-law
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
14-10-2014
Med's Done....
upfront
LANDED..........
24-09-2015
ACS said:
No worries, I wondered the same thing before. :)

It is still called "Landing" when you go for the final interview after you get your DM, and when basically the whole process is done (except for waiting for the actual PR card in the mail)....to my understanding.

There are different offices for landing, you will be sent to the one closest to you. There is Etobicoke, Scarborough, Edmonton, Vancouver, Montreal that I know of...sure there are tonnes more....

The interview is basically 3 questions that they ask the applicant I believe - have you ever committed a crime - do you have a dependent child (not one together) - have you ever been refused admission to Canada. If you haven't paid the full immigration fees, you pay it then, or I think you may have to bring your receipt?

I am also in the process of trying to clear some of this up, as I didn't pay as close attention to this portion of the process when we were just dying to get AIP and OWP....and wasn't expecting DM yet, so I am trying to find some more info on it as well.

Anyone who has recently been thru this process or who is more familiar with it: Feel free to chime in !!! :)
Thanks ACS :) I live in Edmonton, so it wouldn't be a long drive. It is a long wait however haha

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Arrrggg..having a brain block, and the search function is not being as useful as I would hope...

I am ordering my GCMS notes again...Do I still need to submit a consent form (as my husband is the applicant), but I am the Canadian Citizen, so I have to request it, but I am now an authorized representative on his file? So if I am listed as an authorized rep, is it ok not to send the consent form?

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
ACS said:
Arrrggg..having a brain block, and the search function is not being as useful as I would hope...

I am ordering my GCMS notes again...Do I still need to submit a consent form (as my husband is the applicant), but I am the Canadian Citizen, so I have to request it, but I am now an authorized representative on his file? So if I am listed as an authorized rep, is it ok not to send the consent form?
Your husband can order them also , as he an individual currently present in Canada , but either way you do it , o he orders them , a consent letter must be attached . Etobicoke is taking around 2 weeks to land applicants after DM ( seen lately ) , it's a good idea ordering notes .

ACS

May 30, 2013
Mississauga, Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2013
Doc's Request.
AOR Received.
Med's Request
Sent With
Med's Done....
03-06-2013
Interview........
DM 02-02-2014
Tilikun said:
Your husband can order them also , as he an individual currently present in Canada , but either way you do it , o he orders them , a consent letter must be attached . Etobicoke is taking around 2 weeks to land applicants after DM ( seen lately ) , it's a good idea ordering notes .
Are the GCMS notes still seeming to come out only after 30 days?
Sort of hoping to get the notes before we land...