28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Tilikun said:
Congratulations shyla36! I remember I got DM on a Thursday, and then the landing email came from CIC Edmonton the following Monday , good luck !
Thank you so much tilikun. Im still ecstatic. Im watching my email like a hawk. Seems like im getting my life back even if im still on jobhunting mode. -:) and congrats again to you!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
shyla36 said:
Woot woot!!! DM for me here.
So for those landing in Edmonton, did you receive landing interview via mail or email? Im asking because they messed up with my address before and worried that i may miss the letter if it is mailed. Also, my DM letter just states bringing the passport. I didnt see other requirements like photos which i saw from other letters? Or were those other requirements written in the landing letter? I wiill appreciate your responses. Hang in there everyone!
Omg!Congrats! !

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
shyla36 said:
Woot woot!!! DM for me here.
So for those landing in Edmonton, did you receive landing interview via mail or email? Im asking because they messed up with my address before and worried that i may miss the letter if it is mailed. Also, my DM letter just states bringing the passport. I didnt see other requirements like photos which i saw from other letters? Or were those other requirements written in the landing letter? I wiill appreciate your responses. Hang in there everyone!
Congrats!! :) And yeah, I know I shouldn't take anything they tell us seriously, we learned that a long time ago!

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
sophieee said:
Someone actually called them with the brand new OWP in his hand, and the call center agent told him that the OWP hadn't been issued yet and he had to wait for 4 months :D :D :D
Seriously? ? That's sooooo sad that I have to laugh now :D what a bunch of @#$*&!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
sophieee said:
Someone actually called them with the brand new OWP in his hand, and the call center agent told him that the OWP hadn't been issued yet and he had to wait for 4 months :D :D :D

Daizey, I'm sure you will get your OWP very soon, take a look at this tracking sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0
LOL, now that's pretty funny! :D I don't know, maybe they haven't sent me my OWP yet because they're already working on our file...who knows? Seems everyone around my date has received theirs already. ???

GustavesF

Oct 29, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-04-2014
AOR Received.
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
08-10-2015
sophieee said:
Wow, the calling center needs to have a formal review. Why does anyone have to wait for any amount of time on the phone at all to reach someone who has absolutely no ability to answer any questions?

If they started to patch calls directly to my local grocery store I'm sure no one would even notice a difference in the level of service provided. At the very least people wouldn't be getting misleading, harmful, information.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I can hardly handle this anymore. After badgering my MP's office again this week, I've found out that the reason Saskatoon has transferred our file for the third time in a year is because Saskatoon can't seem to handle the backlog and thought it would get processed faster if sent to Winnipeg. I might have accepted that a year ago but not now. Not when my file is nearing 23 months without AIP. I know that the file will take a month to transfer and go straight to the bottom of the Winnipeg pile. In the mean time there have been files received the same week as ours that have had their PR for nearly a year already. How could Saskatoon look at the date on the file and decide that our file should be transferred again. It's like being sentenced to jail time. THIS IS INHUMANE!!!!!

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
GustavesF said:
Wow, the calling center needs to have a formal review. Why does anyone have to wait for any amount of time on the phone at all to reach someone who has absolutely no ability to answer any questions?

If they started to patch calls directly to my local grocery store I'm sure no one would even notice a difference in the level of service provided. At the very least people wouldn't be getting misleading, harmful, information.
I agree, and I often wonder...just what do they DO everyday? They don't research, they can't access any information, and what information they give us is totally bogus half the time. They get paid to sit there and just wing it with whatever they can make up to whoever they happen to answer the phone with? I've worked in a call center before, and it's hard enough when you have all the answers to give people bad news, I can't even fathom what these poor call center people have to go through. People asking you the same questions everyday and not being able to give correct, concrete information would drive me bonkers!

mathbes

May 14, 2014
Cic update today.

17 mois
(évaluation initiale)

Nous travaillons actuellement sur les demandes reçues au 4 septembre 2013

Dernière mise à jour : le 21 janvier 2015

Maybe you should call september 3 2013 .....

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
mathbes said:
Cic update today.

17 mois
(évaluation initiale)

Nous travaillons actuellement sur les demandes reçues au 4 septembre 2013

Dernière mise à jour : le 21 janvier 2015

Maybe you should call september 3 2013 .....
What the piieeepp...I will call them for sure this afternoon!

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
Kae12345 said:
I finally got my OWP today. I'm a Sept 11, 2013 applicant. They sent the OWP to my old address (which I updated 8 months ago). I called in yesterday and spoke to an agent who confirmed my address...and it was correct, so I don't know how they got it wrong! But at least we have it now!!

I was in the same situation.
Dec 2013 applicant here, got my OWP in my old address, but I updated it on ecas one day before moving.
Apparently when we sent the application with OWP to Vagreville, and they transfered the file to Mississauga,
Only the Mississauga got the updated address.

April Fajardo

Star Member
Dec 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vagreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Dec 5, 2013
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2014
File Transfer...
Mar 9, 2014
Med's Done....
July 9, 2014
Interview........
Aug 24, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 24, 2015
sophieee said:

Daizey, I'm sure you will get your OWP very soon, take a look at this tracking sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0
Same here, called CIC (last friday) about my OWP status, agent said wait four months and its in process.
Monday , I received my OWP in the mail but my old address. (Lucky we know the resident who lives in our old address and they called us that we have mail).

laksidesvibe

Jan 21, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
Missisauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-01-15
AOR Received.
12-04-15
Med's Done....
24-01-15
Mela said:
I can hardly handle this anymore. After badgering my MP's office again this week, I've found out that the reason Saskatoon has transferred our file for the third time in a year is because Saskatoon can't seem to handle the backlog and thought it would get processed faster if sent to Winnipeg. I might have accepted that a year ago but not now. Not when my file is nearing 23 months without AIP. I know that the file will take a month to transfer and go straight to the bottom of the Winnipeg pile. In the mean time there have been files received the same week as ours that have had their PR for nearly a year already. How could Saskatoon look at the date on the file and decide that our file should be transferred again. It's like being sentenced to jail time. THIS IS INHUMANE!!!!!
Insane! Aren't all the application supposed to be in Missisauga? What's with moving em to Saskatoon or winnipeg? So sorry you had to go through all of this. Request your GCMS, maybe that might help she'd some light on the issue.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
laksidesvibe said:
Insane! Aren't all the application supposed to be in Missisauga? What's with moving em to Saskatoon or winnipeg? So sorry you had to go through all of this. Request your GCMS, maybe that might help she'd some light on the issue.
Originally our file was transferred to Winnipeg because we were common law. Then to Saskatoon because that's where we were actually living. Now Saskatoon is claiming that they can't handle the number of applications they have to review so they're sending it to Winnipeg to be processed quicker, which we all know is a total lie because a transfer takes a month just to register and then we'll be swiftly put at the bottom of the pile.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
Mela said:
You are right Mela - this sounds completely inhumane. To some of the people processing these, we are just files - they forget there are people attached. I am so sorry you are going through this - I can't believe how unfair it is and how much stress you must be feeling. Is your MP willing to advocate for you to have your file pulled to the top of the waitlist - or at least to the spot you should have been in if they had just kept your file in the first place? Could a lawyer help in this situation? Is there anyone you can call at the Winnipeg office? The powerlessness with this process is seriously mind boggling!