+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

INLAND APPLICATIONS 2013

Blackdisc

Star Member
Sep 24, 2013
Mela said:
I can hardly handle this anymore. After badgering my MP's office again this week, I've found out that the reason Saskatoon has transferred our file for the third time in a year is because Saskatoon can't seem to handle the backlog and thought it would get processed faster if sent to Winnipeg. I might have accepted that a year ago but not now. Not when my file is nearing 23 months without AIP. I know that the file will take a month to transfer and go straight to the bottom of the Winnipeg pile. In the mean time there have been files received the same week as ours that have had their PR for nearly a year already. How could Saskatoon look at the date on the file and decide that our file should be transferred again. It's like being sentenced to jail time. THIS IS INHUMANE!!!!!
You should tweet to chris alexander.

Lorelai12

Star Member
Dec 13, 2014
cun said:
Sep 19 /13 applicant here i was asked by cic to provide additional prove of relationship what could i send??
Hi Cun. I think it depends. Are they asking you for more proof of your relationship in general or did they say from a particular date? I think they may be asking for more proof to ensure you are still together after filing your application as that was so long ago... Because CIC is soooo slow in processing I think they are wondering who is still together. So if they are asking you for proof from a particular time you could just send them mail that shows you have the same address, continued leases, bills with both your names (if you have that), pictures of you together, any travel you may have done - the same kinds of things you sent initially except it would be since applying.

automaton82

Aug 28, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V // CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
31-12-2013
AOR Received.
28-01-2014
Med's Done....
Sent with app
Interview........
AIP 30-04-2015 // DM 06-05-2015
LANDED..........
19-05-2015 // PR card 28-08-2015
FYI my spouse got OWP today. Application was sent with PR application back in December 2013 (CIC says received Dec 31 2013).

I have 2 questions:

1. My spouse is from a visa exempt country, but her last visa was an LMO + working permit (expired now). Are people travelling with inland successfully out of the country at this point without AIP/DM/PR? With the OWP, it would be fairly convincing I think, but want to check.

2. Last time we got OHIP with her LMO+working permit. Is it possible to do the same with OWP, or do we have to wait for AIP?

Thanks!

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Lorelai12 said:
You are right Mela - this sounds completely inhumane. To some of the people processing these, we are just files - they forget there are people attached. I am so sorry you are going through this - I can't believe how unfair it is and how much stress you must be feeling. Is your MP willing to advocate for you to have your file pulled to the top of the waitlist - or at least to the spot you should have been in if they had just kept your file in the first place? Could a lawyer help in this situation? Is there anyone you can call at the Winnipeg office? The powerlessness with this process is seriously mind boggling!
I guess getting a lawyer is probably the only way anybody is going to take us seriously. My MP hasn't indicated they are willing to take this any further. But who has the money to hire lawyers when they've been in this situation for almost two years? We planned for the 8 months they told us we'd have to wait, not the nearly 23 we've been waiting. This process just seems to be set up to destroy families, not bring them security. I've never been so ashamed of my government. An entire year later, our file is back in Winnipeg where it was first transferred and we'll be hitting the bottom of the pile again. It's a nightmare! Just take a look at the spreadsheet and you'll see me way at the top of the list in a see of pink entries of people who've gotten their PR before we've even been looked at for AIP.

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Mela said:
Originally our file was transferred to Winnipeg because we were common law. Then to Saskatoon because that's where we were actually living. Now Saskatoon is claiming that they can't handle the number of applications they have to review so they're sending it to Winnipeg to be processed quicker, which we all know is a total lie because a transfer takes a month just to register and then we'll be swiftly put at the bottom of the pile.
Sadly, the file is being moved around because they have doubts about the validity of the relationship and want an interview with you. Once this happens, you are moved out of the 'normal' timeline and it can take them many moons (as you have already noticed) to get to your file to even call you in for the interview to get the file moving in the proper direction again. Trying to compare your file with others that didn't get moved to a local office for interview is like comparing apples and dwarf rabbits. Yes, they are that far removed and different.

Sorry you are going through this, but there really isn't much that even an MP can do for you at this time because you are 'out of the normal processing loop'. Best of luck to you though and I hope things get moving in a positive direction for you and your spouse.

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Alurra71 said:
Sadly, the file is being moved around because they have doubts about the validity of the relationship and want an interview with you. Once this happens, you are moved out of the 'normal' timeline and it can take them many moons (as you have already noticed) to get to your file to even call you in for the interview to get the file moving in the proper direction again. Trying to compare your file with others that didn't get moved to a local office for interview is like comparing apples and dwarf rabbits. Yes, they are that far removed and different.

Sorry you are going through this, but there really isn't much that even an MP can do for you at this time because you are 'out of the normal processing loop'. Best of luck to you though and I hope things get moving in a positive direction for you and your spouse.
Actually, there are people on the spreadsheet who also had cohabitation assessments that have had their PR long ago. Our file has fallen through the cracks.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Daizey said:
Congrats!! :) And yeah, I know I shouldn't take anything they tell us seriously, we learned that a long time ago!
Thank you Daizey and September 3. I really really hope your aips are coming in too sooooon. :-*

Mela

Star Member
Jan 17, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Mela said:
Actually, there are people on the spreadsheet who also had cohabitation assessments that have had their PR long ago. Our file has fallen through the cracks.
If our file had been left in Winnipeg it would have been processed April 2014 but because they failed to properly update our address they transferred it to Saskatoon when it got to the top of the pile and we went to the bottom of the Saskatoon pile.

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
Guys I just got a phone call ( no caller I d ) from CIC Edmonton !! They just got my passport today , and just asked me if I want to land tomorrow !! Tomorrow at 9 am will be the day . I'm so happy :D

JohnnyP

Jun 20, 2013
Toronto-->Victoria
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville--> Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
10-09-2013
Med's Request
10-01-2015
Med's Done....
03-02-2015
Interview........
16-04-2015
Tilikun said:
Guys I just got a phone call ( no caller I d ) from CIC Edmonton !! They just got my passport today , and just asked me if I want to land tomorrow !! Tomorrow at 9 am will be the day . I'm so happy :D
Awesome!!! :D

missworld13

Star Member
Jun 18, 2013
Mississauga
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-07-2014
AOR Received.
02-09-2014 AIP
Med's Done....
03-01-2014
Passport Req..
26-01-2015
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Tilikun said:
oh great.. so quick...

CK07

Star Member
Oct 30, 2013
Tilikun said:
congrats in advance..! this is it..!

Frignanij

Oct 21, 2013
cun said:
Sep 19 /13 applicant here i was asked by cic to provide additional prove of relationship what could i send??
Proof of Relationship

When you apply for permanent residence as a spouse or common-law partner, you have to prove that your relationship is genuine. The following items can be used as proof of your relationship:

Documents showing a relationship, such as a family medical plan and a joint bank account.
Documents showing shared ownership of property, such as a mortgage and a lease.
A marriage certificate.
A statutory declaration of common-law union (available on our website).
Proof of death, divorce or separation if either you or your spouse were previously married or in a common-law relationship.
Wedding or commitment ceremony invitations and photos.
Proof that you live with your sponsor, such as joint utility bills showing the same address for both of you.
Proof of visits to each other or trips together, such as airline tickets, boarding passes, and copies of the pages in your passport with stamps.
Long distance telephone bills.
Documents naming your partner as a beneficiary, such as insurance policies and a will.
Letters.
Photos of important events.
Statements from family members, friends or others confirming the good faith of your relationship.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that your relationship is genuine. In addition, other proof can be taken into consideration.

Proof of Cohabitation

When you apply to sponsor a common law partner, you have to prove that you:

That means continuous cohabitation for one year, not periodical cohabitation adding up to one year. While cohabitation means living together continuously, from time to time, one or the other partner may have left the home for work or business travel, family obligations, and so on. The separation must be temporary and short term.

Here is a list of items that can be used as proof of cohabitation:

Shared bank accounts and/or credit cards
Shared ownership of residential property
Shared residential leases
Shared rental receipts
Shared utilities accounts (electricity, gas, telephone)
Proof of shared management of household expenses;
Evidence of shared purchases (especially for household items)
Mail addressed to either or both of you at the same address
Important documents for both of you showing the same address, (e.g., identification documents, driver’s licenses, insurance polices, etc.)
Shared responsibility for household management, household chores, etc.
Please note that it is not mandatory to include all these items to prove that you have lived together. Also note that other proof can be taken into consideration.

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
shyla36 said:
Thank you Daizey and September 3. I really really hope your aips are coming in too sooooon. :-*
hey Shyla 36,
congratulations!!! this was so unexpected good news!!! Very, very happy for you. good luck for the job hunting. be happy!!!!!

frenchwapiti

Jan 15, 2014
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
16-08-2013
AOR Received.
12-09-2013
Med's Done....
with application
VISA ISSUED...
patiently waiting
LANDED..........
15-04-2015
Tilikun said:
yeah!!! congratulations!!! I am soooo happy for you!!!! This is the best news of the year. fingers crossed for your landing interview.
tomorrow you should go party for the whole weekend.