Kae12345

Aug 7, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sept 11, 2013
AOR Received.
Sept 30, 2013
I finally got my OWP today. I'm a Sept 11, 2013 applicant. They sent the OWP to my old address (which I updated 8 months ago). I called in yesterday and spoke to an agent who confirmed my address...and it was correct, so I don't know how they got it wrong! But at least we have it now!!

LeBon

May 21, 2013
Kae12345 said:
I finally got my OWP today. I'm a Sept 11, 2013 applicant. They sent the OWP to my old address (which I updated 8 months ago). I called in yesterday and spoke to an agent who confirmed my address...and it was correct, so I don't know how they got it wrong! But at least we have it now!!
They did the exact same thing to me - sent it to an address I haven't lived at since September. The OWP was sent last Tuesday (Oct 2, 2013 applicant). I was glad I called after to double check the address. The current residents of that old address called yesterday to let us know it had arrived :D

Daizey

Jan 28, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07-08-2013
AOR Received.
03-09-2013
Med's Done....
Sent with App
VISA ISSUED...
AIP + DM 12-02-2015
LANDED..........
12-03-2015
Called CIC today, though I'm not sure why I bothered. We asked if there was anything they could tell us about our application, and they said it could take up to 4 more months for AIP. Because we never received our AOR letter (we don't get email from CIC since we're going through a lawyer) we never got the request for CSQ. So when time came to give us AIP, we instead received that request. It took a month to get CSQ back from Quebec, and they said it would take up to 4 months after they received CSQ for AIP. We also asked about my OWP through the pilot program, and they told us it could also take up to 4 months. I'm wondering if the person was just saying 4 months for everything because they really have no idea. Looks like it's probably going to take us 2 years to get through this whole process...

homeland2014

Aug 14, 2014
I was planning on taking a short course (30 hours) spanning over 5 weeks on my OWP issued under the pilot program. Would this cause any issues?

3september2013

Star Member
Aug 8, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-V to CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
03-09-2013 re-applied April 17, 2015
AOR Received.
23-09-2013
Med's Done....
May 2014
Daizey said:
Called CIC today, though I'm not sure why I bothered. We asked if there was anything they could tell us about our application, and they said it could take up to 4 more months for AIP. Because we never received our AOR letter (we don't get email from CIC since we're going through a lawyer) we never got the request for CSQ. So when time came to give us AIP, we instead received that request. It took a month to get CSQ back from Quebec, and they said it would take up to 4 months after they received CSQ for AIP. We also asked about my OWP through the pilot program, and they told us it could also take up to 4 months. I'm wondering if the person was just saying 4 months for everything because they really have no idea. Looks like it's probably going to take us 2 years to get through this whole process...
I'm sorry to hear this but I think the agents don't have a clue. Dont get too upset about their answer cause i know they have told a lot of people here on the forum to wait 4 months and guess what...a week later they got their owp in the mailbox. So i really hope you will get some good news soon!

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Woot woot!!! DM for me here.
So for those landing in Edmonton, did you receive landing interview via mail or email? Im asking because they messed up with my address before and worried that i may miss the letter if it is mailed. Also, my DM letter just states bringing the passport. I didnt see other requirements like photos which i saw from other letters? Or were those other requirements written in the landing letter? I wiill appreciate your responses. Hang in there everyone!

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
3september2013 said:
I'm sorry to hear this but I think the agents don't have a clue. Dont get too upset about their answer cause i know they have told a lot of people here on the forum to wait 4 months and guess what...a week later they got their owp in the mailbox. So i really hope you will get some good news soon!
Someone actually called them with the brand new OWP in his hand, and the call center agent told him that the OWP hadn't been issued yet and he had to wait for 4 months :D :D :D

Daizey, I'm sure you will get your OWP very soon, take a look at this tracking sheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZnRF29FWdqOGQV8dW4bImBuIwjCfoy2R8ZycyX4jH0c/edit#gid=0

sophieee

Champion Member
Jan 14, 2014
Vancouver
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC Mississauga
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 20, 2014
AOR Received.
May 2, 2014
Med's Done....
Jan 10, 2014
Interview........
AIP: May 25, 2015
LANDED..........
Aug 11, 2015
shyla36 said:
Woot woot!!! DM for me here.
So for those landing in Edmonton, did you receive landing interview via mail or email? Im asking because they messed up with my address before and worried that i may miss the letter if it is mailed. Also, my DM letter just states bringing the passport. I didnt see other requirements like photos which i saw from other letters? Or were those other requirements written in the landing letter? I wiill appreciate your responses. Hang in there everyone!
Congrats!:)
The notice of the landing interview come via email as well, you should expect it soon, they are very fast nowadays!:) And yes, you will get further instructions.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
Daizey said:
Hi Daizey. I think you talked to an agent who knows nothing about this process. The 4 month waiting for owp is for those fresh applicants, those who have not submitted their app yet. You have submitted one at the initial stage and i also know you submitted again. Also. She prolly gave you a canned answer, thats what they say if they dont know whats happening. I remember one time someone here said she was asked to wait for 3 months and boom the next days got her aip. Im not raising your hopes high but i dont want you to feel upset because of these nonsense answers. Maybe, give a call again ( sorry i am so persistent about this but its your decision of course) and ask again pretend you never called yet. You may end up with a helpful knowledgeable one. Thats how i got answers to my queries and fixed the wrong address on my owp. Goodluck my friend.

shyla36

Sep 16, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-08-2013
AOR Received.
20-09-2013
Med's Done....
01-08-2013
LANDED..........
04-02-2015
sophieee said:
Congrats!:)
The notice of the landing interview come via email as well, you should expect it soon, they are very fast nowadays!:) And yes, you will get further instructions.
Thank you so much sophiee for the quick reply. I was worried cause my medical has long been expired. Goodluck to everyone. I will still be here to help in anyway i can. This forum was the best, most helpful in coping emotionally!!!!

princesultan

Aug 13, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
08-08-13
AOR Received.
08-09-13
Med's Done....
10-05-13
hey all... well, we had our landing interview today. took about 30 minutes. all this to say is that we've prettty much reached the end of the road. happy to say that this painful journey is close to over (just waiting for the PR card now).

thanks for everyone's help.

cun

Mar 31, 2014
Sep 19 /13 applicant here i was asked by cic to provide additional prove of relationship what could i send??

Tilikun

Jan 4, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Veg--CPC-Miss
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
09-08-2013
AOR Received.
05-09-2013
Med's Done....
13-01-2014
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
SA and AIP 27-10-2014
VISA ISSUED...
DM 08-01-2015 Landing letter email 12-01-2015
LANDED..........
(On 2nd attempt) 23-01-2015/PRCard received on 09-03-2015
shyla36 said:
Thank you so much sophiee for the quick reply. I was worried cause my medical has long been expired. Goodluck to everyone. I will still be here to help in anyway i can. This forum was the best, most helpful in coping emotionally!!!!
Congratulations shyla36! I remember I got DM on a Thursday, and then the landing email came from CIC Edmonton the following Monday , good luck !

flange12

Star Member
Sep 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-M
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
01-08-2013
AOR Received.
27-08-2013
Med's Done....
15-07-2013
VISA ISSUED...
DM 13-01-2015
LANDED..........
11-03-2015
Congrats to all the good news here! Still waiting on our landing date from Vancouver. Others were getting theirs from Van within a week so I guess I got a bit optimistic that mine would come that quick as well. Still waiting so hopefully in the next few days we will get our date :D